corona virus

Letgomyleghoe
Go to solution Solved by Letgomyleghoe,

ATTENTION: there is a covid 19 F@H event happening, you can find it HERE.

this is a good opportunity to help with research!

Message added by SansVarnic

Due to the nature of this topic, please keep cool heads and conversation On Topic.

Intentional Derailing, Political Rhetoric, or Arguing will result in removal of comments/replies and warnings issued.

The "No politics" rule will be enforced even harder. This will be last warning you get. If someone posts any political rhetoric (about parties, ideology, policy etc.), you will receive PM from moderator telling to step off the thread. As forum does not have functionality to do it better ways. If you continue to post ANYTHING after receiving PM, you will get warnings for not following staff instructions.

Posting news about what governments in your parts of world do in order to act on this crisis is fine, but will be looked case-by-case. (Updated 03/19/2020)

Remember the core values of this forum;

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members.
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.
  • "Don't be a dick" - Wil Wheaton.
  • "Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted.
  • Remember your audience; both present and future.

As more people across the country work from home to help stem the spread of the novel coronavirus, some internet service providers (ISPs) are pledging to raise broadband speeds, suspend data caps, and generally make life easier for all.More than 60 companies signed on to the Federal Communication Commission's Keep America Connected Pledge, promising changes that will protect Americans on a budget from service interruptions during the crisis.

"Consumer Reports is encouraged by these timely actions," says Jonathan Schwantes, a senior policy counsel in CR's Washington, D.C., office. "Not only are these moves pro-consumer, they're a no-brainer, and we call on all internet service providers and wireless carriers to suspend data caps, boost internet speeds, and provide free or discounted service for those consumers most in need."

Comcast has announced that it will also boost internet service speeds in its lowest-tier plans and offer new residential customers free internet for 60 days. Altice, Charter Spectrum, and Cox Internet also announced programs providing free internet to qualified low-income users for a limited time.

https://www.consumerreports.org/internet-providers/isps-respond-to-coronavirus-raise-speeds-suspend-data-caps-keep-america-connected-pledge/

I've also received emails from my bank and car insurance company saying they would lend support because of the effects of Covid-19 if needed.

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

https://www.newser.com/story/288186/dont-use-ibuprofen-against-coronavirus-france-warns.html

Do not take Ibuprofen or Aspirin including Paracetamol.

It's recommended to take Tylenol aka Acetaminophen.  If you're ill or feeling sick.  The Corona Virus will not be affected with Ibuprofen or Aspirin including Paracetamol.  The current CDC recommendations is for children/teens/and adults to take Tylenol aka Acetaminophen.

"Whatever happens, happens." - Spike Spiegel

Whelp, I figured I'd chime into this thread and say greetings from a (possible) new infectee of the beer virus.

Doctor ruled out flu, though they won't test me unless I meet the crazy criteria of having contact with someone that has a confirmed case. They basically told me "Yeah, looks like you may have it, sorry! Go home and only go to the ER if your fever exceeds 103 or you have problems breathing". Yay.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

1 hour ago, PhantomJaguar77 said:

How many hypochondriacs?

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

4 hours ago, Donut417 said:

Ive heard other labs are now doing testing. Big corporations are pulling together and trying to weather the storm. Who knew theses fuckers can accutally care? They are making testing easy as well. They are setting up drive thru areas in parking lots where they can do the swabs and you dont have to leave your car. They then send it out to the lab. 

For reference funding for the CDC was cut, which is why they are so unprepared. But also remember the CDC is not the only heath orgainziaton in the US. Each state generally have a Department of Health and here in Michigan each county has a health department, generally they are the ones who check to make sure resturants are with in the letter of the health code, but they also deal with other health issues. Such as the hepatitis outbreak we been having in Michigan for the last year or so, you could get vaccinated from the health department for cheap if you were at risk. 

corporations will be laying people off and the world will change. people wont eat out and alot of service jobs will be lost. corporations are already starting this, and some will go out of business. people will be left sick and poor and the government needs to help these people.

this minimizing exercise and lies of tests and vaccine time to try and quell panic for the stock market needs to stop.

the political taint of trying to down play the crisis has left america very unprepared and lacking a coordinated response.

COVID-19 serious and its going to get much worse before it gets better, listen to the health experts in this regard. do what you can to try and limit your exposure to other people and big crowds. say a prayer for your mother, grandmother and anyone whos at serious risk for death from this pandemic.

dont pretend, its going to be better in next few weeks.many people are infected without even knowing and have been spreading unchecked for weeks...

stock up on items that allow you to limit exposure and times outside your house.

40 minutes ago, Andreas Lilja said:

Quebec PM wants counterpart to seal off the border, now

Seriously, the airports are literally letting anybody come in and all we do is give them a pamphlet that essentially says "pretty please isolate yourself for 14 days if you feel like it".

Can't do shit since airports are basically Federal jurisdiction...

But we could technically intercept everyone coming OUT of the airports and force them to be tested and turned back/quarantined if they test positive...

Trudeau is dropping the ball hard on this one just because apparently "it didn't work" when other countries closed borders with China before, so obviously it wouldn't work for Canada either, right? 🤦‍♂️

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

1 hour ago, TetraSky said:

Trudeau is dropping the ball hard on this one just because apparently "it didn't work" when other countries closed borders with China before, so obviously it wouldn't work for Canada either, right? 🤦‍♂️

Big voting blocs, the nationals of these countries. You wouldn't want to be a xenophobe, would you?

He has no balls. He's like the anti-thesis of his father.

Did anyone use alcohol clean your cellphone screen on every day and had stop using sell phone at the bathroom?

Also did anyone clean your stuff that use everyday like keyboard since this virus outbreak situation. 

Funny how just back in January so much people in our city is leaving to avoid the disease, but now have to end up hurrying back because it's spreading even faster everywhere else.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

We all know this new virus is pretty risky if you have some pre-existing condition like pneumonia or weakened immune system like cancer patients, but what about if you already have a common seasonal flu and you get this new virus on top? Can’t find any info for such scenario anywhere. Surely coronavirus doesn’t care if body is already fighting with some other infection. How’s with that?

2 hours ago, RejZoR said:

We all know this new virus is pretty risky if you have some pre-existing condition like pneumonia or weakened immune system like cancer patients, but what about if you already have a common seasonal flu and you get this new virus on top? Can’t find any info for such scenario anywhere. Surely coronavirus doesn’t care if body is already fighting with some other infection. How’s with that?

I do not know if this is or even can be the case with say flu and coronavirus, but there are definitely cases, where one hard to cure normally disease can be basically cured by infecting with another, way easier to deal with disease. Just because one virus is harder for our bodies to fight does not mean that weaker virus or bacteria can't overwhelm the "stronger" virus. So who knows. If you find info about it, please do post it here.

3 hours ago, Age of 9394 said:

Did anyone use alcohol clean your cellphone screen on every day and had stop using sell phone at the bathroom?

Also did anyone clean your stuff that use everyday like keyboard since this virus outbreak situation. 

If it's shared, definitely yes. 

22 minutes ago, Ergroilnin said:

I do not know if this is or even can be the case with say flu and coronavirus, but there are definitely cases, where one hard to cure normally disease can be basically cured by infecting with another, way easier to deal with disease. Just because one virus is harder for our bodies to fight does not mean that weaker virus or bacteria can't overwhelm the "stronger" virus. So who knows. If you find info about it, please do post it here.

No, I didnt mean that one cures the other, I meant if they can stack and make situation worse than if you only got the covid19 without having prior common flu.

I keep hearing rumors about a national quarantine or martial law (not sure if this is the same thing)

How likely is this scenario in the U.S.?

On 3/16/2020 at 8:13 PM, RejZoR said:

No, I didnt mean that one cures the other, I meant if they can stack and make situation worse than if you only got the covid19 without having prior common flu.

You can get both at the same time, which overburdens the body.

the bleak "reality" of Covid-19 in north of Italy:

On 3/16/2020 at 7:54 PM, CalintzJerevinan said:
Spoiler

Old news, already posted by another member a few days ago

France enters the phase of total lockdown (like Italy).

Going out of home is only authorized for emergencies reasons or for those who MUST go to work and can't work remotely.

All non-essential shops are closed (food, pharmacy).

EU borders are closed as of today.

Seriously though, I hope everyone is safe & well and that y'all remain that way. This is now becoming sureal tbh, the entire world has had to react to this in a way not many people alive today can remember ever happening before.

Meanwhile here in the UK were being "advised" to avoid pubs, schools are still open, public gatherings are still allowed, even our airports and borders are technically still open. Our governments official advice is stay away from other people as much as possible and wash your hands. Nothing has been banned and theres no lockdown in place.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

39 minutes ago, Cora_Lie said:

France enters the phase of total lockdown (like Italy).

Going out of home is only authorized for emergencies reasons or for those who MUST go to work and can't work remotely.

All non-essential shops are closed (food, pharmacy).

EU borders are closed as of today.

Food and pharmacy are non-essential??