WHO THE F**K WOULD NEED THIS

Death_and_famine

Who in the world needs a Quadro rtx 8000? It's not even that much better than a 2080ti. Please tell me why someone would drop 5.5k on a slightly better GPU instead of 1500 (Worst case) on a  GPU that is practically the same thing?

Edit: So apparently it has 48Gigs of VRAM. It is geared towards people who use 3d modeling and that jazz.

2 minutes ago, Death_and_famine said:

Please tell me why someone would drop 5.5k on a slightly better GPU instead of 1500 (Worst case) on a  GPU that is practically the same thing?

Because for businesses, spending 5.5K on a graphics card that generate significantly more profit than the initial cost is not an issue.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

It's strange that people cannot conceive of a use for something just because they themselves cannot use it.

There are billions of people in this world. Some of them need 48GB of VRAM and other non-gaming Quadro functions.

Oh boy...

They cost more because of the validation process, error correcting memory, unlocked compute features, support, etc.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

5 minutes ago, r2724r16 said:

Because for businesses, spending 5.5K on a graphics card that generate significantly more profit than the initial cost is not an issue.

That's not really why they cost more though.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

Just now, Den-Fi said:

Some of them need 48GB of VRAM

THEY HAVE WHAT NOW!? 48! I did not know that. I guess it's just ultra future proof

Cuda cores ain't everything.

Someone buying a Quadro for gaming is dumb, but any professional can make proper use of it

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Vitamanic said:

Oh boy...

They cost more because of the validation process, error correcting memory, unlocked compute features, support, etc.

I was not aware it supports ECC. doesn't that have to do with the motherboard?(I could be wrong)

You know it's not for games, right?

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

4 minutes ago, Vitamanic said:

That's not really why they cost more though.

OP wasn't asking why they cost more. OP was asking why anyone would buy them if they're so expensive.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

1 minute ago, Death_and_famine said:

doesn't that have to do with the motherboard?(I could be wrong)

Sort of. For DIMM and SODIMM RAM sticks, you need a CPU and mainboard that support ECC memory in order to use it as ECC memory.

But for GPUs, they use ECC for functions ran on the GPU. Things like rendering or large scale number crunching.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Just now, Drak3 said:

Thanks for clearing up my confusion. People can be pretty rough online when you don't know things?

Right off the top of my head NVIDIA doesn't allow their desktop series cards to be passed though to virtual machines (easily). Which is a massive part of big businesses. Also the ability to allocate portions of a hardware component to a VM (SR-IOV though that may just be AMD @TopHatProductions115) enabling multiple VMs to share a single GPU is not a supported feature of those desktop cards.

10 minutes ago, Caroline said:

CAD? professional video editors? complex 3D modelling? fuck, even guys who work with Photoshop, you know how much VRAM that thing eats?

Apparently not, hence the post xD

2 minutes ago, Death_and_famine said:

Thanks for clearing up my confusion. People can be pretty rough online when you don't know things?

It probably would have gone over better if your thread title was less sensationalized lol.

What prompted you to make this thread anyway? The post was just so... filled with misconception. Even reading the product page would have given you enough info to not have made it.

I ask out of genuine curiosity, not being sarcastic or anything.

15 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Cuda cores ain't everything.

Someone buying a Quadro for gaming is dumb, but any professional can make proper use of it

Professional gamers included?

Sudo make me a sandwich 

The industries that can use something of that level have no qualms about dropping that kind of cash on a graphics card. An hour of their machine time might be worth tens of thousands of dollars in revenue, so any efficiency gained is a massive benefit.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

15 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

It probably would have gone over better if your thread title was less sensationalized lol.

What prompted you to make this thread anyway?

In February im getting a settlement from a car crash in, and was thinking about building a high end PC (My first). While parting out I saw the quadro and its benchmark in games. Nothing about VRAM. Should of just googled it lol

22 minutes ago, Death_and_famine said:

In February im getting a settlement from a car crash in, and was thinking about building a high end PC (My first). While parting out I saw the quadro and its benchmark in games. Nothing about VRAM. Should of just googled it lol

Ah. Well at least you know where to come to make sure the build comes out nice.

Throwing money at parts doesn't always net something that works well lol.

@Death_and_famine I do.
It's tremendously powerful for rendering.

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

OP:  Scientists working with deep learning, folks messing around with large designs that need realtime raytracing, guys that need something to power 16 UHD displays with 4 Q8000s and a Qsync II, CAD, DCC, CGI applications (all the movies we watch), real product support (like a human answers the phone), stability (as in, custom drivers that work because a human knows how to adjust them for the application), more real support, industry certificate standards, stability...  And, limited super science vilinary (Master Billy Quizboy has been known to use OTS devices periodically), and can be used for balancing the world's powers at VenTech.  

WHY DO PEOPLE WITH ZERO FORUM MANORS ALWAYS YELL IN THEIR TITLES

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

4 hours ago, Death_and_famine said:

Who in the world needs a Quadro rtx 8000? It's not even that much better than a 2080ti. Please tell me why someone would drop 5.5k on a slightly better GPU instead of 1500 (Worst case) on a  GPU that is practically the same thing?

Edit: So apparently it has 48Gigs of VRAM. It is geared towards people who use 3d modeling and that jazz.

Quadros are built with reliability in mind, with drivers that work with certain applications that businesses use, and in most cases, has VRAM that contains error detection and correction. People who buy it also probably get much better support from NVIDIA than us plebs. But otherwise, it's the reliability that you pay for. These cards are designed to run hardcore tasks constantly for hours on end without fail or error. If you're running a business or doing research or whatever, downtime costs a lot more money than how much you can save buying something cheaper.

There was an anecdote I read where someone thought they could save money by buying a bunch of GeForce 780s in place of their Quadro equivalents. They still had Quadros, but within the year, most of the GeForce cards were having problems while the Quadros were still ticking. The amount of money lost due to the downtime basically negated the cost savings of using GeForce.

6 hours ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

Quadros are built with reliability in mind, with drivers that work with certain applications that businesses use, and in most cases, has VRAM that contains error detection and correction. People who buy it also probably get much better support from NVIDIA than us plebs. But otherwise, it's the reliability that you pay for. These cards are designed to run hardcore tasks constantly for hours on end without fail or error. If you're running a business or doing research or whatever, downtime costs a lot more money than how much you can save buying something cheaper.

There was an anecdote I read where someone thought they could save money by buying a bunch of GeForce 780s in place of their Quadro equivalents. They still had Quadros, but within the year, most of the GeForce cards were having problems while the Quadros were still ticking. The amount of money lost due to the downtime basically negated the cost savings of using GeForce.

I used them for better anti aliasing. 

At the time I needed them gaming cards had only 16x anti aliasing. The Quadros had 32x.

I needed that for previews with 3D max when working on complex objects.

Fortunately 4000s have this feature so I never had to spend more than a gaming card.

If I was still in business I would pay up to $2500 for real time raytrace preview if the software I used supported it. Sixty percent of my post production work was fixing reflection errors with PhotoShop so it would be money well spent. 

RIG#1 CPU: AMD, R 7 5800x3D| Motherboard: X570 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 2TB | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG42UQ

RIG#2 CPU: Intel i9 11900k | Motherboard: Z590 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3600 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1300 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD#1: SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX300 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k C1 OLED TV

RIG#3 CPU: Intel i9 10900kf | Motherboard: Z490 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 4000 | GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio 3090 | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Crucial P1 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

RIG#4 CPU: Intel i9 13900k | Motherboard: AORUS Z790 Master | RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB 32GB DDR5 6200 | GPU: Zotac Amp Extreme 4090  | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Streacom BC1.1S | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB  | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV