Would you sell game hacks or cheats for quick cash?

Rakanoth

Imagine that you are in need of a quick cash.

You are an experienced developer. You know Windows internals well. You are already good at C++ and system/kernel programming. You are also well-versed reverse engineer.

In consideration of the current status of the video game cheat market, you come to the realization that you can make a good sum of money by selling video game cheats.

Would you do it? Would it go against your principles?

6 minutes ago, Rakanoth said:

In consideration of the current status of the video game cheat market, you come to the realization that you can make a good sum of money by selling video game cheats.

no, these are all voluntary work, no one will pay for it

1 minute ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

no, these are all voluntary work,

Creating cheats for online games is a voluntary work? No way. If you make your cheat public, the cheat you develop will be blacklisted by the anti cheat software within 24 hours :D

if its a game i care about, no, i wont; otherwise, why not?

if i can... sadly i know nothing about programming, so no quick cash for me.

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

5 hours ago, Rakanoth said:

You are an experienced developer. You know Windows internals well. You are already good at C++ and system/kernel programming. You are also well-versed reverse engineer.

Yes, and I'd dominate the market while I'm at it.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

only single player games.

I live in misery USA. my timezone is central daylight time which is either UTC -5 or -4 because the government hates everyone.

into trains? here's the model railroad thread!

12 hours ago, -Kriss- said:

Absolutely not, theres plenty of free cheats out there that remain undetected for months.

This is not the case for BattlEye, EasyAntiCheat, FaceIt, ESL Wire or ESEA. These anti cheats are pretty strong and any cheat that is public will not work. I can guarantee that 100%.

However, sXe anti cheat, VAC, Punkbuster and many other user-mode anti-cheats are pretty useless. Public cheats might work well with them.

Me: If there is a Market for your skills and they can provide for you, well that's Capitalism.

However I abhor cheaters so its not for me, but to each their own.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

Nah, I don't paid $$$. Currently planning pokemon ultra sun and pokemon alpha sapphire. Both are hacked and modified version of the original games (called pnumbra moon and star sapphire by their creators). I use a cheat tool called Pkhex to cheat a bit as well. It is free software and you can actually grab its source code from github. 

They are more entertaining than the vannila games and runs great on Citra emulator on my Linux machine. I can even play multiplyer. Crazy how far 3ds emulator has gotten.... Also I can imagine shit tons of legal lawsuits and criminal charges that can happen if these modders and hackers decide to commercialize their creations. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

18 hours ago, Zenedge said:

never. games are meant to be fun, and hacking takes away the fun of others. i wouldn't want to earn money at the expense of other people

Nothing unethical about hacking copies of SINGLE PLAYER games you own. If You cheat in online games, that's a different matter. I play competitively in company of heroes 2 and I will report a cheater when I see one. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

Plenty of people will pay lots of money for cheats/bots in online games. Take World of Warcraft for example. Many thousands of people have paid lots of money for bot programs to play the game for them: harvest materials, gold farm, etc. However, the more popular your paid cheat programs become, the more notoriety you gain with the companies that develop these games. The first big bot program for WoW was taken down by force of Blizzard's legal team, but I can't think of the name of it right now. The latest botting programs are currently fighting legal battles with Blizzard as well.

IMO if you want to make any serious amount of money from something like this, I would be more inclined to develop a private botting program and use it on many hundreds of accounts to farm gold, resources, etc. That way, you can gain income from the selling of currencies online, as well as selling the max-level accounts once they are done making the money for you. I was looking at the prices for max-level accounts on Runescape 3 the other night, and it seems like a high enough account could sell for $200-300 minimum. Now it could take a few months for a bot program running 24/7 to even come close to getting an account that high, but if you're running a farm of 100+ accounts at once, and can manage to get them maxed out reliably, then you're looking at a lot of money if it can be done successfully. And all that income is in addition to any in-game currency that you sell before you offload the accounts. 

If I knew how to program better than I currently do, I would absolutely try to make some money from it, but selling cheat software online opens you up to charge-backs from unhappy customers that can't manage to keep their accounts from getting banned and even legal trouble should the development company find your programs for sale online.

Yes.

I mean on the scale of evil, selling video game cheats clearly isn't in the top 500.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

no. i have morals

plus anyone who pays for cheats in video games is scum

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

If it's a single player game then I'll give it out for free (on girhub or the likes)

I wouldn't give out ones meant for multiplayer games cause those ruin the experience of everyone involved in that game.

On 8/5/2019 at 11:37 PM, Rakanoth said:

Absolutely not. If I were that good of a coder, I'd sell my skills legally.

Cheats ruin online games, and cheaters are scum.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

18 hours ago, Rakanoth said:

This is not the case for BattlEye, EasyAntiCheat, FaceIt, ESL Wire or ESEA. These anti cheats are pretty strong and any cheat that is public will not work. I can guarantee that 100%.

You'd be surprise but there are cheats that works fine on places like ESEA, people actually sell CS:GO ESEA ready cheats (the usual wallhack and autoaim combo) for a really high price tag... I did search some invite only obscure forums and usually it'd cost around 600 dollars per month a subscription for this kind of truly undetected cheat.... the low amount of people using it along side complex coding ensures it remains undetected even against the heaviest anti-cheat measures.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Of course, couldn't care less if it affected other people.. it's just a game after all 

🙂

7 hours ago, Princess Luna said:

You'd be surprise but there are cheats that works fine on places like ESEA, people actually sell CS:GO ESEA ready cheats (the usual wallhack and autoaim combo) for a really high price tag... I did search some invite only obscure forums and usually it'd cost around 600 dollars per month a subscription for this kind of truly undetected cheat.... the low amount of people using it along side complex coding ensures it remains undetected even against the heaviest anti-cheat measures.

I said "any cheat that is public will not work". With all due respect, I have to say that it seems that you did not read my post properly.