Would you sell game hacks or cheats for quick cash?

Rakanoth

For Single Player full-priced games or only the single player parts of a full-priced multiplayer? Sure, it's the end-user's own experience if and how they want to control it. Call it modding/cheating, whatever you want, you've paid for the game, if you want a different experience, by all means.

For multiplayer... it'll be, possibly for full-priced games, but only under certain circumstances. Circumstances such as if the majority of end-user have been mislead, or are being unfairly exploited. Now, granted, that can be a bit subjective. But I strongly believe in that

On 8/5/2019 at 8:40 PM, Zenedge said:

games are meant to be fun,

and things such as exploitative paywalls, (overly) manipulative designs, promised but undelivered features and the likes, make them not fun. And if it takes a bit of hack/cheat to make it fun for the majority of end-users, well then, let's have fun!

Freemium/subscription based games, unless they are doing something egregiously manipulative (like those dating apps which have fake profiles run by the company to keep people hooked and paying), then I'd probably not bother.

On 8/6/2019 at 9:13 PM, Arika S said:

no. i have morals

I think what I would (hypothetically) do, will be guided by morals too.

CPU: Vulnerable to Meltdown | Motherboard: Has LEDs that I can't see | RAM: Bought too much | GPU: Mostly satisfactory so far in our relationship | Case: Shiny, black, very heavy and tall, with a Firefox sticker | Storage: Has too many old HDDs | PSU: Hasn't blown up yet like it's predecessor | Displays: Mismatched from Craigslist | Cooling: As many Noctuas as there are fan headers | Keyboard: Keys are fading |  Mouse: Needs cleaning |

14 hours ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

You essentially have to be self sufficient. Meaning you have to setup your own website, own domain, etc. Remember THiSGaMeSuX

Thanks, I'll try that.

• 1 month later...

Depends on the type of game (single player, multiplayer) Definitely for single player games. Maybe for online games. It really depends on the publisher of the game. There have been lawsuits over video game hacks before, so I would be careful what game I make hacks for.

(Insert edgy teen quote here)

Guys you cannot sell single-player cheats. No one would buy them. I am talking about selling multiplayer cheats that utilize anti-cheats such as BattlEye, EAC, ESEA, FaceIt, VAC etc.

3 hours ago, Rakanoth said:

Guys you cannot sell single-player cheats. No one would buy them. I am talking about selling multiplayer cheats that utilize anti-cheats such as BattlEye, EAC, ESEA, FaceIt, VAC etc.

Selling multiplayer cheats that are used on public servers is unethical. 

if you and your buddies want to setup a private server with cheats enabled for everyone, and it’s fully disclosed? You do you. 

The moment you do it on a server where not everyone agreed to it, you become scum. 

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

No, for 3 reasons:

1. it's not fair to the other players who just want to unwind and enjoy a game they pay/paid good money for.

2. it's unethical in my mind to undermine someone else's work for a quick buck.  I wouldn't like it if I was the game dev.

3. If I had those skills I would just write an app for ios/android that did something useful really well and sell it for a $1 or 2.  50K downloads would get most people out of financial troubles.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I'm really only interested in playing Minecraft right now. I would totally sell hacks to people that play on 2B2T because ethics don't exist on that server. I'd report the hack to other servers before I sold it..... honestly, no harm done. (Seriously, I'm just specualating... I really don't know) Yes, I have morals.

On 8/5/2019 at 11:46 PM, Rakanoth said:

Creating cheats for online games is a voluntary work? No way. If you make your cheat public, the cheat you develop will be blacklisted by the anti cheat software within 24 hours :D

GTA V would like to know your location

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

On 8/6/2019 at 11:24 PM, CircleTech said:

to be fair yes, I would. I don't really have morals anymore since to get ahead in a capitalist society you need to leave those behind. /s

Perfect response if you ask me.  The topic is about money, and everyone has a price.

59 minutes ago, mr moose said:

3. If I had those skills I would just write an app for ios/android that did something useful really well and sell it for a $1 or 2.  50K downloads would get most people out of financial troubles.

Legit what my brother does in his spare time.  Started off writing his own apps and after telling some other business owners about them he now sells individuals apps specific for their business under contract.  Its lucrative but comes with baggage (if you don't sell it outright) but as long as your contracts are air tight (on what can be expected for/not for fair compensation defined in the contract) the baggage can be minimal (or lucrative enough to warrant).

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case