Would you sell game hacks or cheats for quick cash?

Rakanoth

Absolutely not, aside from the fact it's wrong for many reasons, you'd be likely to get sued or arrested as several have before.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 hour ago, Rakanoth said:

I said "any cheat that is public will not work". With all due respect, I have to say that it seems that you did not read my post properly.

I was writing something I've experience with that could add to your thread. With all due respect, I've the feeling you've not understood the purpose of my reply.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

7 hours ago, Princess Luna said:

I was writing something I've experience with that could add to your thread. With all due respect, I've the feeling you've not understood the purpose of my reply.

You wrote:

"You'd be surprise but there are cheats that works fine on places like ESEA, people actually sell CS:GO ESEA ready cheats (the usual wallhack and autoaim combo) for a really high price tag"

Yes. There are cheats for ESEA. But they are not "public". You have to get invited and stuff like that. So, I call it "private". It is not surprising for me to learn that cheats exist for ESEA.

How should we distinguish between public and private cheat?

You can go to jail by selling video games cheat so to me it is not worth it.

Quick cash, quick jail.

43 minutes ago, OlympicAssEater said:

You can go to jail by selling video games cheat so to me it is not worth it.

Quick cash, quick jail.

Is this possible if you are living in a country where the US has no jurisdiction?

7 hours ago, Rakanoth said:

Is this possible if you are living in a country where the US has no jurisdiction?

Idk man. I am not a politican man or a law man. 

7 hours ago, Rakanoth said:

Cheats, which can easily be considered malware, would largely be considered illegal in almost any country that has computer crime laws (which would be most of them).

The US might not have jurisdiction, but they could potentially extradite you - or the local law enforcement could prosecute you.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Is there any moderation for discussing illegal activity?

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

Sure, I don't see the problem with them. Cheats used to be a common thing built into most games. anyone recall game shark or Game Genie? Some games like rogue squadron had cheat menus built into the games. Some publishers even had cheat hot lines you could call and get cheats.

Now its oddly a big no no and you get into trouble and band from playing a game if you want unlimited lives or skip a level.

10 minutes ago, aham said:

Sure, I don't see the problem with them. Cheats used to be a common thing built into most games. anyone recall game shark or Game Genie? Some games like rogue squadron had cheat menus built into the games. Some publishers even had cheat hot lines you could call and get cheats.

Now its oddly a big no no and you get into trouble and band from playing a game if you want unlimited lives or skip a level.

I think you're conflating "cheats" in the modern sense of the word, with cheats from the "good old days".

No one cares about you "cheating" in a single player game. It's not "cheating" - we call that "modding" now.

However, people get very upset about cheating now, because when someone says that, they're almost certainly talking about cheating in a multiplayer game (such as wall hacks, extra lives/unlimited respaws, unlimited ammo, aimbots, etc).

If a group of people host a private server and decide to give everyone "special abilities", that's also totally okay.

So let us be clear about the context of "cheating" in this thread.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

24 minutes ago, Plutosaurus said:

Is there any moderation for discussing illegal activity?

Discussing illegal activities in a general concept is okay, so long as we don't encourage it, or teach people how to do it (or point to where they can learn elsewhere).

2 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

I think you're conflating "cheats" in the modern sense of the word, with cheats from the "good old days".

No one cares about you "cheating" in a single player game. It's not "cheating" - we call that "modding" now.

Umm who in there right mind would call hacking a game to give you unlimited lives or invincibility a mod? That is down right cheating.

2 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

However, people get very upset about cheating now, because when someone says that, they're almost certainly talking about cheating in a multiplayer game (such as wall hacks, extra lives/unlimited respaws, unlimited ammo, aimbots, etc).

If a group of people host a private server and decide to give everyone "special abilities", that's also totally okay.

So let us be clear about the context of "cheating" in this thread.

I fail to see the difference. wall hacks, extra lives and so on is all part of the fun of playing games. If you don't like a cheater don't play with them. Simple as that.

2 minutes ago, aham said:

Umm who in there right mind would call hacking a game to give you unlimited lives or invincibility a mod? That is down right cheating.

Did you read what I wrote? Let me show it again:

"Cheating" in a single player game isn't cheating, it's modding.

2 minutes ago, aham said:

I fail to see the difference. wall hacks, extra lives and so on is all part of the fun of playing games. If you don't like a cheater don't play with them. Simple as that.

Except you often don't have a choice. If I'm in matchmaking, there's not a "play with cheaters" check box. Cheating in multiplayer games, outside of a private server that everyone agrees to allow cheating, is scum.

I wouldn't sell it, not for MP games. Be a man and take your defeat.

Would be cool to develop cheats for SP games though. 

RTX 2080 Founders Edition | Ryzen 7 2700x

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RTX ALL the things!

1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

Did you read what I wrote? Let me show it again:

"Cheating" in a single player game isn't cheating, it's modding.

No it's cheating. Single player vs multi player makes no difference. A mod is not a cheat. It never has been.

1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

Except you often don't have a choice. If I'm in matchmaking, there's not a "play with cheaters" check box. Cheating in multiplayer games, outside of a private server that everyone agrees to allow cheating, is scum.

Oh? Ever tried logging off the server and trying a different one? Or setting up your own match?

Also your name calling is uncalled for and not nessasry.

I don't think so. I'm totally against modding and hacking in online games. And while I'm a libertarian and hardcore free market supporter, I think I would feel too guilty ruining videos games. I love them to much to do something to hurt them.

23 hours ago, duncannah said:

Of course, couldn't care less if it affected other people.. it's just a game after all 

Two types of people...

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

16 minutes ago, aham said:

No it's cheating. Single player vs multi player makes no difference. A mod is not a cheat. It never has been.

How so? What is a mod? It is a piece of software (or other modification) to the base game, changing how it operates. Some mods are as simple as changing out some asset files or editing some stats in an ini file. Other mods replace the entire EXE and are massive changes.

Oh? Ever tried logging off the server and trying a different one? Or setting up your own match?

And that's something no multiplayer user should ever be forced to do, due to cheating. Cheating is not expected. It's not agreed upon. And in the vast majority if cases, it's banned anyway. Therefore, if you want to cheat, do so in a private environment with your own hosted server or private games.

We should be accommodating regular users as the default, and regular users don't want to play with cheaters.

Also your name calling is uncalled for and not nessasry.

I wasn't calling you scum. I said people who use cheats via multiplayer (in open matches - not in privately agreed upon private matches where all parties are aware and agree to the cheating), in general, are scum. I 100% believe that this "name calling", as you put it, is called for.

On 8/8/2019 at 9:33 PM, dalekphalm said:

I said people who use cheats via multiplayer (in open matches - not in privately agreed upon private matches where all parties are aware and agree to the cheating), in general, are scum. I 100% believe that this "name calling", as you put it, is called for.

I used a wallhack in LAN match against my friends just to piss them off ?

It was sooooo much fun. One of the funniest memories I have had in my life.

Actually there were two wallhackers in my team. Towards the end of the game, we started to become more and more blatant.

Of course, they realized that we were cheating and they were kind of pissed off. Not as much as I expected.

2 minutes ago, Rakanoth said:

I used a wallhack in LAN match against my friends just to piss them off ?

And that's cool - since it's a private LAN match between you and your friend. That's not at all the same thing as what the guy above was talking about.

2 minutes ago, Rakanoth said:

It was sooooo much fun. One of the funniest memories I have had in my life.

Actually there were two wallhackers in my team. Towards the end of the game, we started to become more and more blatant.

Of course, they realized that we were cheating and they were kind of pissed off. Not as much as I expected.

Assuming you weren't doing it every time you guys played, that could be funny - though if one of my friends kept doing it (especially if we asked them to stop), I'd probably get super pissed off.

On the other hand, letting everyone wallhack and then making a game out of it, would be hilarious - but everyone would also be on even footing.

• 3 weeks later...

If you search Google for, "top multiplayer browser games", I am the creator of the only working cheat for one of those.  I tried to sell a subscription to it but got banned from almost every venue I posted it in.

Selling a cheat, I've found, is a billion times harder than actually making a cheat.

50 minutes ago, Gozsa said:

I tried to sell a subscription to it but got banned from almost every venue I posted it in.

Good. 

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

On 8/7/2019 at 4:51 PM, Ryan_Vickers said:

Absolutely not, aside from the fact it's wrong for many reasons, you'd be likely to get sued or arrested as several have before.

With certain precautions taken and followed to the letter (vpn, distribution via public wifi, use of aliases, payment via bitcoin, etc), it can be extraordinarily difficult to track down such an individual should all measures be implemented properly.

Of course, smarts equals neither maturity nor patience. Cheat coders looking for a quick buck are probably going to lack patience and make mistakes that will lead to their arrest. However, there are also the coders out there that simply "Want to watch the world burn," so to speak, and are probably wily enough to not be caught.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

Yeah, then I’d report my hacks after sales & sell new ones. 

2 hours ago, Gozsa said:

If you search Google for, "top multiplayer browser games", I am the creator of the only working cheat for one of those.  I tried to sell a subscription to it but got banned from almost every venue I posted it in.

Selling a cheat, I've found, is a billion times harder than actually making a cheat.

You essentially have to be self sufficient. Meaning you have to setup your own website, own domain, etc. Remember THiSGaMeSuX

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580