Thread For Tech Quickie Video Suggestions

Explanation on professional graphics cards such as the quadro and why they work that way. Also I would like to see certain applications that they are associated with.

Panel types. 

The process of video game development. 

You gotta do you girl. I always say you gotta do you. And if he's doing him, then who's doing you? Because right now, it seems like no one's doing you.

- Stefani Stilton (she / her) 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

Was watching your Media Den show , you said something about subzero CPU cooling , it'd be 'cool' if you did  one of those sometime.

Others Suggestions:

• Choosing a headset:

why do same driver sized headphones sound different (or different companies) , frequency response , best audio practices etc..

• Routers (a basic guide)
  • Optical disc storage (basic guide, same physical size different capacity, layering,durability etc)
  • health concerns regarding long time PC usage, (seating,arching of back,wrist injury etc.)

:ph34r:

Details separate people.

- How to install an OS

- Mineral Oil

- How to do basic troubleshooting on the first boot up (post codes and such)

- "some salty pretzel bun fanboy" ~ @helping, 2014
- "Oh shit, watch out guys, we got a hopscotch bassass here..." ~ @vinyldash303

- "Yes the 8990 is more fater than the 4820K and as you can see this specific Video card comes with 6GB" ~ Alienware 2014

Hi, I think some advice on UPS systems, surge supressors, issues with sudden shutdown and general "where is safe to plug your PC" can be a nice video

This man read my mind.

Audio, because atm, only thing I can look upon is reviews saying ''its good''

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

Another suggestion:

Fans; bearing types (sleeved etc) and static pressure vs airflow.

he already did one on that.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

Well that's what I mean "a how to on it"

I reckon there are way more people who know what cashing is and Want to do it then those who know how to actually do it.

By the way Linus has already done a video on consul versus PC.

he did explain how to, I think it was an NCIX video though.

This is pretty close to your topic imo: 

Yeah but it Doesnt adress TN IPS.

Now im confused if TN and IPS are ocmbined with then plasma/LCD

This is my 2nd video suggestion, rather demand because it would be informative to me.

The old thread in the vBulletin forum got lost in the migration (don't worry I still have access to it and I'll still look at it) so I'm creating a new one.

Guidelines

1. Video should be possible to watch in 1-2 minutes.
 2. No elaborate props. If we can't shoot it in the white box with a couple of demonstrative pieces, it's probably not feasible.
 3. Keep it simple! The idea here is to simplify computer concepts to the point where your mom can understand it. Not looking for "how to peel the ramspreaders off your memory"

I will read these suggestions, but I may not reply to this thread very often. That doesn't mean I'm not paying attention, it just means I'm busy creating lots of new video content 

If you haven't heard of Tech Quickie, it's another YouTube channel we run for paid content and the ever-popular "Fast As Possible" series.

Techquickie's channel - YouTube

Learn about the latest cool technology in only a couple minutes! Hosted by Linus Sebastian

I was thinking a video of overclocking or a video on Proscesser Branding

I enjoy this series.My suggestion would be one on what the hell is m2 and sata express.I`ve seen new motherboard reviews with both connectors on or one only.Some motherboards switch off certain pcie lanes and don`t operate to their full speed.

It`s all a bit baffling tbh.

Processor Arcitectures is all I could come up with.

Case: Thermaltake Core V71 CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 1700X (overclocked to 4.1Ghz) Cooling: Corsair H110i GT(Push-Pull config) Motherboard: Gigabyte's Aorus AX370 AM4 K7 RAM: G.SKILL 2800Mhz 32GB GPU:  GEFORCE GTX 1080 (SLI) from Gigabyte Storage: Kingston 3K 240GB (main boot drive) Crucial M500 SSD, WD 2TB Green, 100GB HD(As backup) PSU: Sseasonic X Series 850W Gold

Have you guys done the whole Case Airflow: Positive Pressure vs Negative Air Pressure schtick?

• 2 weeks later...

general gaming graphic options and what use more power/how to set up a game for low end sytem

this may be a little too large for a quicke but back when i had a gt525m (yes it could run games and no they didnt look good) i spent hours testing games to see what features used the most juice and what was the best set up. know what half that shit did would hav been nice but knowing what was the most resorce intensive from a gpu stand point would have been so much better

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

How children are being made :P

CPU: Intel core i7-4770 --- CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 --- GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix --- MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D --- PSU: Corsair AX860i --- SSD: Seagate 120GB --- HDD: Seagate 2TB + Toshiba 1TB --- ODD: Asus External DVD-R

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate --- Mouse: Logitech G602 --- Mousepad: Corsair Vengeance MM600 --- Monitor: LG 29UM65

One i would like to see is a video about changing the thermal paste on the Newer GPU Cards.....

Choosing the right (or appropriate) graphics card for a computer build.  Can you get by with cpu onboard graphics on a workstaion? When will you need a quadro? Can you use a cheaper GTX board? Can you skip the GPU and buy a more expensive CPU like an i7 if you are just doing 2D stuff or looking at complex line drawings and not 3D modelling? Why does Quadro cost so much compared to GTX? If you want to run some games as well what do you use? These and other mysteries puzzle me!  Why when I google do sites jump straight from "sometimes you might need a graphics card" to a detailed analysis of vectors, rasters, shading and chipsets? Should I just buy the most expensive and figure that it must be a good one? If you could answer all of this and do it in less than 2 minutes then you are a genious!

antivirus and pros and cons between amd, nvidia, intel, and also pros and cons between gpu manufacturers like asus, msi, ect

edit: how u should clean dust out of your computer

Major Differences between 2G, 3G and 4G Connectivity or do a series about it (Explaining what they are and the different versus of each.

2G = Calls and Texts

2.5G = Calls, Texts and Very early phone internet (EDGE)

3G = Calls, Texts and Data at 3-4x the speed of EDGE)

3.5G= C, T and Data running 2-3x faster than 3G (HSDPA & HSDPA+)

4G= C,T,D Running up to 5x quicker than 3.5G (LTE)

Also explain that in the USA That some "4G" Plans running of HSDPA+ are actually 3.5G.

(Source: I work for EE UK's First LTE Network)

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

How do digital cameras work? or What to look for when shopping for a camera? Which camera is right for me?

ISO

OIS(optical image stabilizer)

f/

Different types of focus modes?

Close up pics(maybe a how to)

Far away(also maybe a how to)

Is zoom important? When is zoom important?

Why do some cameras only have 3.6x zoom while others have like 60x zoom, will they be able to do the same things at close range? or will the high zoom camera be optimized for long range pics

Would be interesting to hear from you about that :P my father just bought a camera and I'm tryin to figure out what all these features & modes do. The user guide is filled with even more words/features I don't really understand -.-'

Edzel <3

Edit: Maybe you could split this into several vids;

1. Different types of camera's(maybe showcase some of your own cameras :))

2. Camera features(like the ISO, OIS, f/, zoom x > which are important for the average consumer or for someone who is getting into photography(im sure le pro's wont need this guide), what do these features mean and what do they do)

3. How to 'properly' setup your camera for the picture you want to take or simply how to take great pictures with a camera?(close ups, focus types, far away, which things you need to think of)

»»» Frankz' X99 System «««                                                                                         

CPU: 5820k 4.6Ghz 1.31v, Motherboard: Asus Rampage V Extreme, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws4 16GB DDR4@3000Mhz, GPU: ASUS GTX780 DirectCUII

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, HDD: WD Blue 1TB, PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850 G2, Cooler: Corsair H105, Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D        

Just went through all the As Fast As Possible videos (maybe I missed it) and I was wondering if there will be a video about the differences and compatibilities between sockets, like FM2 vs FM2+ vs AM1 etc. ? (maybe with a little insight in socket lifecycles?)

Reason why I ask for this is I built my first rig this year with an i3-4130 and it was easy picking the right mobo but when I picked the parts for an AMD APU build it wasn't that easy to find out what boards will fit (also I remember Linus saying in a Build video that FM2+ boards are compatible with FM2 CPUs).

tech quicky about new/old CPU sockets ? (LGA# / AM#) what are the differences and wich generation they go wih ?

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Please, do SSD Info. Such as IOPS, 4KB Random Read, Sequential Read and Write. It may all be "Just a number," but i need to know

How the numerical data from HDD data is converted into visual output so we can interpret whats going on (EG: 0101010101100--> IMAGE)

Details separate people.