Thread For Tech Quickie Video Suggestions

1. Cooling of cpus and other components (heatsink+ fan, radiators, thermal paste) and heat transfer, its hard for some people to understand, might be helpful to some :).

2. How flash memory works, or NAND flash (you talked about the different memory types but not on how data is stored and accesed on flash memory drives considering there are no moving/recording parts.

3. Wired peripherals vs wireless

4. Thunderbolt and why it can have multiple uses (usb type c as well)

5. Signal types (you touched on it in the connector cables video but idk)

6. How audio amps, dacs affect sound and how sound is interfered with and is relayed (I think this one would be a really good idea!!!!)

These are just a few ideas I had, Linus. Glad to help.

Edit: also 7. resolutions and screen aspect ratios and why they matter

post-58450-0-79719900-1411846268.jpg

Oh yeah and ^^

8. Different gpu manufaturers and how they work with NVIDIA/amd but also on their own (asus, evga, nvidia reference) and how cpu manufacturers dont do the same? (intel is on their own and why there arent different cpu manufacturers like gpus (seems jumbled but if you phrase it right or talk about it in a certain way it could work well!!!)  ;)

Just keep up with the pink wigs, please.

Now, seriously, you could do a video talking about how software are translated to machine language to the CPU and GPU and try to fit some information about paralelism and how many cores do not usually mean better results, unless it's coded in a paralelism-friendly way, which's pretty hard to do in a world that pretty much everything is sequential (I have a hard time coding in parallel). Even though some of these concepts are known and most people here know about, I'm not sure how about regular gamers and PC users.

Keep it up with the great videos and awesome wigs!

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon

I wouldn't mind a video breaking down the differences between sRGB, Adobe RGB, Rec 709, etc. I know that some can display more color than others, but what I don't get is sRGB 8-bit color and Adobe RGB 10-bit color? Or are those not related to that? Also, are their other advantages and disadvantages to to sRGB or Adobe RGB? I really just know nothing about this...

oh yeah and one more

keyboard things like anti ghosting, n-key rollover, etc.

virtual machines

sli/crossfire

streaming

bios

layers of software

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

PLX chips, what dafuq they do and if latency really is a big factor

CPU: Ryzen 5800X | GPU: RTX 3080 FE | Board: x570 Aorus Master | RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ | Case: Phanteks 719

Steamos

CPU: Intel i5 4690k @4.2ghz MOBO: Asus Maximus VI Hero-RAM:HyperX Fury 8gb PSU: Corsair CX750M-GPU: MSI 390x 8g HDD:WD Green 1TB KEYBOARD: Rosewill RGB8-MOUSE: Corsair Gaming RGB M65

- What is a firewall

- what is the difference between a virus/worm/Trojan

More milkshakes please... haha

What POST is and how to fix some of the problems that come up with it? I thought i lost this PC because my brother plugged one of the PSU plugs into the wrong section and we couldn't understand why it didn't post.... he sorted it but it freaked me out lol.

How to speed up windows boot time? 

PC: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Gigabyte X570 UD Corsair Vengence 32gb 3200MHZ Gigabyte RTX 2070 Intel 512gb boot / Seagate 2tb spinner Windows 10 Corsair 4000D black

Fyi i am Autistic (Aspergers) so sorry for any social mistakes (im mostly okay) If you want to learn more, Just ask! 

transistors in gpus and cpus and what the 'nm' process means

• 2 weeks later...

why cant ssd's be larger or something to be better with more storage

There is a 4Tb SSD!  It can be yours for only, ~29k!

Because he had a hard drive.

Maybe a video explaining the different keyboard types? I know there's one on different mechanical switches already but maybe one that explains more about membrane, topre and any others there are. Maybe also highlighting the new mechanical switches being made by other companies, e.g. Razer and Kale.

Your video about SLI scaling touched on frame pacing - perhaps a quick explainer would be interesting?

Home wifi router system when you have more then one. Such as connecting 3 wifi routers to one network

What is a BIOS

How Ram works

3G vs 4G vs LTE

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Difference between connectors (lighting vs micro usb vs mini usb vs usb 1 vs usb 2 vs usb vs usb 3.1 (type c) etc)

Relevant to the newest WAN show were IRC was mentioned what about a fast as possible that explains IRC. Also a possible video for tech quickie or linustech that goes over how to use IRC and some recommended IRC programs.

A "quickie" on how to flash/update biis should the need arises.