Thread For Tech Quickie Video Suggestions

Specifications of a a GPU.

-Shader clocks

-Memory clock

-etc

I don't know anything about GPU, but you get the point.

Might have been suggested before but the different cache levels present in the CPU (how they work, purpose, etc) :)

CPU: Intel i7-4770k MOBO: Asus Maximus VI Formula RAM: G.Skill RipJawsX 2x8GB 1600Mhz GPU: Asus GTX 780 DCuII CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Primo STORAGE: ADATA SX900 256GB / WD Caviar Blue 1TB PSU: Corsair AX760 760W MONITOR: Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM KEYBOARD: Ducky Shine 3 MOUSE: Logitech G602 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/106614-project-insert-name-enthoo-primo-rigid-acrylic-red/

Explaining Windows Server,ReFS,Active Directory,SQL server,Hyper-V and things like that

Many may like: difrance between various pannels. I am sure someone suggested it before.

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

Basic hardware diagnosis and basic software diagnosis.

"The doctors X-rayed my head and found nothing."  - Dizzy Dean

i7-4770K, ASUS Z87 Gryphon, EVGA GTX 780 Ti, 16 GB Kingston Fury RAM, Crucial M500 240 GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Seasonic 760W PSU, Asus BD, Phanteks Evlolv mATX (Gunmetal).

Power supply ratings

Cold Cathodes

Hard Drive Partitions

CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.0Ghz GPU: EVGA 660 SC - Awaiting Gigabyte 770 HOF MOBO: Asus p8z77-V Pro PSU: Corsair CX600 - Awaiting Corsair RM850 Storage: 750GB Seagate SSHD + 500GB HDD - Awaiting 250GB Samsung 840 EVO RAM:  16GB ( 4x4GB ) Crucial BallistiX Sports - Awaiting Crucial BallistiX Tracer 16GB Kit Case: NZXT Phantom - Awaiting Undecided Upgrade CPU Cooler: NZXT Havik 140

A TechQuickie Fast As Posible on DPI, pros and cons of high and low DPI's (also what is considered high and low) and best and worst surfaces for low and high DPI's, such as smooth, rugged, etc.

Power supply ratings

Cold Cathodes

Hard Drive Partitions

There is already a video on power supply ratings: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOXTZizoknc

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

most popular audio formats and what are the differences between them

Lenovo Y500- screen overclocked 1440p @85Hz, i7 3630QM, 8GB RAM, 2x nvidia 650m, 1TB HDD, windows 8 64 bit

• IEEE 802.11 versions

FTP/HTTP/HTTPS/AFP/SAMBA ?

Cables in the PC

LAN vs WAN

Graphics cards specification

I.e. what specs matter:

Shader clock

Memory clock

GPU clock

Bus size

etc.

+1 on that.

How about explaining the difference between workstation/server and gaming rigs/usage scenarios. Im sick of those "ultimate gaming rigs" on pcpart builder and they have xeons and Nvidia Quadros.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

80+ and what difference it makes between having a platnuim/gold/silver/bronze

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

There is already a video about that...

oh...

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

Graphics cards specification

I.e. what specs matter:

Shader clock

Memory clock

GPU clock

Bus size

etc.

+1

Different Microsoft operating systems and advantages of each I.e. 7 vs 8 vs 8.1(maybe 8 joint with 8.1) and possibly XP and vista(shudder)

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

A kind of series would be great. I read since a long time in many tech forum(s), my impression is not a lot of ppl do know all of the following possibilities indepth and I got so many answers who tell partly the oppsite some other advisor told:

Explaining the differences, give pro and contra, speeds + probaly an additional clip to compare the speed... of all of them,...

(all non-boot)

RAID SSDs with let's say 2/3/4 x 250/256GB (equipment/BIOS needed..., when/in what cases useful in RL, when not, when even worse as the solo SSD, speeds)

SSD caching / hybrid with one SSD working for one HDD comparing to SSD caching II = 2/3 SSDs to one HDD (inkl. or especially via Marvel 9230 - as it starts to get more commonly build in mobo's and certain boards do a lot of adv. for that)

PCIe based caching (2, 4, 8, ... lanes to HDDs/SSDs, SATA and SAS)

What kind of SSD (MLC, incl mini-cache like the Samsung Evo,...) is best in speed and in endurance when used as scratch disk (e.g. editing,..)

the already mentioned RAM disc, especially page file, scratch, browser cache... how to get it big numbers GB and so on, speeds

what I often see confusion arise over (aka I explained it way too often in RL)

why size numbers not always say the real size (including 4.7GB DVDs have not 4.7Gb or SSDs or HDDs...)

Everyone check the techquickie channel before posting there ain't that many videos so just go check.