Thread For Tech Quickie Video Suggestions

in the recent tech quickie you mentions about the pros and cons of ready made pc vs DIY pc

how about going in detail which ready made PC brands are good for value that don't stink when it comes to performance

and then another video on what determines a good DIY build, beginning with purpose of the PC, budget and links to some example builds based on budget and performance

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Go through the Different PC Hardware Manuacturers in the Industry the Leaders and maybe the ones that fall behind as well as some personal recommendations, slick/keys can throw in some shots of the Manufacturer names and logos and what not.

i watch your quick videos and i think that this would fill the platform very well linus.

Im very creative throw another question up if you need an idea.

Stuff n Things

CUDA cores

Fan technologies

Ram specs (other than frequency) 

Display port options and how (if) they effect quality of the image

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

An episode on soundcards (are they worth it now that onboard sound is quite good?), headphones and speakers (stereo vs 2.1 vs 5.1).

mudgee - Jedi System Builder

3) Mini PCs (HTPC, mini ITX PC)

Can you please do a Fast as Possible about HTPC's?

• What can they do/what they are commonly use for. A specific question for me is can an HTPC also be set up as a NAS? Benefits or disadvantages?
  • Commonly used software (OS, media players, TV recording?)

This is one of the best series on Youtube because I can show one video to my non-tech savy family and friends and then they at least will know the basics. Keep up the good work!  :lol:

The different kinds of (and differences in) "major" Malware that average/everyday users can possibly be subjected to:

Virus

Worm

Trojan

Adware

RootKits

Spyware

Keylogger

Phishing...

People (average joe/jane) really do worry about such things -- and most don't even know the basics.  <== And that's what you want to cover here, the basics.  A four to five minute course or... refresher, if you will.

Get a interwebs security sponsor you can pitch at the end -- one you trust and one you (Linus) would use as average joe/jane. 

CPU:  Intel Core i7 7700K OCed to 5GHz.
Motherboard:  Asus ROG STRIX RGB GAMING Z270E.
RAM:  G.Skill TridentZ RGB Series 32GB DDR4 3200MHz.
GPU:  EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Dual Classified w/ EVGA ACX Cooler (Highly Overclocked on LN2 BIOS).
Case:  Corsair Graphite Series 780T Full Tower -- Black.
Storage:  2x Samsung 960 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSDs (RAID 0), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD, Corsair Voyager GTX 256GB USB 3.0 Rear Flash Drive, Samsung MUF-128DA2/WW USB Type-C 3.1 128GB Rear Flash Drive, (In-Home Router Backup) -- WD 4TB Black My Passport Portable External USB 3.0 HDD.

PSU:  Corsair AX860 Platinum Edition; Fully Modular.
Cooling:   Corsair Hydro Series H115i Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler w/ 4x Noctua SSO2 Bearing NF-A14 iPPC-2000 PWM Fans in Push/Pull Exhaust Configuration; 5x Corsair ML120 Pro LED Blue 120mm Premium Magnetic Levitation Cooling Case Intake Fans; and 1x Corsair ML140 Pro LED Blue 140mm Premium Magnetic Levitation Rear Exhaust Fan.

Interior Lighting:  2x Corsair Lighting Node Pros -- (Bright White Interior Illumination).
Keyboard:  Tt eSPORTS MEKA G1 Illuminated Gaming Keyboard w/ Cherry MX Black Keys.

Mouse:  Razer DeathAdder Chroma - Multi-Color Ergonomic RGB Gaming Mouse (2015 Model).

Sound:  Integrated Sound -- Razer Kraken Pro Headphones w/ Mic -- BOSE Companion 2 Series III Multimedia Speaker System.

Monitors:  3x (HP 2511x) 25-Inch LED Monitor--Black.

Wireless Router:  NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Gigabit Router (R7000).
Modem:  NETGEAR CM600 24X8 Cable Modem DOCSIS 3.0 Max Download Speeds of 960Mbps -- (ISP-Spectrum).

• 2 weeks later...

Battery Memory as fast as possible

Isopropyl alcohol is all you need for cleaning CPU's and motherboard components.  No, you don't need [insert cleaning solution here].  -Source: PhD Student, Chemistry

Why overclockers should understand Load-Line Calibration.

ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition || i7 3930k @ 4.5 GHz || 32 GB Corsair Vengeance CL8 || ASUS GTX 780 DCuII || ASUS Xonar Essence STX || XFX PRO 1000W

• Storage configurations

Linux basics

Home server basics

CPU OC'ing

How big your power supply really needs to be

CPU- 4690k @4.5ghz / 1.3v    Mobo- Asus Maximus VI Gene   RAM- 12GB GSkill Assorted 1600mhz   GPU- ASUS GTX 760 DCUII-OC 

Storage- 1TB 7200rpm WD Blue + Kingston SSDNow 240GB   PSU- Silverstone Strider ST75F-P

How to keep your computer running quick, like defragging etc. (To mainly give me a recourse to be able to give to people when they ask me: "Why is my computer sooo slow ?, Conor (My name), fix it."

How a mouse/keyboard works.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

What SWAP is and why it is used.

My Current Build: 

Intel i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz 1.11V, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, Asrock Z77 Extreme4, Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Asus GTX 760 DCII Overclocked, Corsair CX600M

Coil Whine

-what causes it

-how to deal with it

-how to avoid it

PC Specs: MSI X99S SLI Krait Edition -- Corsair Carbide Air 540

2x Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 -- Corsair H100i Watercooler -- EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 PSU

i7 5820k @ 4.5Ghz -- 16GB Mushkin DDR4 2800Mhz -- 128GB Mushkin SSD + 120GB Kingston HyperX -- 3TB Seagate Barracuda

Coil Whine

-what causes it

-how to deal with it

-how to avoid it

He sort of covered it here: 

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Overclocking, CPU voltages and what is Load line calibration and how to set it.

• Different PCB colours/uses

• Screwdriver needed, different threads, general safety and precautions
  • Laser mouse DPI, how much is sufficient for what use
  • High density platters vs "high density"[i heard of this from some manufacturer so please excuse me if that is the wrong terminology] SSD's
  • Power Supplies, most appropriate for video editing rig, gaming rig, server[lot of hardrives] or Baseline PC[with the lowest end possible hardware]A video clamed that with such end hardware it only needed 400-500W of power ,please clear this up. Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiWThqgFfI4

Direct X 12 is due to début tomorrow at GDC ...

What is it?

What new stuff will it bring?

Will I need a new graphics card to use it or can I use it (effectively/just as effectively) with an existing card?

Should I save my money for a "Direct X 12" card (if such a thing exists or will exist)?

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

Techquickie on - AMD's HSA

Please and thank you!

CPU: Intel i7-3770k (@4.4Ghz) Mobo: Asus Maximus V Gene Z77 RAM: 16GB DDR3 Corsair Vengence SSD:120GB Samsung EVO & 128GB Crucial M4 (Fast Storage) Storage: Hitach 3TB HDD GPU: Powercolor R9 290 PCS+ CPU Block: EK Supremacy Gold Clean CSQ Radiatiors: Alphacool NexXxoS Full Copper XT45 120mm, ST30 280mm & XT45 280mm w/ 140mm Phanteks PWM PSU: Corsair HX-650w Gold Soundcard: Asus Xense Case: Corsair Carbide A540 (Black & Gold) Front Panel: NZXT Hue & BitFenix Hydra Pro Speakers: Swan M200MKIII HeadsetSennheiser PC350 (Xense Edition)

What are APIs (DirectX, Mantle etc.) ...??....we people know about that stuff but there are lot others who dont have any clue about the gpu technologies that the gpu they are shopping has...

The basics of CPU architecture. 64bit vs 32bit, cache, etc.

All the different types of antialiasing and similar graphical options. ( I know there already is a vid for AA, but one comparing the types is what I'm interested in.)

CPU- 4690k @4.5ghz / 1.3v    Mobo- Asus Maximus VI Gene   RAM- 12GB GSkill Assorted 1600mhz   GPU- ASUS GTX 760 DCUII-OC 

Storage- 1TB 7200rpm WD Blue + Kingston SSDNow 240GB   PSU- Silverstone Strider ST75F-P

I have wanted him to make a video for What is a Game Engine. That would be interesting for him.

I should be studying.