Linus Tech Tips Notifier for Firefox (EOL)

To install newer versions, do I first have to remove the old one and then install the new one?

It'll write over it and say it updated.

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

Found nice feature that is kinda "unintended". Forum was down for few moments and I was getting the "not connected" error. I though it was thing just bugging but it actually was right. Forums were down.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Found nice feature that is kinda "unintended". Forum was down for few moments and I was getting the "not connected" error. I though it was thing just bugging but it actually was right. Forums were down.

:D Although for me it said that I'm not signed in. That will be fixed in the next update though, now that I have seen what a cloudflare error should look like.

For the next update, I am working on redeveloping the UI, so it might be a bit longer before it's released, and I will probably ask for feedback on it before I release. If that is successful, it is likely that I will publish to to the Firefox addon gallery, which will enable automatic updates.

If anyone has any suggestions for features to include in the redone UI, please post here so I can try and add them in. Current ideas are:

• Display the number of messages and notifications in the popup
  • Latest YouTube video (yes, I hope to add youtube updates in the next update too :))
  • Twitch streaming
  • Show who's logged in
  • ??? <- You tell me

I also hope to store settings into the actual place where they're actually meant to be stored, which means if I break something or there's an upcoming feature that's not yet polished, you should be able to edit settings in about:config

HTTP/2 203

Well, if you can scrip in way to message all mods thats one thing.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

As useful as that might be, I don't think they would be too happy about it, and Slick has already made a feature removal request (custom badges).

HTTP/2 203

The extensions are not allowed to change look, feel or function of the forum itself — Good to keep in mind for people requesting features from the plugin.  :)

Cheers,

Linus

Can you also make it so that when you click on the icon you can click on the notifications and it will take you to LTT instead of being really quick and clicking on the popup.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

Can you also make it so that when you click on the icon you can click on the notifications and it will take you to LTT instead of being really quick and clicking on the popup.

Yeah, the number of notifications will directly link to your notifications (inside the UI). I am also thinking about (but it may not happen and will be a lot of work/time) creating my own notifications api so they can last a bit longer before disappearing again (currently it's out of my control).

HTTP/2 203

Been using it a few days now, works good so far.. I just get a notification sometimes that either luke or linus is streaming while they are not.. I know its beta just trying to help..

Yep, that one is a known issues at the moment that will hopefully be fixed in the next update, but thanks for reporting bugs.

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Been using it a few days now, works good so far.. I just get a notification sometimes that either luke or linus is streaming while they are not.. I know its beta just trying to help..

Are you using the latest version? That issue should have been fixed in the last update. It doesn't automatically update though, so you need to download and install it again. If the problem persists, post back and I'll look into it. Thanks for the report though, that's the only way issues will get fixed.

HTTP/2 203

Are you using the latest version? That issue should have been fixed in the last update. It doesn't automatically update though, so you need to download and install it again. If the problem persists, post back and I'll look into it. Thanks for the report though, that's the only way issues will get fixed.

K, I'll try it and post if I see any more weird things that shouldn't happen

Yarrrr, ye be warned lily-livered scallywags

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLMJpHihykI#t=93

Hey guys, with the new UI for the addon, would you rather it was a dark theme (related to the ltt night theme here) or a light theme (like the ltt day theme here)? I'll probably have it as an option, but I would like to know what I should make default and where I should focus my limited resources.

HTTP/2 203

Hey guys, with the new UI for the addon, would you rather it was a dark theme (related to the ltt night theme here) or a light theme (like the ltt day theme here)? I'll probably have it as an option, but I would like to know what I should make default and where I should focus my limited resources.

I would like to have a dark theme.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

I personally like the dark theme better, but I feel like the day theme would better suit more pages. So my vote goes to the day theme.

Day theme style would fit better with my Firefox theme.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

OK, I dont know what I am doing wrong. I installed this to Firefox, and to Aurora (just for giggles) The notification icon is nowhere to be found. I must be doing something wrong.

EDIT: The notifier on Chrome works great - been using it for the last week or so...

AMD RYZEN 7 5800X3D \ Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite \  32GB 3600 G.SKILL Neo \  Gigabyte RTX 4080 Gaming OC \  Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo \  NVMe 2TB Samsung 990 Pro, SATA 4TB Samsung 970 Evo  \  WINDOWS 11 PRO 

It never troubles the wolf how many the sheep may be. ~Publius Vergilius Maro circa 50BC

OK, I dont know what I am doing wrong. I installed this to Firefox, and to Aurora (just for giggles) The notification icon is nowhere to be found. I must be doing something wrong.

EDIT: The notifier on Chrome works great - been using it for the last week or so...

Right click on empty space on the address bar (or press alt->view->toolbars) then show the addon bar.

HTTP/2 203

Add-on bar is checkmarked, and it is sitting at the bottom of Aurora right now (it was already checkmarked - but I decided to remove and add the Add-on bar back.) However it is still just as blank as it was before. There is a small 'x' on the far left. But nothing else on the bar at all.

AMD RYZEN 7 5800X3D \ Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite \  32GB 3600 G.SKILL Neo \  Gigabyte RTX 4080 Gaming OC \  Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo \  NVMe 2TB Samsung 990 Pro, SATA 4TB Samsung 970 Evo  \  WINDOWS 11 PRO 

It never troubles the wolf how many the sheep may be. ~Publius Vergilius Maro circa 50BC

idontknowwhatihavedonewrong.jpg

Add-on bar is checkmarked, and it is sitting at the bottom of Aurora right now (it was already checkmarked - but I decided to remove and add the Add-on bar back.) However it is still just as blank as it was before. There is a small 'x' on the far left. But nothing else on the bar at all.

I had this same issue, could never get it to run. Re-installed Firefox to see if it was just being broken, but still couldn't get the plugin to start. Had to give up thinking it was a user error after a couple of hours (I've not used Firefox for the past 6-7 years, so I thought it was just me not knowing how to use this thing  :D )

Cheers,

Linus

I had this same issue, could never get it to run. Re-installed Firefox to see if it was just being broken, but still couldn't get the plugin to start. Had to give up thinking it was a user error after a couple of hours (I've not used Firefox for the past 6-7 years, so I thought it was just me not knowing how to use this thing  :D )

That's weird (and obviously not supposed to happen). It's definitely installed (Ctrl+Shift+A), right? (You have to download the file then drag and drop it into ff). Also, what version are you using (on Aurora, at time of posting the latest version is 28.0a2, but 29 is coming very soon) (To check, click Firefox/aurora then point to help->about).

If it is installed and you are running the latest version (not that it should affect anything), can you send me the file that can be found at AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<random string>.default\extensions called jid1-23jjnBCWPFQ3ag@jetpack.xpi

HTTP/2 203

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o183hf2qfmf9scl/jid1-23jjnBCWPFQ3ag%40jetpack.xpi

I posted a screenshot of the install.

I even went so far as to uninstall - remove everything under appdata from the administrator account, and reinstall after a reboot. No change - it still doesnt show up.

Version of Aurora is 28.0a2 (2014-02-03)

Edit - made a new account and it doesnt work in the new account either...