Linus Tech Tips Notifier for Firefox (EOL)

Great job man, I've been really impressed with the progress whilst beta testing the add-on and am glad to see it finished. It really does make dealing with the forum 150% better.

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

Great job man, I've been really impressed with the progress whilst beta testing the add-on and am glad to see it finished. It really does make dealing with the forum 150% better.

Well after my exams are over (June), hopefully we can get that to 200% :D. Basically, I intend to add some plugin support to inject scripts and styles into the forum to make it even more awesome!

HTTP/2 203

To OP, 

When clicking the icon for this add-on it would help my OCD if the number went away its kind of a hassle having to go to LTT and look at them threw there just so the number goes away

FINALLY. And it's even no restart. How nice of you. :)

EDIT: And I can't wait for it to look as nice as what it does on Chrome... ;)

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

To OP, 

When clicking the icon for this add-on it would help my OCD if the number went away its kind of a hassle having to go to LTT and look at them threw there just so the number goes away

You mean have it so when you view your notifications within the addon, it will automatically mark them read? I can do that, but it would mean that if you have more than the 10 notifications that can be displayed and you click it, now you don't know which ones are unread, and it would also clear the unread markers (orange lines) within the addon too early. There is a "mark read" button which does that, but if you like I could add auto-mark read in the next version. Note though that the next version is likely to be in June because I am now getting really busy with exams. I will still do emergency fixes, but probably not any new content.

FINALLY. And it's even no restart. How nice of you. :)

EDIT: And I can't wait for it to look as nice as what it does on Chrome... ;)

It's been available to download for a while :D. But what would you suggest I do to make it "look as nice as what it does on chrome"? I welcome feedback, especially on the UI (I'm no UI designer), but I don't know what sort of thing you want. I went for a slightly different aesthetic in this to what @linusforsell did in the chrome version, partly due to limitations in Firefox and partly because I went for a slightly different sort of look (more functional than fancy). If you have any suggestions for how I should improve it for the next version, I will gladly hear them.

HTTP/2 203

You mean have it so when you view your notifications within the addon, it will automatically mark them read? I can do that, but it would mean that if you have more than the 10 notifications that can be displayed and you click it, now you don't know which ones are unread, and it would also clear the unread markers (orange lines) within the addon too early. There is a "mark read" button which does that, but if you like I could add auto-mark read in the next version. Note though that the next version is likely to be in June because I am now getting really busy with exams. I will still do emergency fixes, but probably not any new content.

It's been available to download for a while :D. But what would you suggest I do to make it "look as nice as what it does on chrome"? I welcome feedback, especially on the UI (I'm no UI designer), but I don't know what sort of thing you want. I went for a slightly different aesthetic in this to what @linusforsell did in the chrome version, partly due to limitations in Firefox and partly because I went for a slightly different sort of look (more functional than fancy). If you have any suggestions for how I should improve it for the next version, I will gladly hear them.

Personally, I like the look of the Chrome one better (more appealing to my eyes, honestly). Maybe you two could get together through PM or something and brainstorm?

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Personally, I like the look of the Chrome one better (more appealing to my eyes, honestly). Maybe you two could get together through PM or something and brainstorm?

I'll see what I can do after my exams, but the smooth transitions that are in the chrome version don't translate well into Firefox as far as I can tell.

HTTP/2 203

@tmcclelland455 what do you think about this really early mockup:

E6tSmtk.png

It's just an idea, and needs quite a lot of work, but I think it looks much cleaner than the current version. What do you (everyone) think?

HTTP/2 203

Few changes needed regarding Twitch thing. If update option is ON, I get notif every 1 min when addon updates feed. If stream is online and I set updating feature OFF, it stays saying that stream is online when its not anymore. This disappears only after I reactivate Twitch updates option. So if it would be possible to remove continuous updating from Twitch part and have it check when I launch browser or when stream goes online and give notif then. And next time it would do something is when stream stops.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Few changes needed regarding Twitch thing. If update option is ON, I get notif every 1 min when addon updates feed. If stream is online and I set updating feature OFF, it stays saying that stream is online when its not anymore. This disappears only after I reactivate Twitch updates option. So if it would be possible to remove continuous updating from Twitch part and have it check when I launch browser or when stream goes online and give notif then. And next time it would do something is when stream stops.

+1

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

OK, I will have to look into that. The problem is that I am never awake when Linus is streaming so I can't test it as well as the others, so issues like this are more likely than in other things.

Currently what happens is that the twitch code is run once per minute, and when it does the first thing it checks is whether it's enabled or not. If it's not, it just returns, which would explain why they aren't clearing from the addon. I will make sure that it clears it in future. As for the continuous notifications, that's weird and I will have to investigate that. I did try to test it using debug tools, but apparently that wasn't as successful as I hoped :\.

HTTP/2 203

A major User Interface issue has been discovered in the latest Firefox Nightly build, FF32.0a1 (the font is much smaller, and the flow of the document is messed up). I am currently investigating the issue, although it might be a bug on their end.

EDIT: This will be fixed in the next version, rolling out soon (today?)

Edited by colonel_mortis

HTTP/2 203

Released version 1.0.1 (still pending review). I presume you will have to manually update by going to https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ltt-notifier/ again, at least until it passes review.
Change Log:

• Fixed issues with Twitch:
    • Notifications would be pushed every two minutes - now they are only pushed when they start or stop streaming
    • Turning Twitch off while they are still streaming will now change the icon back to the normal icon
  • Fixed an issue on Firefox 32.0a1 where the font in the UI was incorrectly sized, which created loads of issues

Let me know if there are any further issues.

HTTP/2 203

@colonel_mortis, Twitch servers are down atm and I can admire the big red alert of it :)

Be glad that you're not getting constantly notified of it like it did in the beta. :D The twitch servers go down quite a lot it seems (the latest update fixed a potential cause of the addon thinking that twitch is down.

I guess I might make the errors that are shown an option at some point in the future.

HTTP/2 203

Holy shit this is greate! Thanks to you I don't have to wait more then needed for any of Linus work.

I'm still running on my core i7-920

@Motherboard: GA-EX58-UD3R @GPU: GTX 560 @Memory: 16GB1600C9 @Storage: X25-M 80GB & 330 120GB * Caviar Green 2TB @Screen: Acer H223HQ

@Case: Antec P180B -EU * Jou Jye 480AUBA * 2x NF-S12A FLX @Peripherals: CM Storm QuickFire TK Blue - Rearranged Svorak * MX518 @Sound: Beresford TC-7520 DAC * ATH-M40 fs

The addon has failed the review due to a couple of very minor issues. The addon will be unavailable to download for the next few hours while I resolve them (they are very minor issues), but version 1.0.2 should come up later today, with the only user-facing change being a minor YouTube code modification which will ensure that the videos always show in the correct order.

HTTP/2 203

Released version 1.0.2 (pending review). Download from https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ltt-notifier/ and I don't think it will autoupdate.

Change notes:

• Fixed minor, non-user-visible issues that caused the addon to be rejected by mozilla
  • Fixed an issue where YouTube videos would not always show in the correct order
  • Added another check to ensure that LTT is up due to yet another undetected error page

Please note that there may be some minor issues in this release because I had to push it out as quickly as possible (mozilla disabled the previous version).

HTTP/2 203

The addon has failed the review due to a couple of very minor issues. The addon will be unavailable to download for the next few hours while I resolve them (they are very minor issues), but version 1.0.2 should come up later today, with the only user-facing change being a minor YouTube code modification which will ensure that the videos always show in the correct order.

sorry the hear that

hopefully you have no problems in your future builds :)

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

sorry the hear that

hopefully you have no problems in your future builds :)

The problems were actually just that I had left some debugging code in (oops) and that the file for the injection into the forum, which isn't actually used, isn't valid. Nothing major, but it does mean that when LTT injection comes back I am going to have to rethink it.

Hopefully that means that there won't be issues in future, but that's unlikely :(

HTTP/2 203

The problems were actually just that I had left some debugging code in (oops) and that the file for the injection into the forum, which isn't actually used, isn't valid. Nothing major, but it does mean that when LTT injection comes back I am going to have to rethink it.

Hopefully that means that there won't be issues in future, but that's unlikely :(

well goodluck

Will they let you submit your extension agian?  (For a the review)

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

well goodluck

Will they let you submit your extension agian?  (For a the review)

Already done :D

HTTP/2 203

Already done :D

thats good to hear :D 

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

Ahh I wondered why it said it was down makes sense now.. Installing it also gave me the new look of firefox though..................... NO!!!! I can't tell if I'm happy or very sad.

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

Ahh I wondered why it said it was down makes sense now.. Installing it also gave me the new look of firefox though..................... NO!!!! I can't tell if I'm happy or very sad.

I have actually got used to the new FF design (Australis) and having used it now for 3 months I must say that I now prefer it. It is smoother and neater - more of a modern UI I guess. I did dislike it initially though, so you are in the same position as most people are and I was.

HTTP/2 203