Linus Tech Tips Notifier for Firefox (EOL)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o183hf2qfmf9scl/jid1-23jjnBCWPFQ3ag%40jetpack.xpi

I posted a screenshot of the install.

I even went so far as to uninstall - remove everything under appdata from the administrator account, and reinstall after a reboot. No change - it still doesnt show up.

Version of Aurora is 28.0a2 (2014-02-03)

Edit - made a new account and it doesnt work in the new account either...

Weird... The extension file is identical to mine (hash), yet obviously it's not working. I'll look into it. If possible, would you be able to install the release/beta/nightly build and try it out. I would expect it not to change anything, but that's the only possible solution I can think of.

EDIT: Also, I assume you're not getting desktop notifications or sounds either.

Is anyone else having a similar issue (apart from LinusForsell)?

HTTP/2 203

imustbeanidiot.jpg

What in the world am I doing wrong?!

AMD RYZEN 7 5800X3D \ Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite \  32GB 3600 G.SKILL Neo \  Gigabyte RTX 4080 Gaming OC \  Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo \  NVMe 2TB Samsung 990 Pro, SATA 4TB Samsung 970 Evo  \  WINDOWS 11 PRO 

It never troubles the wolf how many the sheep may be. ~Publius Vergilius Maro circa 50BC

Do I need to wipe my SSD and start with a fresh install? I am at a serious loss for words. I consider myself to be fairly tech savvy (I had better be - it is what I do for a living :( )

AMD RYZEN 7 5800X3D \ Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite \  32GB 3600 G.SKILL Neo \  Gigabyte RTX 4080 Gaming OC \  Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo \  NVMe 2TB Samsung 990 Pro, SATA 4TB Samsung 970 Evo  \  WINDOWS 11 PRO 

It never troubles the wolf how many the sheep may be. ~Publius Vergilius Maro circa 50BC

What in the world am I doing wrong?!

It probably isn't your fault, but I don't know what it is (I would blame a badly compiled version, but it works for me and AFAIK others as well). I'll look into it.

HTTP/2 203

Do I need to wipe my SSD and start with a fresh install? I am at a serious loss for words. I consider myself to be fairly tech savvy (I had better be - it is what I do for a living :( )

No that's quite a long way to go to get an addon. Please don't

HTTP/2 203

I have managed to reproduce the issue using a clean (ish) profile, and will try to figure out what the difference is soon. I'll let you know as soon as I find out.

HTTP/2 203

That is absolutely brilliant! You really are working way too hard on this for my account.

That is absolutely brilliant! You really are working way too hard on this for my account.

I think I have figured it out. It was a change that I made in I think it's v0.2.0 that changed how I handle settings slightly, and apparently if you don't have any settings initialised, it causes an exception and crashes. I will probably push out v0.2.2 soon to fix the issue

And it's not just on your account, it's to try and help it work for everyone :D Thanks for reporting the issue, I would never have noticed it if you hadn't.

HTTP/2 203

Yay! My being useless has been useful! Does that mean I failed ... or I failed to fail?

Yay! My being useless has been useful! Does that mean I failed ... or I failed to fail?

It's really not you being useless, it's my failed QA (Quality Assurance) - I broke it. Although I guess this would never have happened if you had downloaded it when it was in v0.1 rather than waiting :P. And the answer to your question is that you failed to fail.

HTTP/2 203

Version 0.2.2beta has been released http://goo.gl/csHjb5

This is a bug fix, which solely removes the issue new users were facing. If you continue to have issues, please tell me and I'll look into it, but this *should* fix the main cause.

HTTP/2 203

Version 0.2.2beta has been released https://www.dropbox.com/s/nzff0odhfkrdzbj/ltt-notifier-public.xpi

This is a bug fix, which solely removes the issue new users were facing. If you continue to have issues, please tell me and I'll look into it, but this *should* fix the main cause.

FIXED !!!!!  Thank you!

@Slick 's stream is running and icon hasn't changed color. I'm not entirely sure but I feel that it didn't even give notification of it. Another Twitch API problem?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

@Slick 's stream is running and icon hasn't changed color. I'm not entirely sure but I feel that it didn't even give notification of it. Another Twitch API problem?

I'm not entirely sure because I was asleep during the streams :unsure:  but I'll take a look into it. Did you get notified about the WAN show?

HTTP/2 203

I'm not entirely sure because I was asleep during the streams :unsure:  but I'll take a look into it. Did you get notified about the WAN show?

That I don't know. I was sleep while it was running. I checked Slicks stream and forums around 9am my time. I can't remember if it gave notification about stream as pop-up or not.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

That I don't know. I was sleep while it was running. I checked Slicks stream and forums around 9am my time. I can't remember if it gave notification about stream as pop-up or not.

K that's fine. I will do some tests using channels that are streaming and see what happens. However, any changes are likely only to be released in the next major update, v1.0.0a1 (unless I change my mind, I will run it as closed alpha, then open beta, then publish it to the firefox gallery), along with the new UI, which includes information on whether any of the APIs have failed. I'm kinda working on the new UI at the moment.

HTTP/2 203

I have identified the issue and will fix it in the next release. AFAIK, it was a change to the format of the response, which meant that the bit I was using to check was slightly moved.

HTTP/2 203

Just a quick update that as of Firefox 29 (which is currently in Aurora/alpha), the addon bar where the extension is placed by default has been removed, and the addon is moved to the URL bar. It seems to work fine there, but I might be able to slightly increase the height. I'll check at some point.

In the next version, v1.0.0, the new UI will be added, which is why it is taking a bit longer. I will start posting some teasers soon(ish) hopefully, but I just thought I'd give you guys a heads up on what I'm working on. It will also add YouTube notifications, and fix Twitch. A whole load more options should be added as well. If anyone has anything they feel should be in the new UI, feel free to tell me because the more features it has the better! Currently, it will count and allow you to view the most recent notifications and PMs (probably, as long as I can scrape the data from the servers correctly), and hopefully also remove duplicate ones (ie. getting 10 notifications for a single thread etc.). I will also show the most recent YouTube videos and whether they're streaming on twitch. If there are errors, to help with figuring out what's wrong, they will also display.

Soon™

HTTP/2 203

Designing the UI atm and I need an icon for the notifications (as in what you get for being liked/quoted etc., but not messages). I've tried the icon at the top of the page, but IMO it doesn't look so great like that. I don't need you to design it, but I would really apreciate some ideas. Here's where it needs to fit in:

H1VhxiN.png

HTTP/2 203

Sneak preview of the next version's UI design:

WlRN16i.png

I still have quite a bit of work to do, especially with the back-end code, but I just though I'd give you guys a little teaser. Everything is subject to change, and a few things are likely to, but you get an idea for the direction that I'm going with this. I will post a couple more teasers when I've done a bit more work on it (the settings have undergone a massive redesign).

If there's anything you feel I should change, I welcome your feedback - I'm no designer, and I'm no good at creative stuff, so the more improvements you can suggest the better :D

HTTP/2 203

I've been waiting for this!!! I want to be a tester.

Current System: CPU - I5-6500 | Motherboard - ASRock H170M-ITX/ac | RAM - Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 @ 2400mHz | GPU - EVGA 1060 3GB | Case - Fractal Design Nano S | Storage - 250GB 850 EVO, 3TB Barracuda | PSU - EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze | Display - AOC 22" 1080p IPS | Cooling - Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK | Keyboard - Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid(MX Blues) | Mouse - Logitech G602 | Sound - Schiit Stack | Operating System - Windows 10

The OG System: I3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz, 750GB 5400 RPM HDD, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, Lenovo Z580 Laptop (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

Peripherals: G602, AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Audio-Technica 2500, Oneplus 5T, Odroid C2(NAS).

I've been waiting for this!!! I want to be a tester.

I'll be looking for alpha testers for the next version when it's functional (no idea when though), but if you haven't got it already, you can get the current beta version from the 1st page.

HTTP/2 203

I'll be looking for alpha testers for the next version when it's functional (no idea when though), but if you haven't got it already, you can get the current beta version from the 1st page.

I just got it installed. :D

Current System: CPU - I5-6500 | Motherboard - ASRock H170M-ITX/ac | RAM - Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 @ 2400mHz | GPU - EVGA 1060 3GB | Case - Fractal Design Nano S | Storage - 250GB 850 EVO, 3TB Barracuda | PSU - EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze | Display - AOC 22" 1080p IPS | Cooling - Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK | Keyboard - Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid(MX Blues) | Mouse - Logitech G602 | Sound - Schiit Stack | Operating System - Windows 10

The OG System: I3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz, 750GB 5400 RPM HDD, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, Lenovo Z580 Laptop (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

Peripherals: G602, AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Audio-Technica 2500, Oneplus 5T, Odroid C2(NAS).

• 2 weeks later...

I think I have same or similiar bug that I had with laptop before. My pc was idle, Firefox & some other stuff open about 4h, both screens turned off and in powersavings mode. Now it shows that LTT is offline while I'm writing this. I'm pretty sure it will fix itself if I restart browser. Its really rare for me to have browser running this long in background anyway.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I think I have same or similiar bug that I had with laptop before. My pc was idle, Firefox & some other stuff open about 4h, both screens turned off and in powersavings mode. Now it shows that LTT is offline while I'm writing this. I'm pretty sure it will fix itself if I restart browser. Its really rare for me to have browser running this long in background anyway.

How long has it been since you resumed from sleep? It checks every minute, but I presume it's been longer than that. But in the next version I intend to add some debugging data to help resolve this (and any other potential) issue.

HTTP/2 203