Linus Tech Tips Notifier for Firefox (EOL)

Download then drag'n'drop or ctrl+o. The next version should be published to AMO (the ff equivalent of the chrome webstore) so that will make it easier.

Where do i drag n' drop?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Where do i drag n' drop?

Just download the file and drag and drop it into the browser. A popup wil... pop... up and will ask you to install it.

Easy as pie :)

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

Where do i drag n' drop?

Just download the file and drag and drop it into the browser. A popup wil... pop... up and will ask you to install it.

Easy as pie :)

Or to add-on menu (Tools->Extensions). Either way works.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

-snip-

Easy :D

What file? As in those photos, I don't have a firefox-dev file in my hard drive.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

What file? As in those photos, I don't have a firefox-dev file in my hard drive.

BETA: Click here to download the beta version of the addon. Please note that it is not yet finished, and many features still require some more polish. I will be redesigning the user interface soon (it is currently a direct port from the chrome version, which is fine, but I have some ideas of my own. If you have some, please post them in this thread, and if it seems possible and sensible, I will try to implement it.

To install, download and save it somewhere, then drag the .xpi file into firefox and it should ask you whether you want to install it.

In Firefox 28 and below (currently beta), it will be added to the addon bar at the bottom of the page, so make sure it's enabled. You can them move it by right clicking on address or addon bar and going to customize. In firefox 29 and above (currently in alpha), it is added to the address bar, and there is no addon bar available.

The latest version is 0.2.2b

From the OP. So @colonel_mortis ofc has the dev version. We use the ltt-notifier-public.xpi which you download from that link and then drag to browser from explorer. Or you can open file from firefox downloads and select firefox to be program to open that file with.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2OJ8Uld.png

GPqMR7A.png by @linusforsell

QjLfd4S.png

Note that this **WILL NOT** become "official" because as Linus/Slick mentioned in the 17th Jan 2014 WAN show, they aren't developing it so won't label it as such.

Please make sure to follow this topic so that you get update notifications when they come. When the full version is released (no ETA yet), it will go on the firefox addon gallery, allowing it to automatically update, but for now you have to manually reinstall.

BETA: Click here to download the beta version of the addon. Please note that it is not yet finished, and many features still require some more polish. I will be redesigning the user interface soon (it is currently a direct port from the chrome version, which is fine, but I have some ideas of my own. If you have some, please post them in this thread, and if it seems possible and sensible, I will try to implement it.

To install, download and save it somewhere, then drag the .xpi file into firefox and it should ask you whether you want to install it.

In Firefox 28 and below (currently beta), it will be added to the addon bar at the bottom of the page, so make sure it's enabled. You can them move it by right clicking on address or addon bar and going to customize. In firefox 29 and above (currently in alpha), it is added to the address bar, and there is no addon bar available.

The latest version is 0.2.2b

AFTER INSTALLATION, PLEASE FOLLOW THIS THREAD (TOP RIGHT OF THE PAGE) TO BE NOTIFIED WHEN A NEW VERSION IS RELEASED. IT CURRENTLY DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY UPDATE.

You could also follow the blog post for the latest updates and sneak peaks

Compatible with at least firefox 26 (released December 2013) though to 31.0a1 (nightly/alpha), probably a lot more. If you have compatibility issues, please tell me.

Features:

• The number of notifications and PMs are shown as a total on the addon icon
  • If you have unread PMs, the icon also shows a mail icon
  • You can enable notification sounds (choice of 4 at the moment) and popup desktop notifications when a new notification or PM is received (firefox must be running)
  • Twitch streaming notifications for the LinusTech and Luke_Lafr channels, including changing the icon and a notification and sound if enabled (currently not working as intended)
  • This addon doesn't run in private browsing mode (incognito)
  • This addon does not require a restart

Great! I'll try it out. Just kinda sucks its for firefox. I would much rather have it for chrome

Gaming rig- Cpu- Amd 9590, 16gbs of G Skill Ram, Gpu- GTX 760 windforce 3 edition 2gb. A Thermaltake water 2.0 water cooler for my cpu. Keyboard- Thermaltake Posieden , Case- 750D, Mobo Asus 990fx R2.0. 24 inch Dell LED monitor

Great! I'll try it out. Just kinda sucks its for firefox. I would much rather have it for chrome

There is a version available for chrome too; check the link in my signature *wink wink*

Cheers,

Linus

There is a version available for chrome too; check the link in my signature *wink wink*

:D Thanks!

Gaming rig- Cpu- Amd 9590, 16gbs of G Skill Ram, Gpu- GTX 760 windforce 3 edition 2gb. A Thermaltake water 2.0 water cooler for my cpu. Keyboard- Thermaltake Posieden , Case- 750D, Mobo Asus 990fx R2.0. 24 inch Dell LED monitor

In that quote, did you notice the massive "Click here for the Chrome version"? I tried to make it as obvious as possible

HTTP/2 203

In that quote, did you notice the massive "Click here for the Chrome version"? I tried to make it as obvious as possible
oops. Lol apparently I didn't scroll down enough to see it.

The next version of the addon, v1.0.0 has been released into closed beta today, with the intention if everything goes to plan of releasing in April to addons.mozilla.org (which adds automatic updates among other things).

You can see a whole load of images of the next version in the blog post here: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/21/entry-100-the-next-version-images/

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions about the next version, please post them here or in the blog's comments. I am happy to answer pretty much anything, and your feedback is the only thing that tells me what you guys want or don't want with the addon.

HTTP/2 203

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't know about this, just downloaded the chrome version. Very nice!

I didn't know about this, just downloaded the chrome version. Very nice!

If you think that's nice wait until he releases the Beta! (It's super awesome and goes above and beyond.)

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

If you think that's nice wait until he releases the Beta! (It's super awesome and goes above and beyond.)

;) soon

HTTP/2 203

when will the new update come out? :)

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

when will the new update come out? :)

I am looking to push it to addons.mozilla.org on Monday unless my beta testers find anything wrong with it before then. It will then take about 2 weeks to be reviewed before being released. :D

HTTP/2 203

The next version of the addon, v1.0.0, has been submitted to Mozilla for review today. It is supposed to take 10 days or so to review, but the most recent update on the speed of the processing says that most reviews are being performed in under two weeks. Because it's also Easter soon (in the UK that's two extra days off, but I don't know about the US) I can't say how long it will take, but hopefully it will release before or in week commencing the 28th April (meeting my "in April" target). Once it is released, there will be automatic updates, but obviously you will have to manually update to that version. I will post again when everything is ready, but until then,

its-happening-ron-paul-gif.gif

HTTP/2 203

The next version of the addon, v1.0.0, has been submitted to Mozilla for review today. It is supposed to take 10 days or so to review, but the most recent update on the speed of the processing says that most reviews are being performed in under two weeks. Because it's also Easter soon (in the UK that's two extra days off, but I don't know about the US) I can't say how long it will take, but hopefully it will release before or in week commencing the 28th April (meeting my "in April" target). Once it is released, there will be automatic updates, but obviously you will have to manually update to that version. I will post again when everything is ready, but until then,

its-happening-ron-paul-gif.gif

finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Sorry it's taken so long :unsure: I have tried to make it as bug-free as possible, which has paid off because there were loads (:(), but that has come at the cost that it has taken ages to release. To give you an idea of how bug-ridden it was, I even discovered (fairly minor) issues while testing it this morning before release.

HTTP/2 203

Sorry it's taken so long :unsure: I have tried to make it as bug-free as possible, which has paid off because there were loads ( :(), but that has come at the cost that it has taken ages to release. To give you an idea of how bug-ridden it was, I even discovered (fairly minor) issues while testing it this morning before release.

its oohk as long as the extension gets better :)  becasue i got used to the chrome extension with all the functions

but sooon this will be in great shape too :D

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

OK, I got bored of waiting, so here you go. Version 1.0
Gbj5thy.png
WARNING: The current version has not yet been reviewed by Mozilla, so may not be approved. It has been submitted, and you can download it now (but it will be about 2 weeks before it is fully reviewed and visible in search results etc).

ADDED:

• YouTube support - notifications, sounds, and information within the addon
  • View your latest notifications and messages within the addon, and click them to go straight to the post or thread
  • Loads and loads and loads of new settings
  • Debugging tools to make identifying issues a bit easier. Hopefully they won't be necessary

CHANGED:

• Completely new and redesigned User Interface from the ground up
  • Rewritten much of the backend code for performance and reliability
  • Reduced the frequency that twitch is polled from every minute to every two minutes

FIXED:

• Twitch should actually work this time

This is a very major update, so enjoy.

Please note that I will not be releasing any new content now until towards the end of June due to exams, although fixes will still be released when required.

HTTP/2 203

@colonel_mortis will this be the one that is autoupdating or do we have to get that from Mozilla as soon as its accepted?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

@colonel_mortis will this be the one that is autoupdating or do we have to get that from Mozilla as soon as its accepted?

If you download the new version of the addons gallery, you will get automatic updates for all future versions. All versions not downloaded off the addons gallery will not autoupdate to the latest version (as far as I know, although it is entirely possible that I am wrong). You can download v1.0 off the addons gallery now before it is reviewed and it will work just fine (and nothing will change when it is fully reviewed).

HTTP/2 203

@colonel_mortis

1e2f7_ORIG-bowdown_gif.gifMaster has finally released it ;)

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD