A slew of AMD X570 boards are leaked

Master Disaster
43 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

As long as the VRMs are good, you won't need a new motherboard. Unless your vendor doesn't add support. PCIe 4 isn't needed for anything on desktop right now.

except 3D XPoint devices and 970 PRO but who the fuck uses those

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

1 minute ago, NunoLava1998 said:

except 3D XPoint devices and 970 PRO but who the fuck uses those

No?

1 minute ago, Taf the Ghost said:

No?

970 EVO and PRO should see some improvement in sequential although not much

3D XPoint (those hilariously overpriced Optane SSDs) should def see better sequential

Cool. Can't wait to see designs of others.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

2 hours ago, DrMacintosh said:

I hope to see USB C on more entry level boards this year. 

Totally agree, tbh USB type B should be the minority and type C should be the majority at this point, it's only because other hardware manufacturers are slow to adopt that it hasn't happened.

There's no reason why entry level mice, keyboards, controllers, printers phones, dongles and any other device aren't all using type C other than lazyness tbh. It's not like switching from USB 2 to USB 3 costs more.

I feel like both are waiting for the other to jump and neither wants to jump first but it has to happen sooner rather than later because type C is literally better in every single way than type B, mini and micro. It's a smaller port, can handle more plug/unplugs before the connector fails and is reversible.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

10 hours ago, NunoLava1998 said:

970 EVO and PRO should see some improvement in sequential although not much

3D XPoint (those hilariously overpriced Optane SSDs) should def see better sequential

Neither will. Both were made on PCIe 3.0 x4 and run exactly that. That uplink also isn't the inherent bottleneck for these products, as they could move to a x8 interface if the SSDs were held back by 3.0 x4.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

5 hours ago, Drak3 said:

Neither will. Both were made on PCIe 3.0 x4 and run exactly that. That uplink also isn't the inherent bottleneck for these products, as they could move to a x8 interface if the SSDs were held back by 3.0 x4.

Makes sense then.

If a 4.0 version comes out, that should perform better. 

7 hours ago, Drak3 said:

pretty sure optane is dual lane only so its actually limited by the link, though done on purpose for some odd reason,

btw can nvme have an 8x link?

18 minutes ago, cj09beira said:

IIRC NVMe didn't specify the max amount of lanes.

However M.2 does and that is limited to 4 Lanes.

So with x8 PCIe SSD you need a PCIe Card.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

On 3/23/2019 at 12:02 PM, Christiaan21-03 said:

So in a couple of years if i feel like it.. i can turn in mah ryzen 2600 and go for something in the 3000 range 3800x or something without any trouble?

If you have an B450/x470 MOBO yes. 

Technically sgould work with the generation chipset before that - but only if vendors add compatibility And if the board can actually handle it 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

3 hours ago, cj09beira said:

pretty sure optane is dual lane only so its actually limited by the link, though done on purpose for some odd reason,

That's the 800P and Optane Memory, the 900P is 4x (and still saturates PCIe x4 kek)

1 hour ago, Stormseeker9 said:

Technically sgould work with the generation chipset before that - but only if vendors add compatibility And if the board can actually handle it 

BIOSes are already out for X370 & X470 boards. My X370 is flashed and ready for Zen 2.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

On 3/23/2019 at 6:32 AM, cj09beira said:

how didn't people noticed yet, We getting a Ryzen Ws board guys

ASUS WS motherboards are rock solid. I've used several of them (X58, Z77, Z270) and they work great with almost all expansion cards. They're also pretty decent for overclocking and come with lots of great features.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

1 minute ago, Geography said:

ASUS WS motherboards are rock solid. I've used several of them (X58, Z77, Z270) and they work great with almost all expansion cards. They're also pretty decent for overclocking and come with lots of great features.

and no bullshit rgb, and or fake heatsinks

2 hours ago, Stormseeker9 said:

46 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

BIOSes are already out for X370 & X470 boards. My X370 is flashed and ready for Zen 2.

Oke.. yea i have a X470 board.. i guess it will only be interesting if it is going to rival intels 9900k at 80w or something else that would be a more interesting choice ( or whatever they cooked up by then! ) 

3 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

Any guide on how to do that for UEFI  boards. last time i did that was before UEFI was a thing, (i'm using an x470 taichi ultimate if it matters).

Crosshair VIII Impact ?

AM4 ITX hype.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

I hope Gigabyte release a x570 designare board. The threadripper and intel designare boards looked really nice. Planning to go with the silver/white theme. Just bought the Radeon VII a few weeks back and I'm waiting for the zen2 16 core to come out so I can finish this thing, hopefully with a gigabyte designare board. I am desperate to see what Gigabyte come up with.

Depending on the price ofc, I might get a 12 core Zen 2, and make an mATX system around it.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

Really interested in that ASUS Pro WS board if it supports the Ryzen PRO cpus as well as ECC, not my use case of course but it would be interesting nonetheless if they made a WS class board similar to what they have on Intel's side of all work and no play and pure workhorse while not looking too bad.

Does anybody know when PCs will begin using DDR5? That's what I'm holding off for so I can do a nice APU SFF / sleeper build.

13 minutes ago, Okjoek said:

Does anybody know when PCs will begin using DDR5? That's what I'm holding off for so I can do a nice APU SFF / sleeper build.

For Ryzen your going to have to wait on a socket change which won't be till Zen 4 according to AMD.

Just now, CarlBar said:

For Ryzen your going to have to wait on a socket change which won't be till Zen 4 according to AMD.

And Intel?

Just now, Okjoek said:

And Intel?

Whenever they feel like it. But if AMD is willing to wait that long i wouldn't expect intel to shift soon ethier. the move to DDR5 will be made when the CPU's need the extra bandwidth, and it doesn't sound like AMD thinks that will be an issue for another couple of years. So 2021 for both most likely.

1 minute ago, VegetableStu said:

probably after 2020

That'll be an interesting time.

Personally, I wanna know why we're moving boards to PCIe Gen4 while a GPU will usually fail to saturate Gen3 x16 xD

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!