A slew of AMD X570 boards are leaked

Master Disaster
30 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

Ryzenfall was total horse shit and at best Stock Manipulatoion, at worst paid opposition research, that had to have some shit to attack the other side on.

Just ignore that nonsense!

When you have to have PHYSICAL ACCESS to the System to exploit it, its not a real exploit. Because you could also just reboot it to a Linux enviroment and take the data you want.

Ive followed the story and it was paid research that showed close to no real results, so they took an exploit that needs a custom bios and hailed it as the endtimes of amd. To me it seemed like making something out of all those moneyz sank into finding flaws in ryzen in particular, call it a silver lining for the investor) The thing is - the exploit is real, its just shit.

30 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

Ryzen is a full SoC. The current chipsets add only USB and SATA ports. That's why they're 55nm designs on a PCIe 2.0 bus. They don't need much bandwidth. 

I was kinda wondering about that though, read alot about ryzen being full SoC, still dont understand how something is full SoC without memory, cache doesnt count. Id sooner count hades cannon package a full SoC since it has those 8gb hbm on an interposer, even though cpu cant use it. Imo, the only real SoC in consumer space are on low power aplications, as IoT, mobile etc

Ryzen embedded is also a proper SoC, but not the consumer one

3 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

Saw it in Videocardz comments, lol. That's actually big for AMD.

hahah, that was my comment ? 

3 minutes ago, hobobobo said:

Ive followed the story and it was paid research that showed close to no real results, so they took an exploit that needs a custom bios and hailed it as the endtimes of amd. To me it seemed like making something out of all those moneyz sank into finding flaws in ryzen in particular, call it a silver lining for the investor) The thing is - the exploit is real, its just shit.

I was kinda wondering about that though, read alot about ryzen being full SoC, still dont understand how something is full SoC without memory, cache doesnt count. Id sooner count hades cannon package a full SoC since it has those 8gb hbm on an interposer, even though cpu cant use it. Imo, the only real SoC in consumer space are on low power aplications, as IoT, mobile etc

i dont think its required that the memory is on chip, most phones have the ram on the motherboard

3 minutes ago, cj09beira said:

i dont think its required that the memory is on chip, most phones have the ram on the motherboard

It implies on the same substrate. Kinda thinking about it, its a stretachable definition, but as i see it - hades canyon is the closest to a SoC in consumer hpc, if they had memory and chipset on the emib - would be full soc, where the rest of the board would be just power-delivery and traces to i/o.

On the phone everything is on 1 substrate and they plug in daughters and other stuff for sensors, ports and battery

27 minutes ago, hobobobo said:

It implies on the same substrate. Kinda thinking about it, its a stretachable definition, but as i see it - hades canyon is the closest to a SoC in consumer hpc, if they had memory and chipset on the emib - would be full soc, where the rest of the board would be just power-delivery and traces to i/o.

On the phone everything is on 1 substrate and they plug in daughters and other stuff for sensors, ports and battery

For Ryzen, it'd be an SoC because the Controller is on-package. The fact the memory is off package is just a decision by the industry/user friendliness.

Come Zen2, it's SoP: System on Package.

5 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

For Ryzen, it'd be an SoC because the Controller is on-package. The fact the memory is off package is just a decision by the industry/user friendliness.

Can someone clarify how this is any different than Zen 1 or Zen+, or any other CPU+MB combo with integrated graphics?

Hell if your counting things plugged into it like memory then even systems with discrete graphics are SoP.

ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING
    ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING
    ROG STRIX X570-I GAMING

I more or less know what F and I stand for from their current x470 lineup, but what does the E type stand for? E-ATX?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

26 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

This will become less useless because of PCIe 4.0

Generic Image Title lol fuck you retard

it'll still be useless however

thats more a case of software having to catch up than anything else

37 minutes ago, CarlBar said:

Can someone clarify how this is any different than Zen 1 or Zen+, or any other CPU+MB combo with integrated graphics?

Hell if your counting things plugged into it like memory then even systems with discrete graphics are SoP.

Because SoC is "System on Chip". With chiplets, the System is on the Package.

36 minutes ago, CarlBar said:

well intel cpus need the chipset to function, so they are not socs, ryzen on the other hand can be run with no chipset at all, and that's actually how it works on the epyc servers and in the embedded skus, for ryzen the chipset is no more than a pcie switch

11 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

Because SoC is "System on Chip". With chiplets, the System is on the Package.

9 minutes ago, cj09beira said:

well intel cpus need the chipset to function, so they are not socs, ryzen on the other hand can be run with no chipset at all, and that's actually how it works on the epyc servers and in the embedded skus, for ryzen the chipset is no more than a pcie switch

Um SoP and SoC are different things...

And whilst that answers my first point it doesn't address the second part. if your counting DDR memory, (and for the matter the Mb substrate), as part of an SoP then everything plugged into a MB is technically part of an SoP making all PC's of ATX formfactor SoP's. And if you don;t want to count stuff plugged in then you can't include DDR memory, or for that matter the motherboard at all. Which leaves Zen2 minus memory and storage at a minimum.

2 minutes ago, CarlBar said:

Um SoP and SoC are different things...

And whilst that answers my first point it doesn't address the second part. if your counting DDR memory, (and for the matter the Mb substrate), as part of an SoP then everything plugged into a MB is technically part of an SoP making all PC's of ATX formfactor SoP's. And if you don;t want to count stuff plugged in then you can't include DDR memory, or for that matter the motherboard at all. Which leaves Zen2 minus memory and storage at a minimum.

motherboard and ram aren't counted in the package, package is only whats on the cpu substrate

Just now, cj09beira said:

motherboard and ram aren't counted in the package, package is only whats on the cpu substrate

Which is precisely my point. if you only xcount whats on the CPU substrate it's neither an SoP nor an SoC as your missing a couple of very important components.

Nice.

Personally I'm waiting for threadripper.

I might pick up 1920x and then upgrade to 3rd gen next year.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

22 minutes ago, DaRk0 said:

Nice.

Personally I'm waiting for threadripper.

I might pick up 1920x and then upgrade to 3rd gen next year.

TR3 should be August. When they've launched both previous ones.

3 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

TR3 should be August. When they've launched both previous ones.

Yeah, curious to see how's going to be.

Will wait until next year for prices to adjust a bit.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

Just now, DaRk0 said:

it should be epyc, all i can say is some vrms will cry

23 minutes ago, DaRk0 said:

Expectation is 48c as the top SKU. We're not sure which ones below that they'll fill in. Don't think we'll see a 16c part, since they can just leave the 1950X on the SKU list. Probably 24, 32, 40 and 48c parts.

Actually, let me take a crack at pricing.

TR 3920X - 24c 999USD

TR 3950X - 32c 1299USD

TR 3970WX - 40c 1699USD

TR 3990WX - 48c 1999USD

If there's a 16c per, it should be TR 3900X 699USD

2 hours ago, Taf the Ghost said:

System on chip already means on a substrate, not a monolithic design. Well, memory id agree with, but by this logic only g variants are proper soc, since others lack graphics output. I guess for high-scale computing it is a soc and gpus are counted as an "addon" even if they handle the primary workload

I am certainly looking forward to zen 2 but I want to see actual benchmarks before saving money for a new motherboard and processor as us on B350s will need new motherboards.

11 minutes ago, MadmanRB said:

I am certainly looking forward to zen 2 but I want to see actual benchmarks before saving money for a new motherboard and processor as us on B350s will need new motherboards.

As long as the VRMs are good, you won't need a new motherboard. Unless your vendor doesn't add support. PCIe 4 isn't needed for anything on desktop right now.

I hope to see USB C on more entry level boards this year. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)