The Xbox One is NOT Microsoft's last console

TopWargamer

http://www.oxm.co.uk/69314/the-xbox-one-wont-be-microsofts-last-console-says-phil-spencer/

After all, what need we a boxful of RAM on the coffee table when there's a supercomputer cluster just down the road? Will Microsoft ever find it necessary to release an Xbox Two, or will it just upgrade the server farms with new graphics cards, CPUs and the like - even streaming games direct to a display device? Hold your horses, says Studios boss Phil Spencer.

"I don't," he tweeted yesterday, when asked whether Xbox One might be Microsoft's last traditional console. "I think local compute will be important for a long time."

Look forward to the 9th generation of consoles, folks. With this news, I'm sure that both Sony and Nintendo are planning their 9th generation consoles now. So it looks like the console wars won't be ending any time soon.

Tboughts on this?

COMIC SANS

The XBOX is too popular to stop, that we should all agree on. But in reality it's gonna be something like a steam box.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

http://www.oxm.co.uk/69314/the-xbox-one-wont-be-microsofts-last-console-says-phil-spencer/

Look forward to the 9th generation of consoles, folks. With this news, I'm sure that both Sony and Nintendo are planning their 9th generation consoles now. So it looks like the console wars won't be ending any time soon.

Tboughts on this?

like I said in a previous topic, I never thought that the steambox would get entirely get rid of consoles, however it will lead them in the right direction.

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @ 4.2 GHz; GPU: Asus STRIX & Gigabyte g1 GTX 1070 SLI; RAM: 16 GB Corsair vengeance 3200 MHz ; Mobo: Asrock Taichi x470; SSD: 512 gb Samsung 950 Pro Storage: 5x Seagate 2TB drives; 1x 2TB WD PurplePSU: 700 Watt Huntkey; Peripherals: Acer S277HK 4K Monitor; Logitech G502 gaming mouse; Corsair K95 Mechanical keyboard; 5.1 Logitech x530 sound system

01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01100100 01101111 01100101 01110011 01101110 00100111 01110100 00100000 01101101 01100001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110000 01110010 01101111 00101110

It'll take them yeaaaaaaaaaaaaars. Remember how long the last generation lasted. Trying to make bets on what's what NOW makes no sense, it might be a totally different ballgame

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Wont supprise me if by the end of the year they have a newer, more up to date 4k ready model which will be cheaper... they did it with the 360 eventually, and given that the xbo is using a pc chip architecture it means easier upgrades... we might even get super mini model with top loading disc's and supper OTT liquid cooled models

Character artist in the Games industry.

EDIT

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Yeah, and the next release might be able to push 60 FPS at 1080p resolution in games!

Isn't progress great?

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

The XBOX is too popular to stop, that we should all agree on. But in reality it's gonna be something like a steam box.

Or maybe a... Stream Box!

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Steam box is not something for the general public, where as the Xbox/playstation/ninty consoles are

------------------------------------------------------I HAZ SHINY----------------------------------------------------------

Cool story bros.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Maybe the next Xbox can play games at 1080p? That might be too hopeful though.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

The fact that they launched it incapable of 1080p when 4K is on the way makes me sad.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

$800~ consoles incoming, potentially multiples with dif specs and prices. I expected that this last time but I guess they dun' screwed up and now they are late to the game again since there's the SteamOS.

I will say that the Steam controller is stupid as hell, though. They got that going for 'em at least.

Personally, I cant wait. I think that they have learned some lessons and the next gen might be even better.

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

Microsoft stop making consoles and focus on pc. Heard some shit called windows 9 is on its way. This better be a good piece of shit.

Looking at how many people boycotted their great idea to innovate console gaming by making it online only, I don't think they'll pull that for a long time.

Let's see what the power of the cloud can do.

144Hz goodness

Even in the next ten years I don't see cloud gaming being the focal point in console gaming. Internet infrastructure probably wouldn't have caught up considering there are still significant parts of the states that dont have uncapped high speed internet. That isn't even fiber. Now apply the same idea to Canada or Australia. I can still see a definite use case for a standalone console that uses physical media of some sort and doesn't rely purely on streaming.

There's two problems with current generation consoles(Xbox One, PS4);

1. Internet Bandwidth

2. Hardware

They haven't found a fix for the Internet bottleneck, so they can't have a mobile or streaming console as they now have to allocate resources for the #2 problem, hardware. Currently no one can stream games from one server to another, without lag, at full 1080p and 60FPS(and soon 4k and 60FPS). So Microsoft and the other console manufacturers have to continue to build dedicated hardware boxes.

Until they fix problem #1, they will continue to have problem #2.

Maybe Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo, etc. should finally step up and do something about this terrible Internet the U.S., Canada, Europe and Australia has been having for decades now? If somebody doesn't do something(Yah for Google being the only one with balls) then we all will have the same Internet plan we have currently and it'll only get slower OR higher with low caps, plus it'll cost more for no reason.

I'm waiting Microsoft.

I just want a potato to run all games in existence and in the future. Is that too much to ask?

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

Consoles are not going anywhere anytime soon.  These new consoles (XBOX One and PS4) were just released, and they haven't even begun their strides yet.  I am excited for what will be coming out in the next year or so.

I for one am excited to get a Shield of Steam Machine to stream my gaming PC to in order to play games on my TV and make my own console. With how Nvidia Grid is going, and the recently announced at CES 2014 Playstation Now streaming service, I think it is very possible to have game streaming in a couple of years. And saying that it is not possible that internet will advance in the few years to come, is like saying that we won't have octocopters in the sky delivering packages in 2015 when the FSA initiates rules and regulations. Technology is changing. Fast.

System Specs: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Six-core CPU, AMD Radeon HD 6970 2 GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card, MSI 890FXA-GD70 Motherboard, Kingston Hyper-X 1600 MHz RAM, ADATA 128 GB MLC SSD, 2 TB HDD, Astec Dual 120 mm closed Liquid cooling Loop, Cooler Master 800W Silent Pro Gold (80 Plus Gold Certified) PSU, Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 Gaming Keyboard (Love me my Cherry MX Blue Switches), a Razer Taipan Gaming Mouse (8200 dpi 4G sensor FTW!), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

oh yeah, definitely the next gen console will be quantum based computers powered by vegetable scraps and have built in bar mixers and foot massages. I can't wait for the one that comes with a house servant option. :rolleyes:

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.