What Did You Get for Christmas?

PlayStation 2

Haven't seen a dedicated thread, but what did you guys get for Christmas this year, or whatever holiday you celebrate?

I got various things, namely an Xbox One controller, a 2TB internal hard drive (a 2.5" WD Blue and it's fine), $100 of Steam cards, some jeans, some shirts and various other things.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

I got some Xbox One games (Forza Horizon 4, South Park: The Stick of Truth, COD:WWII, DIRT Rally and MXGP 3), a stand to put my Logitech G27 on, a £20 Steam card, some shirts and £300 cash.

Other than that I got a Toblerone, a glass bottle of coca-cola and some biltong (it's spicy dried meat, it's my favourite food).

I got an ssd for my brother, bike gloves for my mom & battery stuff for my dad. For my cat I got him a crinkly fish toy with catnip in it & a giant dog pillow he’s been sleeping on for like 7 hours since I put him on it. 

An Apple Watch 4. Really impressed with it so far and well worth. Such a huge upgrade. Nearly the time my old one would crack in, and my Series 4 is at 82%. Woke up and put it on at 6:30 now it’s 4pm. 

From myself: Azio Armato CE keyboard, 16gb of GeIL Evo Forza Yellow 3200mhz RAM, Mafia III for the PS4 and "The Killer" Criterion Edition LD.

From parents: Casio DBC32 inox watch, some shirts, Horizon Zero Dawn for the PS4 and The Crew 2 for the PC

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 keyboard, LTT T-shirt, shower gel, deodorant, after-shave, 2019 calendar, lots of chocolate, lots of money and tickets to see Middlesbrough's boxing day match against Sheff Wed. 

Edited by LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

from myself: just before christmas i got myself a nice mi 8

from parents: a sweater and a 300 grams chocolate bar. dunno if a mx500 and a new battery for my schoollaptop counts, it wasn't for Christmas and not even on christmas, just like the Xiaomi it was close to

Logitech g pro wireless, 3 bottles of booze, some cash and 250 shares of a certain well established company.

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

a bag of crisps, steamed dumplings, watched ender's game, and a decent sleep

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

I got laid....

Also a wireless keyboard and mouse

Sudo make me a sandwich 

I got to see my twins experience there first real xmas. They were too young last year to even know what was going on, but this year they were able to full get in to opening their gifts.

Now this dad hasn't got his gift yet, but I am planning to get a new camper trailer (Currently leaning towards a 2019 Keystone 38')

What I got for Christmas, was my 3 year old niece with a split chin after falling in the bathtub, all the pharmacies closed at 5pm... it was 6:40pm, yay! So I couldn't just buy some suture tape(Steri strips).
Had to wait 5 hours at the hospital to finally see the doctor who just "glued" it up in 2 minutes.

Why couldn't a nurse do this? It doesn't take 10 years of studies to learn how to close a small wound.
Any other day and I would've just fixed her up myself, but she just HAD to injure herself on Christmas of all days where everything is either closed or closing early.
So really, fuck Christmas.

Not her, but this is basically it, same size, same place(minus the poor suture job):

Spoiler

IMG_0434.JPG

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Money, Money, Money and some other various little gifts.

The Louvre

Lian-Li PC-O11 DW   |   ZOTAC RTX 2080   |   Core i5 9600k   |   SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 650W Platinum   |   MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon  |  2x16Gb TRIDENT Z ROYAL  |   2xSX8200 240Gb NVME SSD's  |   1x Seagate Firecuda 1TB   |   EVGA Closed Loop Cooler 280mm   |   1x MSI MPG27C Monitor

i got a GT 1030 and a PC-O11 among other random clothes and chocolates

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

From myself: Karlby block with two black Alex drawers (I'm finishing it later today, so excited!)

From family:

I got $250 cash, Cooler Master LED Strip for my case, a 500GB SSD to replace my laptop's 5400RPM HDD, a G502 Spectrum,  an XL mouse pad, couple of games like Skyrim. and a magnetic -flexi-bend screwdriver kit.

Wife also has allowed me to buy myself some things since she wasn't feeling the Christmas feeling this year. 

Mostly just ate food, a whole lot of good food.

Plus, cousin brought some tasty Everclear with cinnamon sticks in it.  That stuff is so smooth.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

i got nothing as we stopped gifting each other stuff completely, i did however get myself a new 3D Printer 

Got some new front seats for my old Civic hatch. Bolsters are worn to hell on driver seat. They didn't hold me that good when the seats were like new anyway. They make my Fit's seats seem like race buckets. New ones are basically a knockoff of the Recaro Speed seats in solid black. What blows is I'm still waiting on the hardware to actually install them. Oh well. Once I get them in there, I'm going back road carving to see how good they hold me.

Other than that, I got some nice Duluth Trading jeans and a hoodie. Oh and a die-cast model of a Crusader III tank. It's been a thing for about 15 years for my dad to get me some kind of WWII tank model for Christmas.

Got a nice Christmas bonus at work so I bought myself a TON of stuff that I'm not gonna list.

1 hour ago, B16CXHatch said:

Got a nice Christmas bonus at work so I bought myself a TON of stuff that I'm not gonna list.

Hentai. 

1 hour ago, fpo said:

Hentai. 

Well, thanks for sharing what you would buy.

Seriously, I've only ever met one person who bought hentai. It was a friend of mine at a Suncoast video about 10-12 years ago (who remembers Suncoast?). He thought it would be absolutely hilarious to see the cashier's face while buying it. My other friend and I thought it'd be dumb as hell. The cashier gave zero shits. I don't think he even watched it. He wasted his money for a joke nobody thought was funny. As a side note, the not stupid friend and I bought, I think, volume 1 and 2 of Desert Punk during that trip.

What I actually bought was mostly upgrades for my home theater setup along with some other random shit for my PCs and cars.

Got some cash, a dremel, Several Kilos of chocolate, and bought myself a laptop and 20TB of hdds

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

$75 Xbox gift card amount 

Used it to buy Forza Horizon 4

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1