Windows 9 will reportedly ship in 2015, codenamed 'Threshold'

mgsstar

Windows 8.1 users should get a discount/free upgrade, or at least a super cheap upgrade edition like Windows 8 was

Windows 8 was 40$. That's less than a game. Windows 7 Home Premium was 60% off, Professional was 50% off, and you had 3 licenses for 150$ (so 50$ each). All were upgrade editions.

Expect Windows 9 to have a limited offer as well.

Windows 8 was 40$ less than a game. Windows 7 Home Premium was 60% off, Professional was 50% off, and you had 3 licenses for 150$ (so 50$ each). All were upgrade editions.

Expect Windows 9 to have a limited offer as well.

if that's the case then I might be an early adopter just like I was with 8! I have to add though, I'm still very happy with Windows 8.1

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

I honestly, whole-heartedly believe Windows 8 is probably one of the most underrated OS' of all time. It gets so much hate and while some people flat out hate the Metro interface, it really isn't that hard or annoying to use. I personally find the Metro apps in particular a bit annoying, however, It's great for shortcuts and to be honest, other than the metro part of W8, the OS is just a faster, more organised version of Windows 7.

That's just my opinion, I know many won't agree though..

THE BEAST Motherboard: MSI B350 Tomahawk   CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700   GPU: Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC  RAM: 16GB G.Skill FlareX DDR4   

PSU: Corsair CX650M     Case: Corsair 200R    SSD: Kingston 240GB SSD Plus   HDD: 1TB WD Green Drive and Seagate Barracuda 2TB Media Drive

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

I hope it's 15 bucks for a while after it comes out like 8 was.

no idea what you're talking about, because windows 8 is still 95$

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

Your post is about Windows 8.2, are Windows 8.2 and Windows 9 the same thing?

Yes it is the same thing. But at the time, no one knew win 8.2 = 9. So I guess thats a new addition. But you'll find all the info about it including the codename and the release date in that post. 

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

Windows 8.1 for life <3

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Already? Didn't 8 just come out?  :wacko:  I bet 9 will be just as crappy with just as bad support.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

It cannot fail. If it does Microsoft would have broken it's long awaited chain of good OS bad OS and then good OS. It is impossible. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Now watch that be the exact same shit as windows 8 and people telling it's the best thing in the world just because that thing one OS is good the other one is bad.

Signatures are stupid.

Too many disappointments from windows 8 ui for desktops. Hopefully they don't shun us this time around

Core - EVGA Classified 3 | i7 980x | 12GB Corsair Dominator GT | Lian Li P80 | Corsair 128 Neutron GTX | 2 x WD 500gb Velociraptor | Asus Xonar Xense | 2 x EVGA 590 | Enermax Platimax 1500

Water Cooling - Alphacool NexXxos 360 Monsta | TFC 360 | Alphacool D5 Vario | Alphacool 250 Tube res | EK Supreme HF Nickle Plexi | 2 x EK Nickle Plexi 590 WB | Aquaero 5 XT

Windows NEIN!

Windows me?What?

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Ditching the toxic Windows 8 name, rather than going for 8.2

I see your plan, M$oft.

no idea what you're talking about, because windows 8 is still 95$

When it first came out, it was only $15 bucks.

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245

Is it possible to have a thread regarding any Windows version without the blind hatred directed towards Windows 8? Seriously. Windows 8 was a pretty good attempt at fusing the tablet market and desktop market into one. The differences are minor and 99% of the time, you don't even have to touch Modern UI on desktops. You managed to sign up to a tech forum, why is it so hard to learn some slight changes in an OS that most of us have been using for several years?

99% of the time, huh? Tell me more about how you don't have to "touch Modern UI" when you have to deal with it on every single reboot. And shutdown. Etc. etc. I do agree that there is too much hate towards 8, but honestly, considering how much MS knocked things out of the park with Windows 7 it doesn't surprise me that people are at least disappointed with this new direction. Here's to hoping Windows 9 is a step in the right direction again. Who knows, linux might be the future of desktop OS's if MS keeps making these blunders (probably not, just wishful thinking I suppose...).

How much time do you spend rebooting? How long does it take you to swipe to the right corner and click shut down? Barely seconds compared to hours when you're using programmes and games. It's nothing and if it's "too hard" do get used to, you shouldn't be using a computer.

It's not hard. At all. I'm just saying you DO have to use the Metro (Modern? Mandatory?) interface a lot. You said you don't have to mess with it, and I'm answering by saying unless you've installed something 3rd party, you do have to mess with it. Is it so awful that it's literally the apocalypse? No, but it's still kinda annoying, especially when no one asked for this change.

I hope it's 15 bucks for a while after it comes out like 8 was.

I'd actually buy an OS if they did that and it's more like 7 then 8. I hate the appstore bullshit. Crapware on my pc.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd actually buy an OS if they did that and it's more like 7 then 8. I hate the appstore bullshit. Crapware on my pc.

I've gotten used to it. I mostly just ignore that crap and use the desktop. I've been using it since the developer preiview back in 2012. (On my laptop as it barely worked at all on the crappy desktop I had back then)

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245

I don't think the software store on Windows is going to go anywhere.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Windows 8/8.1 is freaken horrible for gaming, every time I play game in full screen, the mouse would be able to click the windows menu where it switches the screen to metro...

I don't think the software store on Windows is going to go anywhere.

then ill be sticking with w7 for a long time till game support drops it.

I hate app stores with a passion.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Windows 8/8.1 is freaken horrible for gaming, every time I play game in full screen, the mouse would be able to click the windows menu where it switches the screen to metro...

Most people have no problem with gaming on Windows 8.x. Doesn't mean that 1 game on your side is having problem, that automatically Windows 8 is horrible for gaming.

Sounds to me that you have another software that you install that causes this problem, or you set the game in window mode and not full screen mode.

If that problem can't be solved, then contact the developers and tell them to fix it, because most games run fine on it. It's not Microsoft job to fix people poor coding.

There is a full documentation on Microsoft website, and countless books on how to make a software of any kind for Windows.

Yes, it does come a time where really old games and software will no longer work or not properly, due to natural advancement of the OS core to allow better technologies (software wise) to be made, and an eventual drop of legacy technology support (such as the ability to run 16-bit programs/games. This is nothing new. It happens with all OS's, including Linux based OS's.

That is life.