Windows 9 will reportedly ship in 2015, codenamed 'Threshold'

mgsstar

Most people have no problem with gaming on Windows 8.x. Doesn't mean that 1 game on your side is having problem, that automatically Windows 8 is horrible for gaming.

Sounds to me that you have another software that you install that causes this problem, or you set the game in window mode and not full screen mode.

It happens to four of my games which I only played. CS:S for example, when I move the mouse left and left click it hit the menu button...

When it first came out, it was only $15 bucks.

No it wasn't. . .

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

It happens to four of my games which I only played. CS:S for example, when I move the mouse left and left click it hit the menu button...

I am looking on the internet, and people are saying that the game runs perfectly well on Windows 8.

My guess is that you are running the game in window mode, so the mouse is not being locked to the game. Don't run the game in window mode.

Guys am I the only one that actually likes windows 8? 

AMD FX 8320@ Stock - Asus M5A99X Evo R2.0 - Kingston HyperX 8GB 1600Mhz - Corsair Carbide 200R - Powercolor Radeon HD 7950 PCS+OC@970Mhz core 1400Mhz memory - Corsair CS650W - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 
LG 22EA53VQ 21.5" - CM Storm Xornet - CM Storm Quickfire TK - Creative Inspire T3130 2.1

No it wasn't. . .

Well, all I know is that I bought Windows 8 Pro from the Microsoft website for 15 bucks after it came out.

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245

No you are not. A lot of people like Windows 8 very much.

The problem that Windows 8 faces is similar to Vista's. "I have heard this and that", but not actually, seriously, try it, with an open mind, for a about a month.

Yes yes, you'll always have a few people that don't like it. But the majority that do actually gives it a chance, like it a lot, and don't want to go back, even.

Well, all I know is that I bought Windows 8 Pro from the Microsoft website for 15 bucks after it came out.

I think that was if you were upgrading from a newly purchased windows 7 machine

I think that was if you were upgrading from a newly purchased windows 7 machine

There were tons of available promotions/discount either directly from the Microsoft Store, or from various retailers.

You certainly could get the Windows 8 upgrade for dirt cheap within the first month or so, without needing to have recently purchased a pre-built OEM machine.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

There were tons of available promotions/discount either directly from the Microsoft Store, or from various retailers.

You certainly could get the Windows 8 upgrade for dirt cheap within the first month or so, without needing to have recently purchased a pre-built OEM machine.

Yeah, i head ms wasn't even checking if you even had the windows 7 key

The problem that Windows 8 faces is similar to Vista's. "I have heard this and that", but not actually, seriously, try it, with an open mind, for a about a month.

Yes yes, you'll always have a few people that don't like it. But the majority that do actually gives it a chance, like it a lot, and don't want to go back, even.

Windows 8 has about a 50/50 split of people who strongly like it and strongly hate it. For those on the fence considering it, a $130 price tag to upgrade will likely steer them away from it (when most are probably satisfied with Windows 7).

I have tried it and don't like the new interface at all, so while using it for an extended period of time may improve this, to me its not worth the the price and time to upgrade (I like to do clean installs every-time I re-install my OS, so don't want to have to reinstall everything I currently have on my system).

"Donny you're out of your element!"

"Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules."

I already have Windows 7 and don't want to pay more on 8,but I think I'd like it,now that I boot up straight to desktop.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

There's a few of you here

Not very many of you out in the wild.

i might actually wait for this then switch OS. I've been thinking of switching to 8 but my Win7 PC isn't even a year old soo....

Agree...I mean I was gonna switch to windows 8 and download apps to make it like w7 for a more modern look plus some better frames on BF4(which is my main game) but I'll probably stay on 7

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

The Windows 8 branding needs to be completely removed and anything related to its original marketing should be avoided. No one over 35ish wants to deal with the changes they made and rightly so because most of them are terrible. The brand is toxic.

Whats this over 35 garbage? Im 17 and wouldnt touch 8/8.1 with a ten foot pole

Im 17 and wouldnt touch 8/8.1 with a ten foot pole

That's because you convinced yourself of it from comments from others.

reminds me of people saying how the "New" Start Menu sucked in Vista, and how Microsoft blocked the ability to play MP3's, and what other none sense about Vista.

The best advice, is to come in with an open mind, and try something for yourself for about a month.

When you pick up a new game, you don't say "Oh the control are different from this other game I like.. therefor it sucks.. impossible to play...". No. You learn it, you discover or read the manual, and then you enjoy the game.

There is no denying that Windows 8 has a steep learning curve. But for about 90% of people that said how Windows 8 sucks.. no one explained why it was annoying. In fact, very few, exactly state why they don't like about Windows 8, and provide full run down why it is the case on the particular points that they don't like. Those are post I like. But most complaints are "I have heard about...", "I have seen pictures off...", or simply follow the train, "It's cool to say WIn8 sucks, so I am going say it too: it sucks", or similar.

And you can see this by the lack of argument by the complainer. IN some forums, you can see when asked, they never reply, and simply disappears from the conversation.

You have to make an opinion of it yourself. This also allows to provide constructive criticism for Microsoft, to know what to correct, or what to improve. Saying "It sucks, bring back the Start Button/Menu" doesn't help anything.

i have family with windows 8 PC's i cant use windows 8 using it makes me want to punch the screen. its just rage inducing. and it wouldnt work on my own PC due to the way i have everything setup. and i dislike metro and how it takes up my entire screen

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

i have family with windows 8 PC's i cant use windows 8 using it makes me want to punch the screen. its just rage inducing. and it wouldnt work on my own PC due to the way i have everything setup. and i dislike metro and how it takes up my entire screen

why dont you download apps to make it look like windows 7 or something?

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

i dont install stuff like that on my PC's if MS dont want to make something i want to buy i just wont buy it

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

wut?

I don't really get all those complaints about metro. If you don't want to use it just stay in desktop mode. If you've installed 8.1 you won't have to look at the metro screen ever again.

The start screen is customizable. You can pin all your games, programs, folders and move things around.

You want to pin the most used items at the bottom left corner of the screen, and the left used ones where you want to scroll.

The really most used programs, you want it pinned on the task bar.

In the hope that the following might help:

This is my start screen back with Windows 8:

dss.png

This is my Start Screen with Windows 8.1:

dss_8_1.png

If your layout doesn't look like the above, give it a spin.

Tips:

- You can search for anything by just typing on the Start Screen. You can also do Ctrl+Q on the desktop, to have the search bar show.

- To quickly shutdown or restart or sleep your computer, you can do Win+I keyboard combination, and you have direct access to the power button. Alternatively, and perhaps better, you can right-click at the bottom left corner of the screen, where the Start Button is. You will see "Shutdown or sign out", go there and you'll have your options there.

- To quickly access mostly used control panel elements, access the power user menu, by simply right-clicking on the Start Button. You can also do Win+X keyboard combination. The menu is also customizable, but its a bit tricky as each folder is a group and it's tricky if you want to make shortcuts for specifc locations. For a easier time. you have a few free tools that some people have done that allows you to quickly and easily edit that menu for you. For example, you have this one: http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/5607-power-user-tasks-menu-win-x-edit-windows-8-a.html

I hope this helps, at least a bit.

All the Windows 8 hate is simply childish. It's a good OS, fast, looks nice and runs great. Don't like Metro? Just get a Start replacement. It's very simple.

People are just afraid to learn something new.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4.0GHz Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 RAM: 12GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 Storage: Samsung 120GB 840 SSD Cooling: Corsair H100 with Noctuas Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2

SpeedTest: http://www.speedtest.net/result/3243874809.png

That's because you convinced yourself of it from comments from others.

reminds me of people saying how the "New" Start Menu sucked in Vista, and how Microsoft blocked the ability to play MP3's, and what other none sense about Vista.

The best advice, is to come in with an open mind, and try something for yourself for about a month.

When you pick up a new game, you don't say "Oh the control are different from this other game I like.. therefor it sucks.. impossible to play...". No. You learn it, you discover or read the manual, and then you enjoy the game.

There is no denying that Windows 8 has a a steep learning curve. But for about 90% of people that said how Windows 8 sucks.. no one explained why it was annoying. In fact, very few, exactly state why they don't like about Windows 8, and provide full run down why it is the case on the particular points that they don't like. Those are post I like. But most complaints are "I have heard about...", "I have seen pictures off...", or simply follow the train, "It's cool to say WIn8 sucks, so I am going say it too: it sucks".

And you can see this by the lack of argument by the complainer. IN some forums, you can see when asked, they never reply, and simply disappears from the conversation.

You have to make an opinion of it yourself. This also allows to provide constructive criticism for Microsoft, to know what to correct, or what to improve. Saying "It sucks, bring back the Start Button/Menu" doesn't help anything.

I have used windows 8 on friends computers before, and i dont like how modern ui looks/feels, its all personal taste, i didnt like it, so i didnt get it. Simple as that. Although your other post showing your modern ui in windows 8.1 (im on a phone so im not going to try and multi quote) did look nice. However im happy with 7, ill probably get windows 9 if it turns out well, or a future update of 8 if it improves things moreso, however my usage/wallet doesnt require me to get windows 8

On a bit of a side note, why is windows so expensive?

Most importantly, is it going to be free?

I don't think many people are going to like to pay $100 for a new OS just a fews years after they got 8.

And I think that if they don't make a product that will make people switch by then, they could be looking at a competitor overtaking the OS business.

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)