AMD launches limited edition Ryzen MAX

AlTech
1 minute ago, mr moose said:

For me the technical specs play no role in their appeal, it's purely the status/character of a system with that in there.   Which is why I said its mostly marketing to me.

Being able to buy "the best" within the domain of the things you appreciate always has appeal to people. And, given the generally small premiums for that type within most of tech, it's also just something enjoyable to have.

1 minute ago, Taf the Ghost said:

Being able to buy "the best" within the domain of the things you appreciate always has appeal to people. And, given the generally small premiums for that type within most of tech, it's also just something enjoyable to have.

Oh, I agree, that's why both the Vega and 20 series sold out on release even though neither represented immediate value in performance as a product.    Have the best of the best is very appealing and if you have the cash why not. It keeps the world turning.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

36 minutes ago, mr moose said:

I have to admit, as much as it is mostly a marketing thing (because what you get is not really worth the extra dollars), but the black edition and the 8086 both are appealing to me.

But is the heatspreader actually black? like those early marketing pitches for Ryzen Pro? Now THAT would be a sure buy for me ^^

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

3 minutes ago, Nicnac said:

But is the heatspreader actually black? like those early marketing pitches for Ryzen Pro? Now THAT would be a sure buy for me ^^

I don't know if there's any physical difference.  I liked the name phenom too.  I wish they revived it instead of ryzen.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

11 minutes ago, mr moose said:

I don't know if there's any physical difference.  I liked the name phenom too.  I wish they revived it instead of ryzen.

I still have my phenom 1055t. Love that cpu. it was so good when it came out and still works pretty well. I feel like the 2600 is the true successor of the 1055t :) 

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

It's a nice addition. It's great to get a bundled cooler rated for 200W dissipation with their processors. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

if buying X models I buy a significantly better air cooler. at least a 150 to 200w unit if not a 250+

If I hadn't already bought my evga clc 280 yesterday, this is what would have pushed me to amd. I would've picked up the 2700, but I already have the water cooler so looks like I'll stick with Intel

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

On 11/26/2018 at 3:52 PM, 1kv said:

Yeah. Part of the fact that Intel CPUs are more common than AMD is because of AMD's bad marketing skills. 

Seriously, when's the last time you saw an AMD ad? Sure, Intel don't run that many ads but it's still more than AMD...

At this point Intel doesn't really need to. It would be like Amazon running an AD to promote people to use their site.

On 11/26/2018 at 4:52 PM, 1kv said:

Seriously, when's the last time you saw an AMD ad? Sure, Intel don't run that many ads but it's still more than AMD...

Ive certainly overheard Intel's ads (or ads mentioning Intel) with whatever my grandma is watching...
As for an AMD ad...  Well my friend actually saw this ad at the San Jose Airport this summer.

tIGFSlxSdQeixhgK.jpg

(And one that said "Xeon Ruled. So did Dinosaurs." )

5 minutes ago, Sypran said:

Ive certainly overheard Intel's ads (or ads mentioning Intel) with whatever my grandma is watching...
As for an AMD ad...  Well my friend actually saw this ad at the San Jose Airport this summer.

I find AMD's marketing like this extremely petty.

instead of bashing the competition, actually market your product on it's own merits. it's what i hate about political campaigns. it's not about what they do, it's about what the competition does that is "bad". Also AMD has balls to market like that given how long and how far they were behind intel in pretty much every single way.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

1 minute ago, Arika S said:

I find AMD's marketing like this extremely petty.

instead of bashing the competition, actually market your product on it's own merits. it's what i hate about political campaigns. it's not about what they do, it's about what the competition does that is "bad". Also AMD has balls to market like that given how long and how far they were behind intel in pretty much every single way.

Well it does state Epyc has more performance, more advanced security, and offers more value.
Lets face it though: 98% of people going through that airport will not know what AMD Epyc is, nor will it affect them. I think a lot of marketing teams would have trouble marketing for AMD, since even when AMD was at their best, Intel just always had more partners for whatever reason.

I wouldn't know how to market Ryzen, or Epyc, other then your getting good value, which is subjective and needs to be compared to a competitor.
Mean while Intel can always market on their history, which AMD... just cant. They couldn't even do it after their best possible time because they have if I recall always had less marketshare.

53 minutes ago, Sypran said:

And I thought American auto makers have desperate advertising. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

On 11/26/2018 at 2:35 PM, AluminiumTech said:

The Ryzen 5 2600X MAX should be retailing for £221.99 (£22 extra for a £65 worth Air Cooler).

The Ryzen 7 2700 MAX should be retailing for £285.49 (£15 extra for a £65 worth Air Cooler).

What are their speeds?

37 minutes ago, Sypran said:

I think a lot of marketing teams would have trouble marketing for AMD, since even when AMD was at their best, Intel just always had more partners for whatever reason.

very much related to bribery in the industry and bad marketing on AMD`s behalf.