Tech Youtubers accused of not disclosing Computex Sponsorships

49 minutes ago, it_dont_work said:

Bloke admits liability for defamation publicly? In the legal system we generally used to call those people fucking idiots. 

He's probably not the one being sued. I imagine Jay and anyone else filing a lawsuit will either go after Videocardz or the original source.

3 minutes ago, Derangel said:

He's probably not the one being sued. I imagine Jay and anyone else filing a lawsuit will either go after Videocardz or the original source.

No doubt that OG source will be priority. But he will still play a big part of the suit. First fired followed by suit against Videocardz and then they sue him. Hes not getting off easy. 

Fractal Josh gets to rent luxury vehicles, so what does it take to get him to come out to a booth? A goddamn cruise ship with legs? 

Spoiler

Image result for metal gear

Let's not give Josh ideas. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

4 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

Image result for metal gear

What's that from?

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

2 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

What's that from?

Icewind Dale. The Caverns of Mul'Dnath. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

1 minute ago, leadeater said:

Not if you don't use it ;)

image.thumb.png.8a533602e7744669ca47fe2b571bd155.png

That's your problem,  not mine :P 

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

15 hours ago, inthebrilliantblue said:

Do you own a business? Because if you did you would understand the implications of being slandered in such a way, even if it was "silly".

I don't think it's me that's misunderstanding here. It seems to be you that's misunderstanding what slander means. For it to be slander the accusation would have to be portraying the accused in certain way. The action which they are being accused of would need to be immoral or illegal or undesirable in some way.

The accusation being made here is that the YouTubers accepted payment to visit a booth at an event. What is so evil or immoral about that? (Bearing in mind that the accusation IS NOT that they accepted payment for favourable reviews or anything of the sort).

What we have here is an action which is entirely neutral in terms of legality, morality, and ethics. Just like the owning of a purple dog.

35 minutes ago, DezGalbie said:

I don't think it's me that's misunderstanding here. It seems to be you that's misunderstanding what slander means. For it to be slander the accusation would have to be portraying the accused in certain way. The action which they are being accused of would need to be immoral or illegal or undesirable in some way.

The accusation being made here is that the YouTubers accepted payment to visit a booth at an event. What is so evil or immoral about that? (Bearing in mind that the accusation IS NOT that they accepted payment for favourable reviews or anything of the sort).

What we have here is an action which is entirely neutral in terms of legality, morality, and ethics. Just like the owning of a purple dog.

Slander actually only needs to hurt the accused reputation not just be an accusation of crime. By making a false statement, an accusation, about a person or a company that is incorrect and damages their reputation that is slander and you can be legally challenged with potential damages sort.

Also what we are actually dealing with is defamation not slander, slander is spoken and defamation is written.

Libel laws are not as simple as owning a purple dog and morality and ethics are heavily taken in to account, because if you are a foundation that believes owning a purple dog is immoral then accusing a member of that foundation of owning a purple dog is either defamation or slander if you write it or say it edit: and it not be true.

Edit:

Also neither is it a requirement of the accuser to think what they are accusing is immoral or would consider slander or defamation, you are not the plaintiff and it is not for you to show the damages sort.

4 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Slander actually only needs to hurt the accused reputation not just be an accusation of crime. By making a false statement, an accusation, about a person or a company that is incorrect and damages their reputation that is slander you can be legally challenged with potential damages sort.

Also what we are actually dealing with is defamation not slander, slander is spoken and defamation is written.

Libel laws are not as simple as owning a purple dog and morality and ethics are heavily taken in to account, because if you are a foundation that believes owning a purple dog is immoral then accusing a member of that foundation of owning a purple dog is either defamation or slander if you write it or say it.

Where did I say it needs to be an accusation of a crime? Read my comment again. I explain how it needs to be an accusation of something illegal, immoral, or undesirable in some way. It doesn't have to be all 3.

But it certainly doesn't qualify as slander when you accuse someone of something which is none of the 3. Accepting payment to visit a booth at an event is not any of these things.

However, just like you want to misrepresent my comment to make it sound like I'm saying slander has to be an accusation of a crime, I'm sure you'll want to misrepresent the original accusation to make it sound like the YouTubers are being accused of something other than accepting payment to visit a booth at an event.

3 minutes ago, DezGalbie said:

Where did I say it needs to be an accusation of a crime? Read my comment again. I explain how it needs to be an accusation of something illegal, immoral, or undesirable in some way. It doesn't have to be all 3.

But it certainly doesn't qualify as slander when you accuse someone of something which is none of the 3. Accepting payment to visit a booth at an event is not any of these things.

However, just like you want to misrepresent my comment to make it sound like I'm saying slander has to be an accusation of a crime, I'm sure you'll want to misrepresent the original accusation to make it sound like the YouTubers are being accused of something other than accepting payment to visit a booth at an event.

You didn't and neither did I say you said it only needs to be a crime, I restated what slander is and you can read my edit for further as to why it is not actually your view or the accusers view that matters as to if it is slander or not.

6 minutes ago, DezGalbie said:

When a journalist presents a product without disclosing being paid to do so, it is being immoral, unethical and it is illegal all at the same time.  To accuse a journalist of doing so is slander, it damages their reputation and accuses them of failing to disclose conflicting financial relationships.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

4 minutes ago, mr moose said:

When a journalist presents a product without disclosing being paid to do so, it is being immoral, unethical and it is illegal all at the same time.  To accuse a journalist of doing so is slander, it damages their reputation and accuses them of failing to disclose conflicting financial relationships.

Yes, being accused of doing that would be slander.

But this IS NOT the accusation which was made. The accusation was that the YouTubers took payment to visit a booth at an event. The accusation WAS NOT that they took payment to present a product without disclosing that fact.

Is it illegal or immoral to accept payment to visit a booth? No, it is not.

Is it slander to accuse someone of taking payment to visit a booth? No, it is not.

14 minutes ago, DezGalbie said:

But this IS NOT the accusation which was made. The accusation was that the YouTubers took payment to visit a booth at an event. The accusation WAS NOT that they took payment to present a product without disclosing that fact.

Is it slander to accuse someone of taking payment to visit a booth? No, it is not.

You seriously can't see how there is no difference?  You are splitting hairs.  It is a slanderous act and can be taken to court under defamation laws.

EDIT:and you are ignoring the part where the viewer doesn't know they are watching paid content.

Defamation is a false statement presented as a fact that causes injury or damage to the character of the person it is about.

Another crucial part of a defamation case is that the person makes the false statement with a certain kind of intent. The statement must have been made with knowledge that it was untrue or with reckless disregard for the truth (meaning the person who said it questioned the truthfulness but said it anyhow). If the person being defamed is a private citizen and not a celebrity or public figure, defamation can also be proven when the statement was made with negligence as to determining its truth (the person speaking should have known it was false or should have questioned it). This means it is easier to prove defamation when you are a private citizen. There is a higher standard required if you are a public figure.

Linus has already said someone cancelled their floatplane due to this accusation.  Whilst that is only one example, it stands as evidence that any drop in viewers and revenue after such a claim is the result of such a claim.  There is no other way to spin this, it is a slanderous claim and because it is in writing it is also Libel and this bloke would have to prove it true in order to avoid losing any litigation brought to him.

https://www.legalzoom.com/articles/differences-between-defamation-slander-and-libel

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

10 minutes ago, DezGalbie said:

You really have no idea what you are talking about do you? Yes, it IS illegal to do that. Because it would count as sponsorship. For any of these people based in the US ALL sponsorship are REQUIRED to be exposed in a clear manner. That is the law. Beyond that, it is a breach of trust between the youtuber and their audience not to disclose such things, meaning that they accusation is attempting to say that they violated what is considered ethical practices for their job.

Yes it very much is slander to publicly state that they did that because that accusation is, in fact, accusing them of unethical and illegal (in some countries) actions.

1 hour ago, DezGalbie said:

It is when you know they already posted a video and know very well there is no disclosure.

Videos of coverage have been already uploaded to YT and have been seen by thousands of people. Claiming that they accepted payment for booth coverage when it's established that there was no disclosure of payments is a subject to slander defense because it implicates them in doing something ethically immoral and, like others pointed out, illegal.

Imagine a scenario where there is a youtuber who made a video of himself attending a party and showing that he was heavy drinking in that party (not an illegal act). 

Now imagine someone making a claim that they saw that youtuber driving a car from that party (driving a car is also not an illegal act).

That person can be slapped with a slander lawsuit because while drinking is not illegal and driving a car is also not illegal, driving under influence is. The accuser can't just say "I did not accuse him of driving under influence, I just said he was driving a car" and expect to get out on technicality.

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

13 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Beside I got a Dyson, and they are actually excellent vacuums. Doing research, i quickly discovered that vacuums that actually do a decent job, cost around the same price or more. I just opened BestBuy flyer last week, and noticed a Miele vacuum for 1000$ Canadian. I could buy 2x Dyson on special (well, not the battery ones, but the normal ones). And that is not some exception.. at 350$ Canadian you still have crap vacuum that does, at best, and OK job once all its filters are cleaned/replaced, but not comfortable to use, and reduce in suction rapidly.  Of course, the best is central system, but that is a different market. Anyway, my point is that Dyson does decent stuff that is all. It's not some crap product that is being pushed into our face wasting everyone's time... granted most people are younger audience and don't care about vacuums, but isn't that Dyson wasting its money?

Agreed. I actually bought a DC77 Cinetic for our cleaners work because the *industrial* ones we get for them from our contract partner are just absolute trash. No filter. No loss of suction, and they handle large debris as well or even better than a lot of industrial vacuums.

I loved their dyson piece, it was cool to see a bunch of the tech that goes into it and that's the kind of stuff I watch for, and pretty much the whole reason I subscribe for floatplane. I mean hell I don't even use hairdryers but I'd have loved to see an analysis of their Supersonic. That thing is freaking tech and design central. Heck even their fans would be neat to see a deep dive of. They're basically the Bose of their market, everything they touch is so over-engineered.

Is Miele a good quality vacuum though? I mean at their price and with the fact that they still use bags rather than cyclones, I figured they're just a status symbol. Like the Apple of appliance companies.

14 minutes ago, Sniperfox47 said:

Agreed. I actually bought a DC77 Cinetic for our cleaners work because the *industrial* ones we get for them from our contract partner are just absolute trash. No filter. No loss of suction, and they handle large debris as well or even better than a lot of industrial vacuums.

I loved their dyson piece, it was cool to see a bunch of the tech that goes into it and that's the kind of stuff I watch for, and pretty much the whole reason I subscribe for floatplane. I mean hell I don't even use hairdryers but I'd have loved to see an analysis of their Supersonic. That thing is freaking tech and design central. Heck even their fans would be neat to see a deep dive of. They're basically the Bose of their market, everything they touch is so over-engineered.

Is Miele a good quality vacuum though? I mean at their price and with the fact that they still use bags rather than cyclones, I figured they're just a status symbol. Like the Apple of appliance companies.

As someone with a Miele I can attest that they are some powerhouses, and they are extremely quiet. Also, if you are someone with respiratory issues, such as myself (Cystic Fibrosis), then you will like them over any bag-less vacuum due to the redundant levels of filtration they have. Also since the bags are self sealing, not having to be exposed to the contents when disposing of them is a plus.

16 minutes ago, Sniperfox47 said:

I have one of their corded vacuums with the bag and two filters.  It sucks so hard it is sometimes too hard to push along the carpet. Very good vacuum and I recommend them heaps.

EDIT: plus what @Dylanc1500 said, those two filters (one is a HEPA) make a huge difference for the amount of dust they throw around.

2 hours ago, Sniperfox47 said:

Heck even their fans would be neat to see a deep dive of.

I have their fan/air purifier and that's some good shit. And always a conversation starter whenever someone visits and is not aware of its existence ("where is the air coming from?") :D

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

3 hours ago, DezGalbie said:

he claimed you need to pay them in order for them to visit your booth which was proven false 

That person's twitter is back up.

And Jay seems to know who is actually is

https://twitter.com/JayzTwoCents/status/1007090818182598656

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

"Is by far the most expensive" ROFLMAO

==ECHELON (Main Rig)==

CPU | AMD Ryzen 7 1700x @ 3.4 GHz
Mobo | Asus ROG Strix X370-F Gaming

GPU | Sapphire NITRO+ RX-580

RAM | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 2133

SSD | Plextor 512GB

HDD | 3x WD Black 3TB

PSU | EVGA 750G2

Case | Fractal Design Define R6

Disp | 2 x Acer K242HQL

Keys | Corsair K70 RGB Mk2, MX-Red

Mouse | Logitech M215v2 Wireless

==Snow (Server)==

APU | AMD A6-5400K

Mobo | ASRock FM2-A88XM

RAM | 4GB Kingston ValuRAM

SSD | 120GB Adata

HDD | 2x Toshiba 3TB, 3x Hitachi 2TB

PSU | EVGA 600B

Case | Cooler Master N300

==DISHFIRE (laptop)==

MODEL | Asus X550IU "Signature Edition" (whatever that means)

APU | AMD FX-9830P with Radeon R7 Graphics
GPU | Radeon RX-460

SSD | Mushkin Triactor 500GB

HDD | 1x HGST 1TB