[UPDATED 2] - Nvidia GPP shows its first victim

I don't know but did AMD hurt themself by allowing mining on their GPU's? Yes, mining helped them to earn money but it seemss

in the end it's only hurting themself and their GPU's still got overhyped. AMD GPU's however performs really good on DX12 but

there are not that many DX12 games that are worth the upgrade or whatever it is but if AMD only focus on mining craze, shit gets serious one day.

We have come to a point nVidia is now for gaming and AMD for mining.

nVidia is not stupid, they know about the Intel tactics to bribe dumb companies and thus nVidia makes it for sure they can't be accused

unless AMD got iron hard proofs they lost sales.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

51 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

I don't agree with MSI here,don't like their cards either lol but the article claiming "sub-par" is rather clickbait when MSI stated "ahead of the GPU experience". Does MSI India's social media even speak for all of MSI? They aren't totally wrong about Nvidia being ahead when AMD cards are better for mining at the inflated prices.

I do not believe this is for ALL of MSI, and I think someone will probably lose their job for this post. I don't think the individual writing on the FB post has the authority to speak on behalf of the company in that manner.

I still see MSI Gaming X AMD cards on their website, and can still find them on Amazon. I can find other "gaming" cards as well, such as Strix OC. Where is this impact supposed to be? I've read up on all of the hype, listened to the YouTube videos, but still see AMD gaming marketed cards else where.

And as far as the statement about Intel, I'm assuming this is due to the new Intel CPU's having integrated AMD GPU? Cannot have these CPU's marketed as gaming ready since it isn't NVIDIA integrated?

1 hour ago, Ryujin2003 said:

I still see MSI Gaming X AMD cards on their website

Last I checked though you had to search for them, they do not show up on the AMD GPU product pages on the site unless that's fixed?

On 3/21/2018 at 4:14 AM, TopHatProductions115 said:

This is pretty fishy on nVIDIA's part. I don't like the looks of this move one bit.

Looks as though AMD will have to make its own gamer branding for 3rd-party use...

They should call it 'Radeon' 

26 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Last I checked though you had to search for them, they do not show up on the AMD GPU product pages on the site unless that's fixed?

No, you do have to go directly to them. No AMD shows up on their page by default. Everything is officially 1080 focused.

3 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

No, you do have to go directly to them. No AMD shows up on their page by default. Everything is officially 1080 focused.

No I'm talking specifically AMD Gaming X cards

RBsNXM.jpg

Zero RX 580 Gaming X cards using the product pages for AMD.

UQLwD1.jpg

However they clearly exist or did exist and no longer do.

42 minutes ago, leadeater said:

-snip-

its all a bit fucked up for them, i can see them, but for me amd cards dont show under amd gpus, only nvidia

msi.png

1 hour ago, hobobobo said:

its all a bit fucked up for them, i can see them, but for me amd cards dont show under amd gpus, only nvidia

Weird just tried to do the same and didn't work for me, maybe their site is just broken lol

7 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Weird just tried to do the same and didn't work for me, maybe their site is just broken lol

Maybe just different countries.    So far MSI are the only company that have hidden any form of AMD gaming on their website here.  Asus still have ROG strix rx 580 gaming on their landing page for ADM GPU's.  there are no retailers that have had their stocks vanish overnight (but then the market here is a bit different and stock doesn't just sell out straight away). 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

15 minutes ago, mr moose said:

Maybe just different countries.    So far MSI are the only company that have hidden any form of AMD gaming on their website here.  Asus still have ROG strix rx 580 gaming on their landing page for ADM GPU's.  there are no retailers that have had their stocks vanish overnight (but then the market here is a bit different and stock doesn't just sell out straight away). 

Probably that, on the global website "amd gpu's" defaults to vega 64 but all the gaming x variants of 580 are not show

1 minute ago, hobobobo said:

Probably that, on the global website "amd gpu's" defaults to vega 64 but all the gaming x variants of 580 are not show

On the aussie website all the AMD variants are represented in a ROG strix version on the first page.

I wonder if it has always been like this and no one really noticed until this.  I mean companies do put their best sellers forward in all cases.  the items with the biggest returns get priority of market resources.  Is there any reason to assume this would have been happening. I just used the wayback machine on MSI's global site and found plenty of 1080 Gaming cards but nothing from AMD.  Can some others use it and see if I did something wrong or if they never were actually fully promoted?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

On 3/21/2018 at 5:29 PM, DragonTamer1 said:

I don't think AMD can take legal action until they have some kind of argument that his has hurt their sales of cards. It would take a while and they would have to look and see how much sales have dropped off from partners around the time that GPP was implemented. If it is a substantial amount, Nvidia could have very serious legal action taken against them.

Personally, I'm no the side of not seeing how this really benefits the market in any meaningful way. Sure the partners are supposedly getting priority access to chips, but if every company is getting priority access, does it continue to be priority access or will Nvidia just make up something else to try and pull them in even more. Nvidia has an overwhelmingly large percentage of the market share (not that AMD has been super competitive as of late) but 99% of gamers and probably well over 90% of tech people would recommend something like a 1060 over a 580, assuming that the gamers are even aware that such a card exists (or even for that matter a company exists).

Example, when my brother was looking to upgrade his computer I opted for a new AMD card over the GTX 970 he was looking at. The reason being that he wanted high refresh rate gaming and couldn't afford a super powerful card (Overwatch and CS:GO are the only two games he really plays). I opted for AMD to get a high refresh FreeSync monitor for the games he can't push those high frame rates. He was unaware that there was even another company in the market that made cards.

When you have a situation like this, do you really need the GPP? Your only competition is already unable to compete at the same level. It just seems like Nvidia is spending more money and time to hobble AMDs forward movement to catch up than they are actually trying to move forward themselves.

The only way that can happen is if its false advertising that hurt their sales.  Just taking away market share because of advertising and exclusive promotion which are due to branding can't be all they go to court with.  Because AMD can ask for the same thing if partners want to do exclusive branding for their products too.  Again advertising is never anti competitive/ anti trust, even when attached to exclusivity, unless it stops the sale of competitor products to AIB's which it doesn't. 

Yes nV doesn't need this right now, but its to squeeze AMD out of the gaming market and give them no ability to penetrate with any future products via marketing.  You think rx580 would have done that well if the press saw what the gtx1060 did prior before the rx580 launch?  Serious fanfare going on prior to the gtx 1060 launch.  I don't even see how anyone can give a silver award to the rx580 if the gtx 1060 was launched prior.  But since the gtx 1060 launched after, the rx 580 looked like a good card, same performance and power usage as a gtx 970 with more memory and a hundred bucks less, looks great for a generation leap right?  Outside of the power consumption.  But that is what helped sell rx 580's, because the reviews were good.  Advertising sells to the masses.  It doesn't sell to informed consumers.

If the products can speak for themselves, then the marketing angle dies but to get over that with people that don't know the Radeon or Geforce brand vs the ROG or what ever brand its going to be the problem (I don't see this branding hurt here though), I see it hurting much more in the OEM space with prebuilt systems.  We haven't seen those gaming brands going exclusive yet.

People that buy only ROG products, or what ever high end brand, seriously, with Pascal, those cheap cooler cards boost and over clock just as well as the highest of the highest cards anyways, its really a waste of money.  For AMD though, because they are now out of those brands, I am not sure if the broad quality is still the same on their partner custom cards.  One has to look into that. If they are the same quality components there should be no issues at all. 

Are their differences in warranties between the high end brands and the others?  Gotta look into that too.

There can be many levels of ramifications with GPP, and adverting and marketing is just the surface, but they aren't illegal and the other ramifications will be done by partner choices, possibly to cut down costs.

Good for sapphire xfx and powercolour i guess

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Aslong ASUS keeps the card desgin for AMD cards, i don't care about the small strix on the backplate missing on  AMD cards. ( Didn't saw any informations about that, so correct me if there is any information)

Clearly the companys selling out to nvidia, what can we do against it? Nothing. We all want Aftermarketcards as soon as possible after release, to get better performance or another card desgin.

BTW:

https://www.asus.com/de/Graphics-Cards/AMD-Series-Products/

Has still Strix in the name of AMD cards.

GPU: ROG STRIX-RX480-O8G-GAMING @1350Mhz 1.156V //// CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 @3,6Ghz //// MOBO: Gigabyte GA-AB350-Gaming 3 ROG STRIX B350-F GAMING //// PSU: CX550

Memory: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX LP DDR4 3200mhz (runing 3000mhz 16/18/18/36 T2)

OS: Win 10 64bit //// Full setup: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/BGHqdX

MSI have fixed their website and AMD Gaming X cards show up in the GPU filter list again, for those interested.

On 3/25/2018 at 6:59 PM, Pohernori said:

Good for sapphire xfx and powercolour i guess

They don't make nvidia cards. ?

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Who cares about the box as long as the cooling and components are there

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

6 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Who cares about the box as long as the cooling and components are there

The average consumer.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

11 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

The average consumer.

People keep missing that huge point... Average joe doesn't check for all for that, they see  "gaming" on the box and they buy it and they out number us informed folk by a lot.

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

Just now, XenosTech said:

People keep missing that huge point... Average joe doesn't check for all for that, they see  "gaming" on the box and they buy it and they out number us informed folk by a lot.

Indeed. If branding meant nothing we wouldn't have trademarks and everything would come in a generic box with a simple concise label.

1 hour ago, Drak3 said:

The average consumer.

No the average consumer would care more about the packaging and the gamer name where as people who know tech aren't going to care about a flashy box if they know the components and cooling are up to par.

1 hour ago, XenosTech said:

^this

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

36 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

No the average consumer would care more about the packaging and the gamer name where as people who know tech aren't going to care about a flashy box if they know the components and cooling are up to par.

^this

A) Thanks for elaborating and supporting my point, even though you're trying to argue against it.

B) Xenos is reaffirming my point with a short elaboration.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

5 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

A) Thanks for elaborating and supporting my point, even though you're trying to argue against it.

B) Xenos is reaffirming my point with a short elaboration.

Think you don't understand what I was saying. Nothing I said would indicate that I'm the "average consumer" and would just look at the box. Wasn't arguing your point, was arguing that, that's not how I buy a gpu and that's not what I care about. Was talking about me specifically when I made my post. I could care less about anyone else or the way the market goes as long as it doesn't effect me too much. I'm a Nvidia shill so AMD getting the shaft with poor people boxes for their gaming cards doesn't bother me.