Is Floatplane worth it to you? [Poll]

Just now, Legendarypoet said:

Preferably Floatcoin.

Which is based on an algo that you can only mine with zip-tied coolers and RGB.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

Just now, Energycore said:

I heard it's threadripper friendly, but only with a 10 year old chiller strapped on.

using an external poll option... must be a phishing scam

Main Rig | Personal Build | Windows 10 | R7 2700x 3.7~4.3ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B450-I | 16gb DDR4 3200mhz | GTX 1080 FE | Coolermaster Elite 130 | Corsair H60 | WD Blue SN500 500GB NVMe SSD + 1tb WD Green HDD + 1tb WD Blue HDD

Laptop | HP m6-w102dx | Windows 10 | i7-5500u 2.4~3.0ghz | 8gb DDR3L | GT 930m 2gb| 120gb Sandisk SSD

Phone | Pixel 3 | Verizon | 64gb

7 hours ago, Energycore said:

The zip-tie market is gonna go through the roof...

So I got FP in August of 2017 but I think I will not renew it. I still think FP is a great thing especially because most comments and the comment system on youtube is just crap but I just don't "use" FP that much to justify it. The money is not the problem I paid for a year so it was even cheaper but if I watch it on FP or youtube I don't care. I don't use the forum that often that it's worth ~25 €. So if I have to wait a bit to see SYW or other episodes I don't really mind.

The whole behind the scenes up until now was nice but also not worth the money imho. But then if someone does comment on every video why not. Live and let live.

topic asks if FP is worth it. Adds poll and doesn't ask if you think its worth it.... yup great poll.

FP is worth it for me as long as i can download the video's. If i can't do that anymore i'd have to watch the video's on my pc which is dont want to do cuz i rarely think of watching video's while on my pc :P.

I have no signature

To be frank, I very rarely look at the Floatplane section of the forum, I do from time to time have a dabble, but very rarely. To me, it's more about providing support to a bunch of creators that I enjoy watching outside of the conventional methods of support (YouTube etc).

If my small donation each month to Linus and his cracking team of staff enables them to carry on making videos about topics I am passionate about, I'm happy.

“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
― Charles Bukowski

Desktop | Intel Core i5 - 7600k | ASUS Strix B250F | MSI GeForce GTX 1080Ti x Gaming 11G | 256GB Samsung Evo | x2 WD Blue 1TB | Corsair Vengeance LPX (2x8GB)

Mini Desktop | Mac Mini | Core i7 2.3GHz | 8GB RAM | 1TB HDD x2

Laptop | MacBook Pro 13in w/Touch bar (2016) | Intel Core i7 | 8GB LPDDR3 | 1TB SSD

Laptop | Lenovo Thinkpad Edge | Intel Core i5 | 16GB DDR3 | 256GB SSD

Peripherals | Razer Chroma Orbweaver | Magic Mouse 2 | Corsair K70 RGB | Logitech G402 | Blue Snowball | Logitech G922 | Logitech Artemis Spectrum G933

Galaxy Tab S2 - used as a media streamer, more often abused by my 1 year old son.

1 hour ago, lewdicrous said:

The zip-tie market is gonna go through the roof...

You won't be able to buy any good strong zip-ties at MSRP anymore.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

1 hour ago, Energycore said:

You won't be able to buy any good strong zip-ties at MSRP anymore.

s-l1600.jpg

Just listed a floatcoin mining starter kit on ebay for $1,500.

14 hours ago, LinusTech said:

We are adding more payment options and bringing back yearly subscriptions as soon as we can!

If you have an active yearly subscription it will renew automatically.

I shared this on your poll, but I think people also forget that Floatplane is another way to support a content creator you enjoy. Same way I think of Discord nitro... I spend a large portion of my days chatting there, so I pay the $5 to support Discord and have a few cool perks. For me, Floatplane is a lot like that. I enjoy both @bitwitand LMG content, so I pay $3 a month and support them. On top of that, we get a private pilot chat in Discord which is nice because sometimes it's calmer and more sensical than our general chat. Oh, and we're blue on discord.

7 hours ago, SlipperyPete said:

using an external poll option... must be a phishing scam

I'm not phishing anyone. I just hate the LTT poll thingy.

5 minutes ago, dronebynsa said:

I shared this on your poll, but I think people also forget that Floatplane is another way to support a content creator you enjoy. Same way I think of Discord nitro... I spend a large portion of my days chatting there, so I pay the $5 to support Discord and have a few cool perks. For me, Floatplane is a lot like that. I enjoy both @bitwitand LMG content, so I pay $3 a month and support them. On top of that, we get a private pilot chat in Discord which is nice because sometimes it's calmer and more sensical than our general chat. Oh, and we're blue on discord.

I see you like color. Yeah and I like supporting companies I like. LMG and Discord are the top two.

13 minutes ago, Ryois said:

I'm not phishing anyone. I just hate the LTT poll thingy.

i was just kidding lmao

Main Rig | Personal Build | Windows 10 | R7 2700x 3.7~4.3ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B450-I | 16gb DDR4 3200mhz | GTX 1080 FE | Coolermaster Elite 130 | Corsair H60 | WD Blue SN500 500GB NVMe SSD + 1tb WD Green HDD + 1tb WD Blue HDD

Laptop | HP m6-w102dx | Windows 10 | i7-5500u 2.4~3.0ghz | 8gb DDR3L | GT 930m 2gb| 120gb Sandisk SSD

Phone | Pixel 3 | Verizon | 64gb

it's worth it to me, I mean it only costs the same as like say, a cup of coffee a month, and you get ad free videos (sometimes early) and get to support them. win win. 

I am looking forward to the future website when its done (it's not so great yet), but for now I guess things work okay on the fourm.

I think it would be cool if Floatplane did a weekly live video, like the WAN show, but a floatplane members only show.

let me know when he yearly subscription is ready, I'll switch mine over :)

2 minutes ago, LinusTech said:

Hoping to, but it won't be at launch.

Ayyy... Maybe any chance of Dogecoin? Maybe I'll never get rid of it...

Used to be everywhere in LTT forums, had a break which lasted apparently 1 year LOL. 

Gonna get up againnnn.

Wake me up if I sleep again like Oppy. 

Just now, SimpleTechVids said:

Ayyy... Maybe any chance of Dogecoin? Maybe I'll never get rid of it...

why would you ever xD

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

7 minutes ago, LinusTech said:

Hoping to, but it won't be at launch.

Think the price will come down after it goes up as more members join and it becomes more profitable? If there was more techy tubers on it, and I got access to them all for the monthly fee, I'd say up to $5 would be a steal and well worth it if (probably up to $10) there was more available (folks like NurdRage, AvE and Gamers Nexus would definitely secure my complete loyal and render you tube almost dead to me for example, though I'm not sure people like AvE or Nurd Rage would join)

Yours faithfully

im pretty much all for it, creators get pretty screwed by youtube from what i can tell, so its nice if they can have another place to go. with that said though, i will never pay for it as i see it now because im a cheap ass and i dont care enough about the people on it and id rather watch with adds for free than on floatplane early

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

9 hours ago, Eduard the weeb said:

why would you ever xD

I love Dogecoin xD And would more than willing to pay for subscription in it too :)

With that, I'll likely pay for a year when the new system comes into play.

I wanna pay in """"""Linuscoin"""""", Seriously though I pay the $2.99/month to support the great work that the LMG team do. They do great videos with a good mix of content and, even for me at the ripe old age of 50, I can learn about new things (maybe not Klingon though). I know there's revenue from Youtube but it must cost a fortune to produce quality videos, employ staff, pay the bills and so on.......

Keep up the good work team, come up with new ideas for FP and you'll get my money each month ;-))