PUBG struggles to hit 30 fps on console release (lol)

ItsMitch
10 hours ago, Thony said:

possibly for more strategic/real gameplay compared to arcady H1Z1 or other attempts in BattleRoyal category.

If we are talking about realistic-ness then there is one version that is more realistic, Arma-based BR. 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

With how poorly it runs on high end computers even, what was expected here? 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

As someone who only dabbles in pc gaming, I can say that xbox gamers really don't mind the graphics or FPS, as long as its playable and enjoyable. Having never fully experienced ultra graphics there is not much of a comparison for console gamers to draw. I find the game fun and think it was worth my money. Also, it is in Microsoft's Game Preview (Early Access) program.

20 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

With how poorly it runs on high end computers even, what was expected here? 

I can get a minimum 35FPS with hyper threading off and an R7 360 on test servers? People with 7700ks and 1080s getting 140FPS on test servers? In a game with a map so big and 100 people playing at once, what do you expect plus the game blowing up. They likely never suspected to get much more fame but here they are, 1.5 million people playing the game right now.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

29 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

If we are talking about realistic-ness then there is one version that is more realistic, Arma-based BR. 

Yes but that is a mod and not as simple as “launch and play”. Plus it runs terribly haha. 

We just have to give blueballs more time to polish the game. I dont see anyone making something better anytime soon. 

Imo next step is VR BR (in 10 years maybe...)

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Npt surprised as the consoles have a very weak CPU and this game lacks any CPU optimization.

18 hours ago, Vegetable said:

Pretty much. I'd say those Jaguar chips are in the range of FX IPC, so 1.8Ghz on that would be like 900mhz for equivalent performance on skylake or newer

Jaguar actually has ~70% of fx ipc... 

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

i know that console gamers don't expect much but releasing a game with 12fps is just simply not acceptable.

ITT: people hating PUBG just to hate PUBG.

Its a fun game. Get over it. Jesus.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

17 minutes ago, Coaxialgamer said:

Jaguar actually has ~70% of fx ipc... 

Aka, its worse than that of Wolfdale, which dates back to 2007/2008 (my Xeon X5450 at 4.4GHz has its single threaded speed matched by an FX 8350/8320 at 5.2-5.3GHz).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

13 minutes ago, Brainless906 said:

ITT: people hating PUBG just to hate PUBG.

Its a fun game. Get over it. Jesus.

Releasing a game that can barely run, don't think anyone wants to leave it.

19 hours ago, SC2Mitch said:

Don't understand why release it in "early access" on console when they can barely make it run well on the PC.

the new update it actually runs pretty good. before the CPU Bottle necked pretty decently if you didn't have  an i5 or better.

Im able to get 4k ultra 60fps with my GTX 1080/ i5 4690k  and my friend can get 60fps ultra/high with a 1050TI now.  

7 minutes ago, SC2Mitch said:

This console thing is stupid i'll agree. these kind of games are a massive undertaking to run and have no place on a console. Try running arma 3 on a console and see how it goes.

but it runs perfectly fine on pc (though it could always be better) and the gameplay is fun.

the cool thing to do all over the internet (and all over this thread) is to say the game is and always has been shit and "idk why anyone plays it"

People play it because its a fun game. Stop being so goddamn contrarian.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

I'm just gunna leave this here... XB1X users enjoy.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

17 hours ago, Thony said:

Because of streamers and possibly for more strategic/real gameplay compared to arcady H1Z1 or other attempts in BattleRoyal category.

I tried playing H1Z1 after 6 momths and that game’s weapon mechanics have gone to shit for me. Bullet drop and recoil out of control. I loved H1Z1 before Z2 map and shortly after. In fact I played nothing else for a long time.

I mean, i love realism, ffs i watch MxR, but that type of realism is cringey.

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

I'm lonely, PM me to be my friend!

Oh by the way for console users, dunno which, if you plug in a keyboard and press O while playing a match it brings up the graphic settings which they probs left in from the pc port idk if this was intentional or not as I don't own a console.

I am not at all surprised by this.

This is an early access game, and it struggles even more modern systems.

AMD Jaguar is a mobile derivative of bulldozer, and the fact that the GCN 1.0 GPU being leveraged is memory bandwidth starved as the xbox one uses 8GB of DDR3 shared, including the GPU.

I am also not surprised by the One X having problems, since it's just a faster clocked AMD Jaguar on that SoC. All of the GPU and additional memory in the world isn't going to do too much with weak IPC, even clocked up a few hundred additional mhz.

You'd think that they would have gotten this working better for console, because only two SKUs, but it is what it is.

Oh, and that slow HDD isn't helping either.

Desktop:

AMD Ryzen 7 @ 3.9ghz 1.35v w/ Noctua NH-D15 SE AM4 Edition

ASUS STRIX X370-F GAMING Motherboard

ASUS STRIX Radeon RX 5700XT

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 3200

Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVME

2x4TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs

Corsair RM850X

Be Quiet Silent Base 800

Elgato HD60 Pro

Sceptre C305B-200UN Ultra Wide 2560x1080 200hz Monitor

Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum Keyboard

Logitech G903 Mouse

Oculus Rift CV1 w/ 3 Sensors + Earphones

Laptop:

Acer Nitro 5:

Intel Core I5-8300H

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 2666

Geforce GTX 1050ti 4GB

Intel 600p 256GB NVME

Seagate Firecuda 2TB SSHD

Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum

guessing fortnite is going to say king of battle royale on console

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

15 hours ago, SC2Mitch said:

Epic Games, the friends who made Fortnite would say differently because Fortnite runs smooth as butter, Bluehole are just shit. 

Also paragon would hugely disagree with you on that part. That game ran like total ass for months when it launched, no matter what your settings were it was hard as hell to keep 60 fps in that and it's a god damn moba

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

4 minutes ago, XenosTech said:

Also paragon would hugely disagree with you on that part. That game ran like total ass for months when it launched, no matter what your settings were it was hard as hell to keep 60 fps in that and it's a god damn moba

Its kinda like when games are in development they are not optimized.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

1 minute ago, The Benjamins said:

Its kinda like when games are in development they are not optimized.

It's not like it's a case like bf3, bf4, bf1 and r6 that launched as full AAA titles and had a fuck ton of problems after being developed and tested for years but ya know you forked out $60 for a triple A title so it's K, but fuck the indie guy who has his game in early access

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

1 hour ago, Jon Jon said:

I am not at all surprised by this.

This is an early access game, and it struggles even more modern systems.

AMD Jaguar is a mobile derivative of bulldozer, and the fact that the GCN 1.0 GPU being leveraged is memory bandwidth starved as the xbox one uses 8GB of DDR3 shared, including the GPU.

I am also not surprised by the One X having problems, since it's just a faster clocked AMD Jaguar on that SoC. All of the GPU and additional memory in the world isn't going to do too much with weak IPC, even clocked up a few hundred additional mhz.

You'd think that they would have gotten this working better for console, because only two SKUs, but it is what it is.

Oh, and that slow HDD isn't helping either.

Actually, Jaguar is a design entirely independent of Bulldozer (and variants) meant to compete against CPUs such as the Intel Atom. Jaguar was used in low end APUs such as Kabini, while the Bulldozer/Piledriver line was used in the larger Temash APU.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

23 hours ago, Ashiella said:

WhydopeopleevenlikePUBG

The idea of running around an 8km x 8km map that can be going smooth as butter and change in an instant. The thrill of running around an area with 15 people dropped and knowing you have a chance to be the one alive out of it. It's what you make of it. In the end, it's a 1v99 or 2v98 or 4v96. The fact that you have the ability to overcome dozens of other people is amazing and learning tactical strategy and the gunplay is simple, Pull down to compensate for recoil, hitting that 400m Headshot with a KarK or the thrill of going to a crate KNOWING someone is very likely waiting for you to stop moving to hit you with a head shot.

23 hours ago, ChickenCake248 said:

I mean it's awfully optimized on PC and the Xbox One (and One X) are basically PC's

23 hours ago, spdmnadam said:

Agreed it think it is probably just to get tons of testing data and make more cash in the meantime. This game hasn't even officially released on PC yet it has been Early Access all this time and still gained popularity amid bugs similar to what Xbox is seeing now. 

23 hours ago, spdmnadam said:

I have heard that the early access version is not finished and some are hopeful the performance will improve. It is hilarious to see firefights as the FPS crashes and its just a hope and a prayer currently. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylyy-y4Sfmw 

22 hours ago, Vegetable said:

EXACTLY! My 4790k/Fury holds 45-50fps minimum, which is awful imo I hate <60fps, and I KNOW how much faster my i7 is than anything in any console, and my Fury is pretty much better in every way than the GPU in the 1x (-power efficiency.) I don't know how they thought the OG xbones with the 1.8ghz jaguar chips and <HD 7790 GPU's would even do 1080p 30fps. 

22 hours ago, MyName13 said:

Why is it so badly optimised anyway?They are using UE4 according to wikipedia so it's not because of their own crappy engine, can't they hire decent developers?

22 hours ago, 2Buck said:

Not surprised, this game runs like ass in general. It's an unpolished laggy mess and is clearly unfinished. Also makes me sad that it was almost GOTY, kinda telling about the state of gaming and how low the bar is.

I like laughing at consoles more than the next guy, but go easy on them this time around. xD

When was the last game most of you even touched the game? How do you think a GTA V Survival mode would be like with 100 people running around all picking up guns, ammo, armor ect. The current live servers have been hardly touched, some minor network and anti-cheat changes, nothing major. The Test Servers, with my 6700k WITH HT OFF and an R7 360, taking into consideration that my PC is bloated to all hell and has been managed well, can get a MINIMUM of 35FPS which is DURING the initial drop which many of you should know, when 100 people are all jumping out, landing, picking up loot and having gun fights, driving vehicles ect, the strain that puts on a network ESPECIALLY considering if you believe for one moment that they expected even 1/4 of the fame they have gotten, you are wrong. In NO WAY shape OR FORM were they prepared to tackle AN AVERAGE of 1-1.4 MILLION people playing since October, hitting 1.5  million concurrently back in September. Is the game perfect? No. Though, they have taken great steps and have as far as I am concerned, kept their word on further optimization, new guns, a new map for the 1.0 Release. You all bitch and moan but be happy this isn't another DayZ, or Rust or countless other EA titles. They are using UE4 yes, how many games on UE4 are an 8 km x 8km map, with 100 in at once? Fortnite? The style of fortnite is extremely cartoony, they don't have vehicles, the amount of items that spawn isn't nearly as many as PUBG as they a lot of the items are put in "chest" and loot for Fortnite is the same every game, if a gun spawns in one location, SOMETHING will spawn there next game and it isn't as diverse. The size of their map isn't NEARLY as big as PUBG's. Run from N - S or E - W in PUBG, then do it in Fortnite. It is much quicker in Fortnite.

22 hours ago, Max_Settings said:

The bigger problem is the control scheme on Xbox is terrible. Not saying there is a better way to do it, but there are too many things in PUBG with the inventory system and other functions that are meant to be done with a mouse and keyboard. It doesn't work on a controller.

This is why it is on whatever preview thing Xbox uses, to get feedback. It is clearly stated the game isn't done and the feedback you give them is worth more than the hundreds of people bitching on reddit.

22 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

People give the consoles a lot of shit but this is 100% idiotic devs that can’t optimize for shit. 

22 hours ago, Drak3 said:

So, significantly better than expected?

22 hours ago, Yoinkerman said:

#earlyaccessmeansfullreleasestopmakingexcuses

22 hours ago, NvidiaIntelAMDLoveTriangle said:

Honestly I applaud the Xbox for even being able to run it. Not because the game is so beautifully made with the best graphics that not even reality itself can match, but because the game isn't that impressive at all and it runs horribly even on PC's that make the Xbox look like a child's toy.

To even be able to run it, is a win for the Xbox.

Achievement unlocked. Running PUBG on a potato.

21 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

I'm never going to buy PUBG because I'm not forking over my money for an unfinished product. Devs should finish the game first, then release it.

21 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

Then they shouldn't expect people to pay for it in alpha. It's pretty common sense to finish a game before you put it on sale.

14 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

Can they hide behind "lol early access don't care!" on consoles as well?

21 hours ago, AresKrieger said:

Its been almost 2 years of development, what are you talking about? Also they used a an engine that allows for quick input in addition to using pre-made assets, they likely are never going to fix this game but it really wont matter to them as they made the money up front.

It's a damn shocker it ran to begin with and it shows that there is PLENTY of improvement to be made. "GAME PREVIEW EDITION" clearly on the box PUBG is sold on. "GAME IS A WORK IN PROGRESS" is clearly on the box. A ton of AAA games that ARE WELL OPTIMIZED and release with few issues, take 3-5 years to develop. Many games that have been in development for less than that, release a ton of game breaking bugs, poorly optimized ect (AC is a big example of this), Mass Effect:A being another. PUBG has been in develop for I believe 2 years, it's been in Early Access for just under 9 months and I don't know how long the Beta/Alpha was. The only questionable thing they have done is Gamescon crates, they went a period ONCE where they weren't communication with us and were giving us nothing and people complained about that, since then they have been clear of issues, what they WANT to do and they have given us what they said they would for 1.0 release. "BUT BUT IT'S BEEN DELAYED" Oh, so AAA games haven't been delayed before? In terms of optimization and such, check the quote above.

20 hours ago, Dabombinable said:

A game that hammers mid to low end CPU hard, runs badly on an extremely low end APU. No big surprise.

I have friends who 3 months ago couldn't run the game with an FX 6300 and GTX 1050. Now, he runs the game just fine. It shows they are making steps to optimize, test servers are running GREAT on PC. I highly doubt many of those optimizations have made it to Xbox. Microsoft has provided them the resources needed to make the game run well. Maybe it won't run well on the original Xbox One, but the Xxox X is very likely to get a steady 30FPS by "Full Release"

20 hours ago, linustouchtips said:

the highest i got was 6th in PUBG i figured that was the closest to beating the game and uninstalled. not sure how its still doing this well theres not a ton of action unless you are full on suicidal or a god.

How long did you put into the game? 12 hours? It takes hundreds of hours for people to become good at games. "Full on suicidal or a god". I'd not consider myself good by any means but I can drop School, a place where often 10 people drop and come out alive. It's what you make it to be. If you think your win with 2 kills is an accomplishment, good on you. If you think any win with less than 10 kills was a waste of time then you have great goals. "Beating" the game? You don't "Beat" PUBG. How many competitive games have you actually played?

17 hours ago, SC2Mitch said:

Epic Games, the friends who made Fortnite would say differently because Fortnite runs smooth as butter, Bluehole are just shit. 

3 hours ago, SC2Mitch said:

I'll again state that live servers aren't in any terms what the 1.0 release will be like. Test servers are running "smooth as butter" in terms of FPS. Fortnite, as above was stated is an extremely small map in comparison and the way their system of looting works, no vehicles and the simplicity of the weapon tiers make it run this good. There is a group of people who like fortnite, there is a group of people who like PUBG. Though I'll state, Fortnite has reached a max of 1.3 million, maybe 1.4-1.5 after the Game Awards playing concurrently. PUBG has averaged 1.3 million for months, peaking 2.95 million and I'll be shocked if it doesn't hit 3 million this weekend.

14 hours ago, Linus Tech Tits said:

FYI pc version is also early access and they don't seem to improve the optimization after so long

Since you seem to have little in terms of knowledge of the development of PUBG, Dec 20th is the release date. Test servers in terms of optimization are FAR SUPERIOR to what the game was months ago. Servers are likely to get better for the 1.0 release. The past week PUBG Corp has made great advancements in how the game runs, bug fixes and more.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

2 hours ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Actually, Jaguar is a design entirely independent of Bulldozer (and variants) meant to compete against CPUs such as the Intel Atom. Jaguar was used in low end APUs such as Kabini, while the Bulldozer/Piledriver line was used in the larger Temash APU.

Interesting for sure.

I just re-researched this (last time I honestly read up on Jaguar was back in 2013), and I can see it is a derivative of Bobcat, which was made independently, but parallel, to Bulldozer.

I honestly must have read some bad information, since I could have sworn that I had read that Jaguar was just a low-power mobile derivative of Bulldozer.

Desktop:

AMD Ryzen 7 @ 3.9ghz 1.35v w/ Noctua NH-D15 SE AM4 Edition

ASUS STRIX X370-F GAMING Motherboard

ASUS STRIX Radeon RX 5700XT

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 3200

Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVME

2x4TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs

Corsair RM850X

Be Quiet Silent Base 800

Elgato HD60 Pro

Sceptre C305B-200UN Ultra Wide 2560x1080 200hz Monitor

Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum Keyboard

Logitech G903 Mouse

Oculus Rift CV1 w/ 3 Sensors + Earphones

Laptop:

Acer Nitro 5:

Intel Core I5-8300H

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 2666

Geforce GTX 1050ti 4GB

Intel 600p 256GB NVME

Seagate Firecuda 2TB SSHD

Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum

1 hour ago, Jon Jon said:

Interesting for sure.

I just re-researched this (last time I honestly read up on Jaguar was back in 2013), and I can see it is a derivative of Bobcat, which was made independently, but parallel, to Bulldozer.

I honestly must have read some bad information, since I could have sworn that I had read that Jaguar was just a low-power mobile derivative of Bulldozer.

The sad bit being I'm pretty certain modern ARM cores are faster.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…