Xbox One X(Scorpio) Launches Nov. 7

tsk

Let me know when a console has the game library of a PC and can run games like my 980 TI, 4k monitor can. Nevertheless the upgrade-ability and customization and the ability to do other things such as natively supporting mouse and keyboard, video editing... Etc. Take this console and make it run Windows 10, then I will be happy. Till then, no thanks.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

7 minutes ago, Orangeator said:

Let me know when a console has the game library of a PC and can run games like my 980 TI, 4k monitor can. Nevertheless the upgrade-ability and customization and the ability to do other things such as natively supporting mouse and keyboard, video editing... Etc. Take this console and make it run Windows 10, then I will be happy. Till then, no thanks.

Your 980 Ti costs more (or did) than the whole console though :P

Also, what exactly are you playing @4K with a 980 Ti?

Much like the 360 - will wait until a Halo launch to look at one, assuming whatever Halo that comes next isn't coming to pc.
Horizon: Zero Dawn earned Sony my upgrading to a pspro just to replay it... so, will see if MS can come up with something unique and interesting. 

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

Funny how it is smaller than the Xbox One S, with the S standing for small.

Should they change the name to Xbox One C as in Chubby because it isn't the smallest anymore?

17 minutes ago, crisro996 said:

Your 980 Ti costs more (or did) than the whole console though :P

Also, what exactly are you playing @4K with a 980 Ti?

Grand Theft Auto V, Overwatch, Tomb Raider, Just Cause 3, Far Cry 4, CS:GO, Injustice, Battlefield 4... Etc. All run just fine locked at 60. Not a dip below. Generally maxed or just knocking down Anti-Aliasing. Which on a 27" monitor at 4k, anti-aliasing really isn't even needed.

At $500 that is a big fat nope

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

11 minutes ago, lilbman said:

Funny how it is smaller than the Xbox One S, with the S standing for small.

Should they change the name to Xbox One C as in Chubby because it isn't the smallest anymore?

Or it could simply stand for small form factor... Or small. By your logic to justify the name change the name would have had to been Xbox One S with the "S" meaning smallest.

It will definitely run Forza at 4k60fps. Racing games are actually fairly easy to run, graphically speaking. The world shadows can all be baked in, or even rendered at the loading of the map and there's very little need for draw distances longer than the straight on a track. Where an open world game would try and give you possibly miles of scenery, Forza can hide it all behind walls, trees and grandstands. The only thing it has to work hard on is your own car (opponents usually are rendered at lower quality, since distance, motion blur and speed tend to obscure them anyway) and the physics. 

Also, glad to see it coming to PC unlike previous Motorsport versions of Forza.

Laptop: Asus GA502DU

RAM: 16GB DDR4 | CPU: Ryzen 3750H | GPU: GTX 1660ti

The XBOX (great catch on that) has 4 more CU than the RX480/580s, though a lower clock.  Considering they're tweaked cores and on-package with the CPU with both being tuned to MS's desire, you can get a lot more out of that hardware compared to a normal CPU + GPU + OS overhead.  Dedicated Hardware is simply more potent compared to generalized computing. 

Though the important thing seems to be that 30 games effectively "launch" with the XBOX with higher res 4K versions.  So, I believe that means that the XBOX technically has the most launch titles of any console.  Take that for what you will.

3 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

WE NEED TO DISCUSS WHAT REALLY MATTERS HERE!!!

....Are we we calling this thing 'XBX' or XOX'?

Or maybe XBOX?

1 hour ago, shermantanker said:

I have a 1080 and an xbox one controller already. I'll be buying a 4K blue ray player anyway once I get into my first appartment in a few months, and for an extra $200 bucks it's a deal. I don't want to spend another grand for another PC for the living room, and in home streaming I won't touch unless it is on Ethernet. Games like Sea of thieves, AC Origins, a few indy ones, all the backwards comparable games, and a few others look more appealing to me as couch games. After Sitting at a computer for 9 hours at work doing CAD, at the end of the day I don't always feel like sitting at a desk to game. Anything that is a competitive shooter will still stay on my PC, but a lot of stuff can be more relaxing to me with a controller.

I mean... You could just do in Home streaming and get a uses PC. I don't know what the specs need to be for that but a 950 can be found for $70 or the new 1030 which is surprisingly well. 3570ks are quite cheap ect and in the end, you can still use a controller. Though, I guess if you're still going to use bluray though I doubt that'll last another 1-2 years, a point can be made

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

18 minutes ago, Orangeator said:

Or it could simply stand for small form factor... Or small. By your logic to justify the name change the name would have had to been Xbox One S with the "S" meaning smallest.

I was joking .-. but honestly I thought Xbone X would've been larger than even the original Xbone.

In B4 games other than easy to run racing games arent 4k native and if they are, are medium to low settings at 30fps with dips into the teens and then becomes useless for 4k after this coming holiday season games come out. Thats my prediction. 

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

1 minute ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

In B4 games other than easy to run racing games arent 4k native and if they are, are medium to low settings at 30fps with dips into the teens and then becomes useless for 4k after this coming holiday season games come out. Thats my prediction. 

well the x is more then 4 times the power of the Xbox one so it makes it easy to scale it up by 4. hey it is going to be a better experience then PS4 Pro.

I am HYPED for Forza 7 on PC

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

Just now, The Benjamins said:

well the x is more then 4 times the power of the Xbox one so it makes it easy to scale it up by 4. hey it is going to be a better experience then PS4 Pro.

I am HYPED for Forza 7 on PC

Same Id love forza for pc. Other than that the xbox one was only as powerful as a 660ti. An the new consoles only as powerful as a 580 which struggles with some games in 1080p never mind the 4k ultra settings them claim it to be running in the new Metro game. 

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

I have been playing less and less games by the time, maybe it is growing or simply not having time therefore consoles are completely useless to me nowadays to be honest, they can offer all that PCs offer I'll still not get one since PCs are still completely useful since college, work and even occasional CS:GO...

But I suppose the best the consoles get the best since PC gaming is limited by the consoles right? so all the better.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

16 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Same Id love forza for pc. Other than that the xbox one was only as powerful as a 660ti. An the new consoles only as powerful as a 580 which struggles with some games in 1080p never mind the 4k ultra settings them claim it to be running in the new Metro game. 

well consoles never run on ultra so I think it can do 4k ok, and 1080p great.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

1 minute ago, The Benjamins said:

well consoles never run on ultra so I think it can do 4k ok, and 1080p great.

Missed my point. Its stupid to say 4k when its probably going to be up-scaled garbage. Who knows though maybe itll surprise me but I dont think it will.

4 hours ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

They are screwing the Halo franchise really well, but Halo Wars 2 was a nice game, well see what comes from Halo 6.

to be honest, Halo ended for me after Halo 3, after they removed split screen they killed the franchise. 

9 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

to be honest, Halo ended for me after Halo 3, after they removed split screen they killed the franchise. 

I liked it all the way up to reach, halo 4 just felt way too different. Both of the halo wars I felt were good though 

I'm honestly impressed with what I saw in Microsoft's E3.

I know I can play a lot of these games on my PC, but I still want it.  Especially for games like Code Vein, which looks awesome, and Halo

Desktop

Y4M1-II: AMD Ryzen 9-5900X | Asrock RX 6900XT Phantom Gaming D | Gigabyte RTX 4060 low profile | 64GB G.Skill Ripjaws V | 2TB Samsung 980 Pro + 4TB 870 EVO + 4TB SanDisk Ultra 3D + 8TB WD Black + 4TB WD Black HDD | Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL-X | Antec ST1000 1000W 80+ Titanium | MSI Optix MAG342CQR | BenQ EW3270U | Kubuntu

-------------------------------

Mobile devices

Kuroneko: Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga 4th (Intel i7-10510U | 16GB RAM | 1TB SSD)

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

6 hours ago, Drak3 said:

Consoles see far more optimization than PCs, so the horse power of a RX 480 could drive the console games that have better dev studios behind them at 4K60 with pretty good visuals.

Makes me wonder, what if they can use a $200 GPU to spit out good looking games at 4k, what the hell are we doing with our Master Race thousand dollars machines. An enthusiast strives for efficiency, yet we are building a Frankenstein that uses a brute force to drive games, sucks money and resources.

6 hours ago, tsk said:

Maybe some games, the GPU is confirmed by AMD to be a Polaris chip, a bit wider than the Rx 480/580(36 vs 40 CUs).

Some cherry-picked titles, the rest will be upscaled from some weird ass resolution. They couldn't run true1080p for a few generations and now suddenly 4k 60, yeah right.