why the hell all the veterans leaving the forum.

NTDaws

Main problem I'm seeing is a high influx of low-quality members that spam more than they are actually helpful, members that only come around when they need questions answered (and are incapable of doing a simple search, thus resulting in the same question being asked 100 times by 100 different people).

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

while i would like to view it more like facebook for the nerdy minded, as you know nobodys on facebook anymore either. the wave is over im sure a lot of young fresh people will fill the gaps of those leaving and then they can ask each other again about what cards bottlenecks and wether or not i need a 1000 dollarcpu for minecraft.

i wouldnt consider myself a veteran but im mostly staying for the news and build logs. i find myself more and more going away from gaming and getting a bit more into crafting something interesting. im currently working on my build and look for inspirations and im also planning some home automation stuff. so mainly i use forums in general for research and inspirations.

but i have to agree it got a little quiet on here

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

9 hours ago, straight_stewie said:

I read every reply to this thread before I realized that we were talking about forum veterans and not military veterans.

But, it's a little bit of every reason listed IMO. 

yeah i didnt mean the military xD

The geek himself.

Everyone is leaving...maybe its time for me to be moving on as well...

I am kinda sick of posting more or less the same thing but I dunno, helping people can be fun...even if its the same damn thing every single fucking day.

I don't consider myself a vet but maybe I'll get to 7.5K posts and go dormant while lurking on the FPC thread only (and help LMG if they ever need some testing or whatever for FPC).

First person I remember leaving is @thekeemo, I still miss him... :/ 

@deXxterlab97 leaving doesn't help...

On a side note, @Being Delirious You know why Dexx left? I can see that he posted something but its now restricted and I can't see it (but don't tell me if you feel as its against the CS). 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

2 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

I am kinda sick of posting more or less the same thing but I dunno, helping people can be fun...even if its the same damn thing every single fucking day.

I don't consider myself a vet but maybe I'll get to 7.5K posts and go dormant while lurking on the FPC thread only (and help LMG if they ever need some testing or whatever for FPC).

First person I remember leaving is @thekeemo, I still miss him... :/ 

@deXxterlab97 leaving doesn't help...

On a side note, @Being Delirious You know why Dexx left? I can see that he posted something but its now restricted and I can't see it (but don't tell me if you feel as its against the CS). 

Maybe just take a break instead, thats what I did for a month.

The geek himself.

4 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Please don't :(

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

Just now, Being Delirious said:

Maybe just take a break instead, thats what I did for a month.

Maybe however it depends...

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

I joined in 2013. Jeez its been almost 4 years. 

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

I slowly find myself becoming less and less attached to the forum. the first 1000 posts It was fun helping people 1001-2000 was about meeting people, but now at 2000+ I just feel sad, because almost everyone i cared about left. Life gets in the way too, but sometimes in a good way! I find myself spending more time with friends and less time online than when I first got started here, because I've developed social skills! I'm also less into tech, PCs and gaming now, it just seems like the same thing over and over again and I've only been here like a year and a half.

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

8 hours ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

On a side note, @Being Delirious You know why Dexx left?

I can answer that.

Still have no idea why writing a farewell post on LTT is now against the rule and the post had to be removed.

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

I can answer that.

Still have no idea why writing a farewell post on LTT is now against the rule and the post had to be removed.

It has always been this case

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

1 minute ago, Pohernori said:

It has always been this case

dex man what are you still doing here?

I thought you left, dont let the door hit you on the way out.

3 hours ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Yea, had a feeling I'll be linked to this. But that thread wasn't as straight as yours in saying goodbye. And it wasn't a straight "ill be leaving" thread. I've seen alot of these threads. And I've seen yours. Many others also have had their thread hidden. Some were lucky since no one replied to that thread and it just faded. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

On 4/25/2017 at 0:15 AM, straight_stewie said:

I read every reply to this thread before I realized that we were talking about forum veterans and not military veterans.

But, it's a little bit of every reason listed IMO. 

You not the only one.  I thought the same thing.  Then I see they are talking about forum veterans.

Though, I am not a long time member on this forum, but on my home forum I am (been there for six years).  I seen this across different forums (I lurk over three tech forums, a motorcycle forum, and nissan forum).  So, nothing new.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

6 hours ago, TheRandomness said:

I wouldn't call myself a veteran just yet, but being a moderator, I suppose I'm tied to these forums :P

You had the disco-ball avatar, right?

3 hours ago, Fooshi said:

Been here since the forums was started in January 2013 and I've seen a heap of shit.

There's been a significant rise of low quality posts that contribute nothing to discussion. Worst offenders are people who post "lol idk" or "I don't use x, so I can't help you".

I've started blocking people rather than going all soapbox about the downfall of the forums, though.

Does it work? Are shadow bans a thing on LTT? i remember there was talk of it being implemented for a while. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Just now, Nup said:

You had the disco-ball avatar, right?

Does it work? Are shadow bans a thing on LTT? i remember there was talk of it being implemented for a while. 

Nah, I didn't.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

1 minute ago, TheRandomness said:

Nah, I didn't.

Crap, got confused was thinking of Nineshadow! :L 

Recognise your name tho, has been a regular one. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Frankly it's gotten far worse since I arrived. From the nonsensical handling of politics by other members to simply shouting stupid things and not looking at them in a decent way, it really just seems like people bring up the same goddamn talking points.

It really is a lot like politics, you have people like me who can think and agree to disagree and you have others that will just scream and shout just to make a retarded point. And it's only gonna get worse because not many are willing to actually admit they're wrong.

It's why I left the LGBT community. It was basically a dome of self-pity and talking points filtered by three or so people and if you disagreed you were a satanist, effectively.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

They like to kick up a fuss.

ego-as-baggage.png

Just to add to that, making a poll on whether or not people will miss you says it all really 

Just now, AUniqueName said:

They like to kick up a fuss.

ego-as-baggage.png

Not to mention half the people who left aren't even veterans. I've been here longer than a good amount of people that left these past two weeks and I don't even claim myself to be a veteran. I call myself by what I am: a shitposter at heart.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Because once you reach a certain reputation you accend to a celestial plane beyond the understanding of mere mortals. 

I don't really like the idea of eternal happiness and Nirvana, so I just keep my reputation to a minimum. 

Honestly, we have gotten these kinds of threads since 2013. 

The truth of the matter is that most people will run themselves out, and then just move on to bigger and better things. 

That is the nature of the internet. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

What counts as a veteran anyway? I feel like I have the 1000 yard stare of forums and I haven't been here a year.

I mostly pick and chose my battles though. If the topic is something "cookie cutter" and already has 10+ replies, I don't bother. If the OP isn't specific enough and I don't feel like making a smarmy remark, I don't bother.

And I figure some people basically "own" certain forums so I don't bother either, because chances are if I open my mouth they're just going to scream at me.