Michael Pachter: PCMR are arrogant, twits, and racist

NumLock21

I think PC Gamers are like racists; they only like their own kind, and they have no interest in venturing out and mixing with other races.

PC gamers are arrogant twits who are convinced what they do is better than what anybody else can possibly do.

However if you were an Xbox owner and you’ve always wondered what it’s like to be a PlayStation owner, this is a great opportunity.

And I think if you’re not a [next-gen] console owner at all – which would include a subset of PC users – this is the one you would buy. This [PS4 Pro] is the obvious choice.

IMO, he takes PCMR way too seriously. Some own both PC and consoles, just like some own both PC and Mac products.

http://wccftech.com/pachter-pc-gamers-like-racists-arrogant-twits/

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

While I do agree that quite a few people act in an elitist way, that guy is also taking things too seriously by calling gaming medium owners different "races"

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

never heard of him

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

4 minutes ago, Reutech said:

I'm at least one of those things.

Arrogance in moderation is fun.

7 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

IMO, he takes PCMR way too seriously. Some own both PC and consoles, just like some own both PC and Mac products.

http://wccftech.com/pachter-pc-gamers-like-racists-arrogant-twits/

We have no real option to "mix" with console gamers, because cross platform multiplayer only happens in like 3 games ever.

But yeah, that's out of order.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

So far has Mr Financial Analyst fallen that he resorts to a cheap pop, a lame trolling attempt?

Hehehe whatever Cunty McCuntface: you're just pissed your job of (extremely poorly) predicting console trends is becoming as obsolete as said consoles, good fucking riddance.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Im sure not going to deny that some of the PCMR are in fact exactly that. But trying to paint an entire group with the same brush is just stupid. Why cant people accept that other people have differing opinions and just leave it alone? Why not just say "hey they dont agree with me" and move on. Why is it always personal attacks.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

I think he's just mad you can't invest on "PC" , the way you can with consoles so he's angry that people are moving to PC and not buying consoles where he can make money.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Why would I buy a ps4 pro when it's just trying to be like my PC?  I don't care about uncharted so...

Consoles are fine for different reasons, but don't compare them the pc lol

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Someone sounds salty xD

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

While he is partially right, imo the "loud ones" are the bad ones and they are a minority, you just't won't hear anyone say "Yeah, I played a game and no one mentioned my mom". 

There is an old saying in my country that translates approximately to "You can hear a good voice far, but you can hear a bad voice even further". 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

I don't get it...yes, I own a PC and while I think it's the best gaming platform option for me, I also own every single Playstation that has ever been released (PS1 ~ PS4, PSP, PSVita).  Does that make me a "PCMR twit" too? He's just broadly labeling us all with the actions of the vocal minority, which to be honest, are mostly just trolls. smh

if you take PCMR shit seriuesly and not for the laughs its you that cant take a joke and not something wrong with the gaming comunity, even tho i dislike consoles i wont go bashing on someone for playing on one, even tho its worse value for your money, consoles are also good blueray/DVD players 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

I’ve never used the word “twit” in my life.

I absolutely used the term racist, but only upon being questioned repeatedly about what I meant when I called PC gamers insular.

The reporting here was irresponsible. I’ve done 6000 interviews over the last 15 years (we’re required to log them), and somehow, have been able to hide my bigoted side until today . . . I’m not sure what the “reporter” was trying to do, other than stir the pot. Yes, I said that the PS4 Pro probably wouldn’t appeal to PC gamers, The rest is just silly.

Directly says "PC gamers are arrogant twits" in the interview, then tries to blame it on the reporter then lie.

Jesus, and Dice called this guy "The most prolific analyst in the videogame business" in an interview/chat

LTT's fastest Valley 970, slowest Valley Basic and Extreme HD scores

Desktop || CPU - i5 4690k || Motherboard - ASUS Gryphon Z97 || RAM - 16GB Kingston HyperX 1866MHz || GPU - Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 *Cough* 3.5GB || Case - Fractal Design Define R5 || HDD - Seagate Barracuda 160GB || PSU - Corsair AX760

he's right you know.. But he's wrong in blanket stereotyping on every user being  of a certain preset of  response to other platform gamers

Details separate people.

https://techraptor.net/content/michael-pachter-claims-improper-reporting-defends-pc-gamers

It looks like he really didn't say that:

Pachter stated on NeoGAF however that these quotes were horribly misrepresented and potentially invented. “I’ve never used the word “twit” in my life,” Pachter clarified, and he went on to say he only used the term “racists” after being repeatedly questioned on what he meant by his use of the word “insular”. The analyst says his main point was the PC players would not be drawn to the PS4 Pro, but “The rest is just silly.”

Either way, I'm just sorta trying to adopt IDGAF attitude because games are games are games are games.

15 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

if you take PCMR shit seriuesly and not for the laughs its you that cant take a joke and not something wrong with the gaming comunity, even tho i dislike consoles i wont go bashing on someone for playing on one, even tho its worse value for your money, consoles are also good blueray/DVD players 

The problem is that people do take PCMR seriously. Many PCMR "members" take it seriously too. It might have started out as a funny joke, ha ha. But the reality is that there is a large subset of the "PCMR" community that in fact, totally, 100% believes their own bullshit propaganda. These people really do attack console users, call them dumb, or say that console users are the reason for all that is horrible in PC Gaming, etc.

They're a minority of the group - to be sure. But they're very loud, and they exist.

So saying "lol if you take PCMR seriously ur an idiot" is disingenuous, and is equivalent to sticking your head in the sand.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

What? PC gamers who have fun branding themselves with the slogan that was conceived to mock the elitism of PC gamers are acting elitist? No, surely not!

How forum members here choose "NEWS" these days...

1. Will this one dramatically interpreted sentence/statement stir up drama?

2. Post it

1 hour ago, NinjaJc01 said:

Arrogance in moderation is fun.

We have no real option to "mix" with console gamers, because cross platform multiplayer only happens in like 3 games ever.

But yeah, that's out of order.

Who cares what game it is on when it happened on the BEST game Rocket League?

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)