Michael Pachter: PCMR are arrogant, twits, and racist

NumLock21

Looks like just another corporate or social justice shill is offended that a subreddit takes the piss out of nitwits who continually spread bullshit in the gaming industry. That's the majority of what that subreddit does. Not even worth addressing, honestly.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

*Sigh* People like him are why this world is shit... Name calling, labeling, self proclaiming, etc... never changed anything important ever. All it does is make some hate others. I personally have several PCs, and Xbox 360, Super Nintendo, Wii, DS Lite, 3DS, 2 Gameboys, Gameboy advance,and a Gameboy Advance SP. I have used almost every generation of Xbox and Playstation. All are considered PC or Console. All are good for various reasons, all have their faults. None is truly superior to another in every way. Every generation gets better or worse depending on whos using it and WHAT THEY ARE USING IT FOR IN THEIR SPECIFIC CASE! I hate that people take it upon themselves to insult, put down, etc other over what fucking system they use to play games! Come on people these are games! All that should matter is that we can keep playing, play together, and have our systems whether PC or console keep getting better with time and allowing us to keep doing what we love. And that would be play games. Whether we play by ourselves, with others around us, across the internet, with and against teams. There is NO REASON to have people come out and put other down over it!

As Rodney King said it best: Why People, I just want to say, you know, can we all get along? Can we get along?

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

10 minutes ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

Who cares what game it is on when it happened on the BEST game Rocket League?

I can't tell if that's sarcasm or not.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

10 minutes ago, exyia said:

How forum members here choose "NEWS" these days...

1. Will this one dramatically interpreted sentence/statement stir up drama?

2. Post it

There's nothing else out there in tech. Wish AMD Zen, Skylake-X, and Skylake-E will launch already.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

1 hour ago, silberdrachi said:

Im sure not going to deny that some of the PCMR are in fact exactly that. But trying to paint an entire group with the same brush is just stupid. Why cant people accept that other people have differing opinions and just leave it alone? Why not just say "hey they dont agree with me" and move on. Why is it always personal attacks.

Oh do tell, how are we racist then? Does the fact that there's no fucking inherent race to console or pc gaming and implicitly makes the entire thing a joke not matter when calling someone you know....racist?

Or are you going for the angle that even joking about race is inherently racist even though there couldn't possibly be a specified race to be racist against?

Or are you, much like Pachter here, just no fun at all?

-------

Current Rig

-------

9 minutes ago, Paranoid Kami said:

He's just some nobody analyst trying to act like as ass to get attention. Ignore him.

Aye I know what we need: we need a bunch of people to interrupt a live interview with him by screaming "PEPEEEEEE!!!!"

-------

Current Rig

-------

5 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Oh do tell, how are we racist then? Does the fact that there's no fucking inherent race to console or pc gaming and implicitly makes the entire thing a joke not matter when calling someone you know....racist?

Or are you going for the angle that even joking about race is inherently racist even though there couldn't possibly be a specified race to be racist against?

Or are you, much like Pachter here, just no fun at all?

Huh?

I was saying that some gamers are racist. I wasn't aware that was a revalation. Im not talking about "racist" im talking about real racism. Though there are quite a lot of pc gamers that are immensely vitriolic against anything that falls outside their beliefs, i wouldnt call it racism. Its more of a weird version of xenophobia.

You really took that comment right to 11.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

11 minutes ago, silberdrachi said:

Huh?

I was saying that some gamers are racist. I wasn't aware that was a revalation. Im not talking about "racist" im talking about real racism. Though there are quite a lot of pc gamers that are immensely vitriolic against anything that falls outside their beliefs

Let's see if I can make this clear:

Believes are not fucking race.

No matter how much you ridicule someone for what they like or dislike, believes and preferences are always optional and race never is. There is an order of magnitude between ridiculing someone for what they believe (whenever it's justified or not) and hating someone for what they are as human beigns.

The term racism is being stripped of all meaning because of people who hold this ridiculous ideas. Is not even a little bit ok for you to draw such comparisons when we have people rioting, burning shit and trying to kill each other over race. Just as it is not ok for a motherfucker like Pachter to do so either.

-------

Current Rig

-------

The silent majority sits quietly observing and enjoying life, while the loud extremist minorities continue to needlessly yell at each other. ;)

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

PCMR is satire. People who generalize like this on "PC Gamers" are no better than what they think they are attacking.

Some people have a hard time comprehending that a person can think a product offers poor value and still respect another person who bought that product.

Or do you feel invested in defending something that in hindsight is starting to seem like a bad decision? Surely the possibility of being wrong about something doesn't trigger you to the point of calling a satire group racist, right...?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

6 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

There is an order of magnitude between ridiculing someone for what they believe (whenever it's justified or not) and hating someone for what they are as human beigns.

There's also a big difference between ridiculing and hating, regardless of wether you can help it or not.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Dude needs to be careful with phrasing, I had to do a double take, because I thought it read that he was calling PC gamers actual racists.

1 minute ago, Sauron said:

There's also a big difference between ridiculing and hating, regardless of wether you can help it or not.

And as you said satire and actual jokes. While there's some truth to some arguments everyone seems to forget that this entire trend was started by a PC gamer (Yahtzee) making a self deprecating joke.

-------

Current Rig

-------

90% of the pcmr guys are joking.

That's because... you know... the whole thing is a joke. Almost none of them actually take it seriously.

caution, I get a little heated here. I hate people like this.

And even if literally none of us were joking... so- fucking- what. The pc is a better gaming experience 9 times out of 10.

Remove exclusives from consoles (Which sony and microsoft are already starting to do), and what are you left with?

An experience driven by 720p-968p most of the times and 24-32fps in games. Why? Just why?

For the same price as one of those consoles, and a year of online, or a couple games, you could have 1080p, 60fps in all those same games. There is literally no reason aside from exclusives as to why you should buy a console. And that's the end of it, there's no arguing past that point, its a blatant fact. That's it, end of discussion. But, if a majority of people still can't see facts and instead want to stick with what they know instead of going for the platform that is blatantly superior in every conceivable way once again aside from the sony and mc exclusives, then absolutely we should call them out for it. They're wasting money on a sup-par experience because they think consoles are the way to go, and that's just that.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

2 minutes ago, Atmos said:

90% of the pcmr guys are joking.

That's because... you know... the whole thing is a joke. Almost none of them actually take it seriously.

caution, I get a little heated here. I hate people like this.

And even if literally none of us were joking... so- fucking- what. The pc is a better gaming experience 9 times out of 10.

Remove exclusives from consoles (Which sony and microsoft are already starting to do), and what are you left with?

An experience driven by 720p-968p most of the times and 24-32fps in games. Why? Just why?

For the same price as one of those consoles, and a year of online, or a couple games, you could have 1080p, 60fps in all those same games. There is literally no reason aside from exclusives as to why you should buy a console. And that's the end of it, there's no arguing past that point, its a blatant fact. That's it, end of discussion. But, if a majority of people still can't see facts and instead want to stick with what they know instead of going for the platform that is blatantly superior in every conceivable way once again aside from the sony and mc exclusives, then absolutely we should call them out for it. They're wasting money on a sup-par experience because they think consoles are the way to go, and that's just that.

Let's keep that to a minimum, you're adding jet fuel to a forest fire - not helping.

And yes, PC Gaming does offer a lot of benefits. But saying "blatantly superior in every conceivable way" is straight up false.

There are benefits to console gaming. The biggest one:

Convenience - You buy a console, you run through some rudimentary setup, you pop the game in, you "install it" (But really, all it's doing is clicking a single button and watching a loading bar, so not like installing stuff on a PC), and you play it.

The entire system - be it Nintendo, Sony, or Microsoft - is a much more simple system.

For a tech enthusiast, that might sound dumb. For 99% of gamers, who are, the vast majority, just regular people - simple is better.

You also don't have to deal with the vast majority of technical issues/troubleshooting that will happen on PC's: Driver issues, software glitches, incompatibilities, etc.

Yes, bugs exist on Console games. But in most cases, there's very little troubleshooting required.

Finally: Cost of entry - NOT the total cost.

Some people wanna game. Those people only have $400 (or less) - those people can go out, buy a Console that comes with 2-4 titles, and play those games. On a PC, you can find a gaming PC with a similar price, but it's gonna be a pretty awful PC for the most part, and it's also either not gonna have an OS (so $100 extra), or it compromises on other parts.

Now, yes, total cost of ownership can be a lot cheaper on PC, but some people live paycheque to paycheque, and can't afford to play the long game.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

52 minutes ago, NinjaJc01 said:

I can't tell if that's sarcasm or not.

Guess it did sound like sarcasm, but RL is amazing

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

1 minute ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

Guess it did sound like sarcasm, but RL is amazing

I didn't really enjoy it, but I wasn't playing it with friends, which seems like it might be better.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

7 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Let's keep that to a minimum, you're adding jet fuel to a forest fire - not helping.

And yes, PC Gaming does offer a lot of benefits. But saying "blatantly superior in every conceivable way" is straight up false.

Convenience...

Yes, people are lazy idiots and wilfully ignorant. It's the entire reason for the joke. It's still "an advantage" to many and thus we mock them for it.

We're mean, awful people here at the PC gamings and all....but to be actually and unironically called racist for it is far beyond inflammatory.

-------

Current Rig

-------

What I find interesting is that while PCMR has a vocal minority of idiots who act like assholes, nobody brings up that there are probably just as many assholish console gamers.

Ever seen a comment thread with Xbox vs Playstation? They are just as bad as PCMR crap. Is it because the console camps don't have a catchy name like PCMR?

Or maybe it's because console users are retarded and you shouldn't pick on retards? (trollface.jpg)

I don't know who the hell this guy is, but he seems non-important enough to lose all his rep from this.

Spoiler

With consoles basically being extremely low-end PC's at this point (x86 and what not) we have no reason to go to consoles. It's now easier to emulate modern consoles than it is say, a PS2. Why would we buy (and limit ourselves to) low end hardware when we can just build it ourselves and have more options? While he is right in the sense that PC gamers tend to spam the "console peasant" comment everywhere, it's become so diluted that its mostly done as a joke. No rational human being cares if someone wants to play consoles. We only get angry when console users try to deceive others (and themselves) that the experience is better.

In my personal opinion, consoles are best used for local multiplayer games with friends. It's why I own both a high end PC and a Wii U, because while the high end PC is great at single player RPG games and competitive multiplayer and MMO games, no PC experience beats ruining friendships in Mario Kart or Mario Party. Sure, one can always do a lan party, but everyone bringing their own PC's is a little more effort than everyone bringing their controllers.

If the guy would sit down and pay attention, he would see it isn't "PCMR" causing trouble, but a few random kids that actually believe people are inferior for using consoles. No sane adult would criticize someone else having fun. Honestly, if console exclusives did not exist, I imagine consoles would have died out long ago. 

Mr Patcher, hate the PC master race all you want. Just bare in mind, you will only be able to do so in 30fps. xD

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

2 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Yes, people are lazy idiots and wilfully ignorant. It's the entire reason for the joke. It's still "an advantage" to many and thus we mock them for it.

We're mean, awful people here at the PC gamings and all....but to be actually and unironically called racist for it is far beyond inflammatory.

I agree - I never once agreed with Michael Pachter - he's obviously overly generalizing PC Gamers.

But that doesn't make some of his points incorrect, just because his a misinformed ass-hat. The tiny vocal minority that believes in PCMR in a non ironic way does exist, and they're pretty terrible people.

And valuing convenience over other things doesn't inherently make you a lazy idiot or willfully ignorant. Some people just want to come home after a long day at work, jump on a console, and just play without worrying about or dealing with all the eccentricities that come along with PC Gaming.

You might not value that. But that doesn't make them ignorant because they do.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 minute ago, dalekphalm said:

I agree - I never once agreed with Michael Pachter - he's obviously overly generalizing PC Gamers.

But that doesn't make some of his points incorrect, just because his a misinformed ass-hat. The tiny vocal minority that believes in PCMR in a non ironic way does exist, and they're pretty terrible people.

It still has nothing to do with race. At worst he throwed the term lightly to be inflammatory and antagonistic as all fucking shit. Again this is much worst if we realize we woke up today to another set of riots and violence being experienced due to people on both sides of the race debate using a powerful term lightly and carelessly for political gain.

But well I don't think we disagree much on the matter tbh let's move on.

-------

Current Rig

-------

18 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Convenience - You buy a console, you run through some rudimentary setup, you pop the game in, you "install it" (But really, all it's doing is clicking a single button and watching a loading bar, so not like installing stuff on a PC), and you play it.

The entire system - be it Nintendo, Sony, or Microsoft - is a much more simple system.

For a tech enthusiast, that might sound dumb. For 99% of gamers, who are, the vast majority, just regular people - simple is better.

You also don't have to deal with the vast majority of technical issues/troubleshooting that will happen on PC's: Driver issues, software glitches, incompatibilities, etc.

Yes, bugs exist on Console games. But in most cases, there's very little troubleshooting required.

Finally: Cost of entry - NOT the total cost.

Some people wanna game. Those people only have $400 (or less) - those people can go out, buy a Console that comes with 2-4 titles, and play those games. On a PC, you can find a gaming PC with a similar price, but it's gonna be a pretty awful PC for the most part, and it's also either not gonna have an OS (so $100 extra), or it compromises on other parts.

Now, yes, total cost of ownership can be a lot cheaper on PC, but some people live paycheque to paycheque, and can't afford to play the long game.

400$ or less you say?

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/NJGGJV

360$ and delivers a better gaming experience than the consoles. That and you don't have to pay for online connectivity such as psn or xbl, not to mention the games are far cheaper on the pc.

More rambling below

Spoiler

You're a tech enthusiast just like most others on this forum, you and I both know that building a pc is NOT hard. The only people who claim it is, are the people too god damn lazy to watch a 5min video. And as for simplicity? What about clicking through prompts selecting "yes" or "next" is hard? What about that isn't simple? If people are claiming that its too hard, or too technical, then they obviously have never done it.

And today installing games couldn't be easier. You literally click two buttons in steam, and done; almost exactly like a console. And want to just install a disk into the system and play on that like a console, you can do the same exact thing on the pc if you go out and buy a disk from a store. Both consoles and pc's will install that disk when you load it in, or download updates automatically. if its available on steam.

Nothing about it is complex any more, the only people claiming it is, are people who've never bothered to even try, so as far as I'm concerned their opinions on that matter don't count for shit.

I'm not going to keep facts to a minimum though. Just like any other fact, it doesn't matter how people feel about it, fact's dont need your approval, they simply need to be known.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||