Michael Pachter: PCMR are arrogant, twits, and racist

NumLock21

because fuck logic:

• /r/pcmr is a race right?
  • Pachter is against /r/pcmr

that makes Pachter a racist xD

On 9/23/2016 at 10:11 AM, dalekphalm said:

Regular Islamic people are totally fine and cool, and most of them are regular folks, and 99.9% of them do not want to perform any violent actions at all.

Demostrable false: 20% of UK muslims support various terror attacks, 25% of UK Muslims don't feel like they have an obligation to report terrorists to the police, 45% of UK Muslims say preachers inciting violence against the west is mainstream Islam, etc. The list of direct and indirect complicity from moderate muslims goes on:

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages/articles/opinion-polls.aspx

-------

Current Rig

-------

PCMR is basically a meme more than an actual community.  Why does someone has to take it so far as to insult all of the pc gaming community because of something as lighthearted as pc masterace. This is so stupid. 

Cpu:i5-4690k Gpu:r9 280x with some other things

48 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Demostrable false: 20% of UK muslims support various terror attacks, 25% of UK Muslims don't feel like they have an obligation to report terrorists to the police, 45% of UK Muslims say preachers inciting violence against the west is mainstream Islam, etc. The list of direct and indirect complicity from moderate muslims goes on:

http://www.religionofpeace.com/pages/articles/opinion-polls.aspx

Considering that website doesn't go anywhere, unless I want to buy that domain, I'm not going to just take your word for that.

Not to mention "religionofpeace.com" is definitely a biased group of people with their own agenda. I'd have to see the data itself, or independent polls with proper questioning and participant cross-section.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

17 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Considering that website doesn't go anywhere, unless I want to buy that domain, I'm not going to just take your word for that.

I probably have the link incorrect I can't check it at work. However should I? You're already trying to refute it in the basis of it's fucking name and not on it's sources for actual independent polls conducted with Muslims. You made up your mind about showing how a barbaric fucking cancerous cult that spreads like wildfire can never affect millions of people yet almost every day people fucking die to terrorist attacks eveywhere around the world, because of things that the Quran and Hadiths directly instruct them to do.

Sorry but until there isn't a world wide mass Islamic reformation and the complete and irrevocable separation of Church and State to destroy Islamic church-states there is no point in claiming that they are just a "tiny minority" when we fucking know this is not the case.

EDIT: Got to it now, works for me at least with Google DNS server http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages/articles/opinion-polls.aspx

-------

Current Rig

-------

23 hours ago, zMeul said:

well ... Daily Star should've known better than to ask Pacther's opinion 

TBH, people should know better than to read that gutter press redtop, but there you go.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

17 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

You made up your mind about showing how a barbaric fucking cancerous cult that spreads like wildfire can never affect millions of people yet almost every day people fucking die to terrorist attacks eveywhere around the world, because of things that the Quran and Hadiths directly instruct them to do.

Source pls.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

8 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

Source pls.

Sure. By the way this person also makes all of his videos in Arabic and obviously has read the source material in Arabic so you can't really say he misinterprets or doesn't comprehends:

-------

Current Rig

-------

On 9/22/2016 at 6:51 PM, Bananasplit_00 said:

even tho its worse value for your money, consoles are also good blueray/DVD players 

That depends on the pricing of the consoles as it's 250 Britland's money for a PS4 and slapping a cheap intel compute stick for 60-70 quid, which is only 310~ pounds (which is around a pentium and RX460 pricing)...Yes I know there's cheaper games and free online MP and whatever but you can buy second hand games and some people just plainly don't want to build a PC themselves ;) 

Just sayin how ever since they lowered the price of consoles, they are becoming a decently viable option...ish...

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

20 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

That depends on the pricing of the consoles as it's 250 Britland's money for a PS4 and slapping a cheap intel compute stick for 60-70 quid, which is only 310~ pounds (which is around a pentium and RX460 pricing)...Yes I know there's cheaper games and free online MP and whatever but you can buy second hand games and some people just plainly don't want to build a PC themselves ;) 

Just sayin how ever since they lowered the price of consoles, they are becoming a decently viable option...ish...

yah, as i said, they are good blueray players :P anyway games are still expensive for consoles and you cant upgrade it so its still not a good way to spend your money

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

yah, as i said, they are good blueray players :P anyway games are still expensive for consoles and you cant upgrade it so its still not a good way to spend your money

Depends, in the end, it's all about what your friends play on no? I'm lucky having all my friends being PC gamers :P 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

3 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

-snip-

ah, so much peace. Epitome of civilisation. Can't wait for their culture to be shared with us Europeans 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

46 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

ah, so much peace. Epitome of civilisation. Can't wait for their culture to be shared with us Europeans 

Doesn't looks like you need to wait too much already happening thanks to Merkel and her gang.

-------

Current Rig

-------

25 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Doesn't looks like you need to wait too much already happening thanks to Merkel and her gang.

can't wait to finally be enlightened 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

On 9/22/2016 at 11:51 AM, Misanthrope said:

Let's see if I can make this clear:

Believes are not fucking race.

No matter how much you ridicule someone for what they like or dislike, believes and preferences are always optional and race never is. There is an order of magnitude between ridiculing someone for what they believe (whenever it's justified or not) and hating someone for what they are as human beigns.

The term racism is being stripped of all meaning because of people who hold this ridiculous ideas. Is not even a little bit ok for you to draw such comparisons when we have people rioting, burning shit and trying to kill each other over race. Just as it is not ok for a motherfucker like Pachter to do so either.

You're trying to make a pretty ridiculous distinction.  A belief is synonymous with opinion.  Surely, you're not trying to suggest that because a belief is not a race, it's impossible to hold racist opinions, correct?  

If you are, that doesn't make much sense.  If a person holds the belief that a certain race of people are inferior to another, that is a racist opinion.  What I think Michael Pachter is trying to convey is that some PC users look down upon those who use consoles rather than PCs because they are using the "superior" platform. You could argue that his sentiments are poorly worded, but they are not entirely false.

Now, if you're saying that preferring one platform over another is akin to finding a certain hair color or eye color more attractive/more preferable than something else, I agree.  Being attracted to a certain body type or hair color or eye color is not, in and of itself, racist.  If a person purposefully went out of their way to discriminate against someone of a different eye color or hair color because of their preference, it would be prejudiced at a minimum.

My PC specifications are in my profile.

2 hours ago, Michael McAllister said:

You're trying to make a pretty ridiculous distinction.  A belief is synonymous with opinion.  Surely, you're not trying to suggest that because a belief is not a race, it's impossible to hold racist opinions, correct?  

If you are, that doesn't make much sense.  If a person holds the belief that a certain race of people are inferior to another, that is a racist opinion.

So if I hate racists I am a racist myself? They do discriminate in the basis of race to favor their own race so since you're not separating ideas from people well...

No, that's just fucking stupid and I made this super fucking clear and you just ignore it in favor of this pathetic argument: " believes and preferences are always optional and race never is."

Nobody forces you to hold on to an idea. Be it religion, discrimination on the basis of race, gender or sexuality, political opinions, etc. Whenever a racist wants he can wake up and decide "I should look at my ideas" and even "I was wrong, I need to abandon this ideas". You could do that and so could I. There is no way for me to "abandon" or "get rid of" the spic blood however, that's just who I am.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Did anybody else notice that the link in the first post doesn't work anymore? OK, continue your conversation based on that now removed article. :D

-KuJoe

16 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

So if I hate racists I am a racist myself? They do discriminate in the basis of race to favor their own race so since you're not separating ideas from people well...

No, of course not.  You said beliefs are not race.  I was addressing that point.

No, that's just fucking stupid and I made this super fucking clear and you just ignore it in favor of this pathetic argument: " believes and preferences are always optional and race never is."

Generally, yes.  Beliefs are optional but it also depends on what the belief is.  PC versus console, Mac versus PC, Dodge versus Chevy—those are preferences which can change fairly easily.

On a more serious point, a political or religious ideology is not as malleable.  That's what Ben Affleck seemed to be trying to get at when he said, "It's gross; it's racist!"  I don't agree with his whole point, but I understand it.  Real Time doesn't offer the best format for nuanced discussion anyway, but that's a whole other discussion.

As an atheist, I could hypothetically have a seething hatred of all religious people because of their ideas.  It wouldn't be racist, but it would be prejudiced to some degree, especially if it were irrational (Note: I don't hate all religious people).  Many Republicans, Democrats, atheists, religious people, were raised in an environment that allowed for those opinions to ferment.

Nobody forces you to hold on to an idea. Be it religion, discrimination on the basis of race, gender or sexuality, political opinions, etc. Whenever a racist wants he can wake up and decide "I should look at my ideas" and even "I was wrong, I need to abandon this ideas". You could do that and so could I. There is no way for me to "abandon" or "get rid of" the spic blood however, that's just who I am.

I wish that were universally true.  It isn't, though.  In most cases, people do not choose their religion.  This is also true for politics.  Sure, people can change, but that takes introspection and that is one of the more difficult things for humans to do.

1 minute ago, Michael McAllister said:

I wish that were universally true.  It isn't, though.

It is. At one point people become adults because we acknowledge they have both freedom and responsibilities. Freedom to choose their ideas and responsibility for the consequences of said ideas and actions. I do not take this compassionate Atheist approach that tries to cuddle people. Any responsable adult has access to the same information you and I have and can decide "Maybe I shouldn't listen to children fairly tales that tell me to kill homosexuals"

-------

Current Rig

-------

1 minute ago, Misanthrope said:

It is. At one point people become adults because we acknowledge they have both freedom and responsibilities. Freedom to choose their ideas and responsibility for the consequences of said ideas and actions. I do not take this compassionate Atheist approach that tries to cuddle people. Any responsable adult has access to the same information you and I have and can decide "Maybe I shouldn't listen to children fairly tales that tell me to kill homosexuals"

Yes, technically it is.  Simply put, human psychology is a bitch.  A law permitting freedom to make personal decisions is very different from having the will or knowledge to take advantage of it to the fullest extent.

1 minute ago, Michael McAllister said:

Yes, technically it is.  

No: we base our entire legal system on the fact that it isn't. I am sorry that it might be harder to overcome for some people but as long as is not impossible to overcome then I don't really care: if you're old enough to appreciate the consequences of your actions you're old enough to reject said actions and the ideas behind them, period. I hope you appreciate that this is a deadlock and fairly off topic to this thread so just drop it.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I take PCMR seriously in the fact that pc gaming is truly superior, but I've never met anyone i'd call a PC Nazi. Do people really have nothing better to do?

On ‎2016‎-‎09‎-‎22 at 11:38 AM, Yoinkerman said:

Why would I buy a ps4 pro when it's just trying to be like my PC?  I don't care about uncharted so...

Consoles are fine for different reasons, but don't compare them the pc lol

The thing that is holding consoles back is the frame rates and peripherals (lack of native mouse and keyboard support).  And the latter would be detrimental to causal players.  Consoles are in a skill group of their own.

There was a time when consoles surpassed PCs.  But this was in the late 80s and early 90s.  After more sophisticated games were released, that required the detail and precision of the mouse and keyboard, the skill gaps (outside of platformers, etc.) were astronomical.  Although some games do fair much better with a controller, you can merely plug that into your PC and receive the same play style.

I really think consoles need to end and merely become PCs that have been minimalized for home use.  But, unfortunately, this would discourage the casual players / weekend warriors and impact sales dramatically.  I'm not saying it can't be done, but the shift would be too radical and would require a great deal of support from the major players in the console market.  A steam box would be perfect, but as you can see, Steam is not as big nor influential to make such a shift.

This is my opinion.

(Am I in the wrong thread?  What happened LTT?)

5 minutes ago, Rodinski said:

I really think consoles need to end and merely become PCs that have been minimalized for home use.  But, unfortunately, this would discourage the casual players / weekend warriors and impact sales dramatically.  I'm not saying it can't be done, but the shift would be too radical and would require a great deal of support from the major players in the console market.  A steam box would be perfect, but as you can see, Steam is not as big nor influential to make such a shift.

This is my opinion.

We're approaching what I think is the right balance: more frequent console updates that keep up with major trends in hardware... but they're still consoles, not PCs.  The closed-off approach encourages more focused game development (that is, targeting a narrow set of hardware) with a bit more polish.  That and Steam Machines have felt like one big compromise.  They're not as simple as consoles, but not as powerful as good desktop PCs (not unless you're willing to pay more than you would for a conventional desktop, anyway).

I'd add that I don't think there's a skill gap between PCs and consoles -- there are game types enabled by the greater complexity of a PC's mouse and keyboard, but I wouldn't say that you're automatically a better player simply because you're good with a mouse and keyboard.  I'd like to see a skilled Overwatch PC player top the lists on consoles, or switch to a console-only game like Destiny.  The odds are that they'd have to not only relearn the controls, but adapt to a different play style... and they might not beat higher-level console players.