Ammendment to Community Standards and more

AlTech
2 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Oh for crying out loud... Are you still butthurt about that? 

Here are the threads for anyone interested:

And holy crap no. You should not be a mod. This post is in and of itself shows that you are fit for it. You don't want swearing or talking bad about companies to be allowed? Let me guess, the last part should specifically be applied to Microsoft? Can't have people on a forum talking bad about companies right? Everyone here must love everything, or else you get BANNED! 

The mods didn't do anything about the "plagiarism" that one time it happened because it was barely plagiarizing anything (99% of the news threads are just copying a huge chunk of the original article and then adding 1 or 2 sentences). Oh no, someone copied two sentences and the title of your thread! Better whine about it for 4 months...

I never said that people shouldn't talk badly about them but there's a more polite way to not agree with them.

It was painfully obvious that the person was copying my thread. One of the mods acknowledged it but nothing was done about it.

Also a little hypocritical there. Saying in one sentences that I should not be and then in the next saying I should be.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

26 minutes ago, Clonzoo said:

I feel like swearing is something that can't be done too much with, there will always be swearing on the internet, we could however cut down on some of it. I could cut down on some of it, probably cut down on the pointless topics aswell I feel like. But for the most part pointless topics go down in the off topic and I feel like its more acceptable there, but I do understand your concern on it as pointless is pointless

plagiarism kinda falls under common sense as its commons sense not to steal someone else's work and especially when you give it of as your own work. But it should be listed non the less.

Lastly, this forum is quite big now. And I feel like having a few more mods would be a good thing. And on that note, I'd give thumbs up for @AluminiumTech if that helps any.

Thanks man

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

This thread turned into a trainwreck but hopefully I got the message across @Windspeed36

3 hours ago, LAwLz said:

Oh for crying out loud... Are you still butthurt about that? 

Here are the threads for anyone interested:

And holy crap no. You should not be a mod. This post is in and of itself shows that you are fit for it. You don't want swearing or talking bad about companies to be allowed? Let me guess, the last part should specifically be applied to Microsoft? Can't have people on a forum talking bad about companies right? Everyone here must love everything, or else you get BANNED! 

The mods didn't do anything about the "plagiarism" that one time it happened because it was barely plagiarizing anything (99% of the news threads are just copying a huge chunk of the original article and then adding 1 or 2 sentences). Oh no, someone copied two sentences and the title of your thread! Better whine about it for 4 months...

You know, I couldn't agree more. If someone has had a horrible experience with a product and or company for a specific reason and can give excellent reasoning as to why they are so outraged about it, all to them then. It helps the community out for experience, and then it is the companies' job to do their best to redeem themselves from their own mistakes. Public apologies, refunds, fixing the issue/issues most importantly, and making sure mistakes that are that catastrophic do not happen again. It's straightforward. 

Also I think you messed up with this line, could be wrong. -  "This post is in and of itself shows that you are fit for it." I think you mean to say that they are not fit for being a mod instead of saying that they are. 

We've been over the whole swearing thing already, a few times over, especially recently.

Basically, to sum it all up...

1. Swearing really isnt an issue here on the forums. Not a lot of people do it really frequently, and those that do use it a lot, often find themselves banned rather quickly for other reasons like harassment, or trolling. 

2. Even if a filter/censor was implemented people will find a way around it, guaranteed.

Also, shitposting is already not allowed

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

3 hours ago, Atmos said:

We've been over the whole swearing thing already, a few times over, especially recently.

Basically, to sum it all up...

1. Swearing really isnt an issue here on the forums. Not a lot of people do it really frequently, and those that do use it a lot, often find themselves banned rather quickly for other reasons like harassment, or trolling. 

2. Even if a filter/censor was implemented people will find a way around it, guaranteed.

Also, shitposting is already not allowed

Shitposting is allowed. There is a dedicated section on the forums for it. However, I believe that it is not allowed outside of that dedicated section, but I could be wrong. If a mod would like to clarify this, feel free to. 

5 minutes ago, IAmLamp said:

Shitposting is allowed. There is a dedicated section on the forums for it. However, I believe that it is not allowed outside of that dedicated section, but I could be wrong. If a mod would like to clarify this, feel free to. 

What are you talking about? There's no dedicated section for shitposting...

If you're talking about off-topic, you might want to actually look again at whats even there, or perhaps update yourself on what shitposting actually is.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

1 minute ago, Atmos said:

What are you talking about? There's no dedicated section for shitposting...

If you're talking about off-topic, you might want to actually look again at whats even there, or perhaps update yourself on what shitposting actually is.

It's one particular thread in off topic:

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

4 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

It's one particular thread in off topic:

[snippity snip]

Rofl, that's hardly an entire section of the forums xD  its barely 30 pages. 

2 minutes ago, Atmos said:

Rofl, that's hardly an entire section of the forums xD  its barely 30 pages. 

Well that's a good sign isn't it? We've managed to concentrate an entire site's worth of shit posting into one thread and it's "barely 30 pages" xD 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

5 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Well that's a good sign isn't it? We've managed to concentrate an entire site's worth of shit posting into one thread and it's "barely 30 pages" xD 

Well, being the pessimistic person I am, I still think that's too much shit posting.

2 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Well, being the pessimistic person I am, I still think that's too much shit posting.

Go read it - the majority is actually just random (pleasant) conversation, new members saying "hello", and that sort of thing.  And they brought back that thread for a reason.  Better to have an outlet for it than to try to crush it completely and have it popup all over the place.  I mean it still does from time to time, but at least we've got somewhere to move it to (unless it's really shitty :P)

9 minutes ago, Atmos said:

Such a feature is utterly pointless and annoying. It's generally frowned upon.

3 minutes ago, ModuleLFS said:

Such a feature is utterly pointless and annoying. It's generally frowned upon.

Honestly couldnt agree more.

I'm all for freedom of speech and whatnot, but censors are really just annoying more than anything else. People are going to find ways around them, and there ARE times when cursing is perfectly acceptable.

41 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

SNIP.

Savage

10/10

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

1 hour ago, LAwLz said:

LAwLz don't swear, it's fucking rude. :P

OT though, plagiarism is copying something and saying it's your own work, I don't think that ever gets done here outside of a few cases. Swearing.. it's the internet.

Colorful fucking language is very fucking necessary as restricting it would be fucking censorship and we don't want to be like the US fucking SR, now do we? Now on a more serious note, I do think that colorful language is not a problem. Different people express themselves in different ways. If you're butt hurt by a few letters in a certain arrangement represented by pixels on the screen in front of you, you need to adjust your life choices. 

I totally agree with the plagiarism bit, it is never acceptable to steal someone else's work or words without giving them credit. 

As for the mod bit, ive seen this discussed before. You don't reach out to become a mod of LTT. LTT reaches out to you to be a mod. If they need more mods (which I dont think they do), they have plenty of good choices. @ShadowCaptain, @iamdarkyoshi, @Aytex, @STRMfrmXMN, to name a few. 

ASU

7 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

they have plenty of good choices. @ShadowCaptain

yeah but no, i wouldnt be a good mod

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

8 minutes ago, ShadowCaptain said:

yeah but no, i wouldnt be a good mod

Well you're certainly qualified. 

ASU

I suggest a standard to ban click bait titles in the tech news section. 

And that the first post in those threads shall not be toxic and contain words with the intention of causing unrest. I feel that if Zmeul doesn't get a free pass, no one else should. No matter how bad Zmuel was. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

45 minutes ago, Pohernori said:

I suggest a standard to ban click bait titles in the tech news section. 

And that the first post in those threads shall not be toxic and contain words with the intention of causing unrest. I feel that if Zmeul doesn't get a free pass, no one else should. No matter how bad Zmuel was. 

or more recently

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

2 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

or more recently

Ayyye 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

4 minutes ago, Pohernori said:

Ayyye 

It's meant to be funny....

2 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Anyone can say that... 

Time will tell. 

13 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

If you are suggesting an action against "plagiarism" or the way people talk, then you should know where to draw the line of click bait/offending and a joke, not that a joke in the title is bad, but if it's done constantly by the same person it can be easily mistaken for something else.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.