AMD caught on lying as well, falsely presenting a working variable refresh rate monitor

Faa

Let's just sum up quickly what you need for Adaptive Sync;

A monitor that with DP1.2a support and especially the extension Adaptive Sync is needed to benefit from variable refresh rate but Adaptive Sync is not mandatory to the DP1.2a spec. To clear up; FreeSync is AMD's implentation for Adaptive Sync such as driver/GPU support.

AMD here claims, they took a monitor straight from a manufacturer and only modded the firmware (somewhere at 0.30 to 0.45) and managed to get variable refresh rate working;

Truth is AMD didn't want to say which monitor it was, I actually found it;

NX-VUE27D%20Webfront2_678x452.jpg

It doesn't have DP1.2a at all, full specs are here; http://www.anandtech.com/show/7385/nixeus-nxvue27d-27-a-450-wqhd-256x1440-ips-led-dponly-monitor-

AMD didn't want to show that 40-60 fps claim just to confirm variable refresh rate is working, they've only showed the stutter part working, you don't even fucking need Gsync/Adaptive sync to do this. If your GPU is running all the time exactly at 50 fps in that demo, make a custom resolution and set the refresh rate of your monitor to 50 Hz and boom done. Waw a million or two people trapped in it.

___

AMD said even laptops are capable of Freesync (AMD's implentation for Adaptive Sync/Variable refresh rate)

Using two Toshiba Sattelite notebooks purchased at retail, without any hardware modifications, AMD demonstrated variable refresh rate technology. 

At 0.16, FPS stays static at 30 fps. OSD is telling they are lying.

______

A half year later, we got our company who's selling CPU's with IPC dating from 2004 for 300$ (1000$ before) to troll again with Computex.

A german source posted this;

"The demo runs at a refresh rate 47-48 frames per second and the monitor provides thanks to the custom frequency a perfect picture that is very similar to Nvidia G-Sync. Currently the demo does not have a varying framerate at wich the monitor could react. While the monitor showed no problems during the presentation, the tech demo of AMD also crashed several times."

http://www.computerbase.de/2014-06/amd-freesync-monitore-guenstiger-als-g-sync/

So it took AMD a year to finally get variable refresh rate working, the firmware update they promised took a year and in the mean time they were saying you need a new monitor.

Still thinking about AMD

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

Everybody lies. Can they both lower the prices?

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Umm, I honestly see no real proof in what you are saying, either way, it wouldn't matter, and I honestly wouldn't care and I still will buy a free-sync monitor.

But the freesync monitors that are coming are legit, right?

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

Shouldn't  be going around saying it was BS unless you have a 110% proof that it was faked and to me it seems like this  is all old information your using to come up with the conclusion. You don't know what else was being used ran at the time of the demos they ran.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

Capitalism strikes again

I'm downloading those G-sync drivers right now to see if they work for me

PC: 5600x @ 4.85GHz // RTX 3080 Eagle OC // 16GB Trident Z Neo  // Corsair RM750X // MSI B550M Mortar Wi-Fi // Noctua NH-D15S // Cooler Master NR400 // Samsung 50QN90A // Logitech G305 // Corsair K65 // Corsair Virtuoso //

AdaptiveSyncGATE anyone?

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

I bet anyone here that I/O will jump in here and pull the same stuff he did last night.

What he do last night. I try to keep up on these things but.

Capitalism strikes again

I'm downloading those G-sync drivers right now to see if they work for me

They won't because it the G-Sync deal was a hoax, and was faked due to G-Sync being something that is a hardware add in to the displays.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

What he do last night. I try to keep up on these things but.

Went off on nvidia in the rudest manner possible.

This is just dumb. Xbox demos are being run off of PCs, and nobody cares

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

They confirmed my monitor will be supported, and I am confident it will arrive in working order.

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

it could be possible that they put their own custom software and go it working on that monitor but then they found out they can't easily get it working on every monitor

also adaptive sync originally came from laptops

There is a difference between lying and showing us what the expirence *IS ACTUALLY* like.

Xbox was caught showing off PC graphics saying it was an Xbox one. Everyone freaked out (not really though) because when the actual Xbox One came out, it didn't have high end PC graphics (how could it... it costs 25% of said PC). This is completely different... 30 FPS on a 30Hz monitor IS what Gsync and FreeSync are going to look like.

Also, if you are comparing this to the scale of of the 970 memory issues... Yeah, no.

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

There is a difference between lying and showing us what the expirence *IS ACTUALLY* like..

What experience? A monitor set to a fixed refresh rate? You can do it at home. 

What experience? A monitor set to a fixed refresh rate? You can do it at home. 

Not when your frame rate is varying...

They showed us what a variable refresh rate monitor would look like. It looks like a fixed refresh rate and fixed frames per second output (Oh no! Did I just lie!? The answer is no.).

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

I think this is bait to see if people that critized nvidia will do the same when AMD lies.

Test passed m8 .

Enjoy :D

there isnt definite proof that amd lied

Companies screw up. It happens, no point in dwelling on all of these problems.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz