AMD offering a deal on their cards if you return your 970!

TheMidnightNarwhal

Okay im gonna take my 270x off my pc and use intel graphics.

Okay now we have a INTEL fanboy in the ring.

/s

Most of the world uses Intel graphics ;)

If Intel really wanted to, they could crush both AMD and Nvidia.

Who know, maybe in the future after they conquer the mobile market that will be their next target ;)

You know what they say... where 2 fight the 3rd will take victory. Intel will just come to collect remains.

Exactly. They'll sit there and take note of all the weak points. Then BAM. When they're both weak, move in for the kill.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Who know, maybe in the future after they conquer the mobile market that will be their next target ;)

Exactly. They'll sit there and take note of all the weak points. Then BAM. When they're both weak, move in for the kill.

Man that intel makes the best gpus.

Mine that can run LOL at 60 fps.

Im actually running intel graphics right know ,plz help me.

Hey my nuc has dem HD4600 (i think) iGPU in it, and it can actually run some games like Batman:AA and a lot of others. Not well, but it can do it lol. Though its way better at streaming from my desktop through steam in home streaming.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

By this logic those shitty apple headphones must be some of the best in the market! so many people have them! they are everywhere! that means they are the superior product, no?

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

Nice one. Good job AMD.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Man that intel makes the best gpus.

Mine that can run LOL at 60 fps.

Im actually running intel graphics right know ,plz help me.

Hey my nuc has dem HD4600 (i think) iGPU in it, and it can actually run some games like Batman:AA and a lot of others. Not well, but it can do it lol. Though its way better at streaming from my desktop through steam in home streaming.

Haha I totally get it. I too am running on Intel graphics. I'm in the process of selling my desktop so I'm just using my Series 9, and I'm actually quite pleased with how well the HD4000 handles games like StarCraft 2 and Diablo 3! I can only imagine how strong you HD4600 must be. A little jelly.

By this logic those shitty apple headphones must be some of the best in the market! so many people have them! they are everywhere! that means they are the superior product, no?

I don't recall saying it was in any way shape or form superior to what Nvidia or AMD puts out.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Haha I totally get it. I too am running on Intel graphics. I'm in the process of selling my desktop so I'm just using my Series 9, and I'm actually quite pleased with how well the HD4000 handles games like StarCraft 2 and Diablo 3! I can only imagine how strong you HD4600 must be. A little jelly.

I don't recall saying it was in any way shape or form superior to what Nvidia or AMD puts out.

I tried it out to see how good it was.

Isnt not bad for less demanding games.

Nah i was just messing around.

This is probably true, they just don't care enough. Although with larger resolutions on those ultrabooks, they might start to take interest.

This is probably true, they just don't care enough. Although with larger resolutions on those ultrabooks, they might start to take interest.

They've been steadily improving their iGPU though. Compared to even mine it's better by more than 2x.

I still remember articles a few years ago saying 2016ish would be the year Intel killed performance graphics cards.

I don't see it happening, but if they did toss their hat into the ring, boy would it be interesting.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

They've been steadily improving their iGPU though. Compared to even mine it's better by more than 2x.

I still remember articles a few years ago saying 2016ish would be the year Intel killed performance graphics cards.

I don't see it happening, but if they did toss their hat into the ring, boy would it be interesting.

The more competitors the better for the consumer.

We will get more competition and higher quality products.

Hell yes, because I love my HD4600 more than any of my previous graphics cards. It's just not great for gaming, which requires me to go with either nvidia or AMD.

They'll sit there and take note of all the weak points. Then BAM. When they're both weak, move in for the kill.

Word. This is how technological advancement always happens in the 21st century...

LOL xD well, can't argue with deals! Maybe you can get discounts on R9 295x2s too...

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

LOL xD well, can't argue with deals! Maybe you can get discounts on R9 295x2s too...

Powercolour 290x is at 230 bucks.

It blows my mind.

Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 290X 4GB TurboDuo Video Card  ($232.99 @ NCIX US) 
Total: $232.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-01-29 12:38 EST-0500

Give them your 970 , get a 290x .

I think.

Was this stated by AMD? If so, i understand why some would take the deal. Myself, not a chance. After the issues i had with my 290 last summer i swore i would not go back to AMD. However, if the 300 series appeals to me and shows great price/performance and a decent TDP i will consider it, but only after it has been tested amongst the community. I still have nightmares about blackscreens and the RMA process i went through multiple times. I swear i can still hear the reference cooler :o
You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

Give them your 970 , get a 290x .

I think.

no, I think it's "return a 970 for full refund to those who sold you one, come to us an you'll get a discount on an R9 29x(x)(2) card".

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Was this stated by AMD? If so, i understand why some would take the deal. Myself, not a chance. After the issues i had with my 290 last summer i swore i would not go back to AMD. However, if the 300 series appeals to me and shows great price/performance and a decent TDP i will consider it, but only after it has been tested amongst the community. I still have nightmares about blackscreens and the RMA process i went through multiple times. I swear i can still hear the reference cooler :o

I dont know if its legit or AMD i just trolling xD.

Even AMD giving away their R9 290s would't compensate for their shitty drivers. 

SHOTS FIRED.

The hate is strong on this one.