Assassin's Creed dev thinks industry is dropping 60 fps standard

Basically this Ubisoft dev is saying that it's "too hard" to achieve 60FPS and "you don't gain much" from the higher frame rate. I would recommend reading the whole article, if I put the whole thing here it would be a shameless copy and paste.

Source: http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/viva-la-resoluci-n-assassin-s-creed-dev-thinks-industry-is-dropping-60-fps-standard-1268241

There is only one word to describe this guy: fuckwit

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

I wish saying something was "too hard" was a legitimate excuse in my job too.

This^^^^^^

Basically this Ubisoft dev is saying that it's "too hard" to achieve 60FPS and "you don't gain much" from the higher frame rate. I would recommend reading the whole article, if I put the whole thing here it would be a shameless copy and paste.

Source: http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/viva-la-resoluci-n-assassin-s-creed-dev-thinks-industry-is-dropping-60-fps-standard-1268241

There is only one word to describe this guy: fuckwit

Considering Ubisoft couldn't do Pacman at 60FPS on a 5Ghz, dual Titan machine, I'm not surprised.

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

This is almost as stupid as "resolution is just a number".

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

What standard is he talking about? Certainly not his largest demographic where it has been 30 for as long as I can remember.

"It's so hard" No, the hardware sucks balls.

Even the devs knows how lackluster the so called "next gen" consoles are.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

ugh, more of this '30 fps looks more cinematic' idiocy. The fact that this crap comes from the mouths of actual game developers is pretty ridiculous. I don't know what's worse, that this guy actually believes this bullshit, or if he's lying through his teeth to excuse their decision to go 30 fps.

"Too hard to get 60 FPS" my ass, sure for consoles, but those piles of shit are shit.

My build that has no dedicated GPU and is using the integrated graphics of my i5 4690K can at least come close to these "Next Gen" consoles, if not beating them.

Sure I may have to turn some settings down a bit, but most games I play easily hit 60 FPS.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

All I had to see was Ubisoft was involved in commenting on 60 FPS and anything similar and I knew they would be saying something stupid.  So like others have said I want to know how much Microsoft paid him to say this?

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

The guys behind Witcher: We will give the consoles what they can handle, but we won't gimp the PC to fit the console. Both platforms will get the best we can manage, of course the PC will be better since we can manage more.

Ubisoft: Herp Derp we are inept developers and can't exploit anything regardless of the hardware it runs on. 

I'm not even going to blame the console hardware. Console hardware HAS ALWAYS been crap. That was never the issue. 

Developers are just getting very lazy. They don't want to put in extra work. They want to repackage their work as DLC (looking at you, Bungie and Destiny) or they want to make bullshit excuses about parity just to hide the fact that they can't code their way out of a paper bag. 

Fucking hacks are what is holding the industry back. Laziness.

Not hardware. Some devs have the right attitude towards the consoles. They do what they can, where they can, but they don't gimp the PC version just cause they feel lazy. As someone who games on 3 platforms, I appreciate when a PC release isn't completely fucked up (see: Shadow of Mordor). Sure, I bought SoM on my Xbox instead of PC, but thats just my personal preference on the matter. 

I appreciate the choice. I appreciate having the effort put in no matter what platform. At least make me believe you tried. Don't give BS excuses as to why. Do you think most rational and sane PC/Console gamers give a shit about one platform exceeding another? 

I sure as hell, as a consumer who spends hundreds on a year on gaming without even talking about the hardware, don't care. I don't care that my PC stomps over my PS4 which stomps over my Xbox which stomps over the Wii U (which I don't have, but lets keep this example going). I just don't care. I care that the games are fun. First and foremost. I care that the effort was put in to make a proper port that doesn't hold back for arbitrary reasons. 

I just like playing games! 

And then these assholes come in with bullshit justifications to cover up their pathetic skills as game makers. 

If they're gonna cut corners for some eye candy, at least don't lie to consumers. They are lying saying that 30fps is superior in any way at all. 30fps works in film and television because of motion blur created by the way light hits the camera. Simulated motion blur doesn't make it look as smooth as other forms of media, nor does it make it play as well as 60fps. If they weren't being fed cash by Sony and Microsoft, they could have said something along the lines of "We dropped the frame rate and resolution in order to enable more realistic effects. Since gamers on these platforms simply have no choice as to what experience they want, we chose to give them one with higher fidelity, and less resolution. In an ideal world, we would do both, but due to hardware limitations we had to make a compromise. Frame rate and resolution made the most sense in our eyes." 

Fps is just a number.

Resolution is just a number.

They are just numbers that potato station/box fail to achieve anything high enough at.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Sorry guys, fiber optic is too dificult to mantain, we are going back to dial up!

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

Cinematic? 60 looks too real?  Console peasant's myths. If they said hardware sucked then that would be fine.

LTT CSGO SERVER! IP 8.12.22.45!~  Connect by connecting on csgo console

Use console command "connect"   --->  connect 8.12.22.45

Ubisoft was one of the few developers I actually had hope for.

With the advent of the new consoles, Ubisoft has stooped to the idiocy of EA.

Corsair 5000D / Intel Core i7 12700k / Noctua NH-D15 / MSI Z690 Pro-Wifi DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti Founder's Edition / 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz / EVGA SuperNova 650w / Samsung 850 Pro EVO 256GB / ADATA SX8200 Pro / MSI Mag 274QRF-QD / LG CX 55" / Logitech G-Pro Wireless

AhHXWub.jpg

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

Well I hope they realize that PC sales are more than just a number.

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Well I hope they realize that PC sales are more than just a number.

In honesty? Who cares. Assassin's Creed is a poor mans Shadows of Mordor which I can play without Uplay (pretty much the worst thing ever) and I got for 38 bucks. Far Cry 4 is being ported by Ubisoft Kiev (SUCKS at porting to PC) and that is probably the last good game they made (FC 3). Division is being hyped as being like Destiny which people are leaving in droves. Watch Dogs 2? No thanks. Some racing game that will prob be locked at 30 FPS (Mario Kart 8 is 60). I can't think of one game I would even want from Ubisoft. 

This company just committed suicide with the PS4 fanbase who has double the consoles in peoples hands (or will soon enough), has repeatedly ticked off the Wii U fanbase which is still ahead of Xbox One sales, and has the PC player base so sick of their crap at this point, they can say goodbye to that market.

The financial quarter before Watch Doges released PC was their lead platform on sales. They have since lied and purposely turned off E3 graphic features in the PC version, come up with some BS about cpu power needed for a single player co op game as their reason for parity between two consoles, after they said "we locked them to avoid discussion" and they have their worst port division doing the next two big releases on PC lol.

This company is going bankrupt and good riddance to them. Other companies can make Assassin's Creed better than them and just did.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.