Assassin's Creed dev thinks industry is dropping 60 fps standard

This is clearly an excuse. Ubisoft is the king of lazy ass shitty ports. They want people to believe that 30fps sub 1080p is acceptable. 1080p isn't even acceptable without very strong AA at this day any age. By the time ps5 comes it will be struggling with 1440p 2x mssa and we will have 4k 8x msaa as standard.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

To be honest, I'm not really sure who the blame here. It seems that, because the PS4 and Xbox One are underpowered in terms of their hardware, the game devs are having to make all kinds of excuses as to why the can't deliver a proper gaming experience to avoid being bashed by Sony and Microsoft. However on the other hand, the excuses that the devs are coming up with are just ridiculous, especially when they try to claim that 30fps is better than 60.

But, I do agree with what is being said here. (bring on the hate...) Here me out, the industry (Specifically the console game industry) is dropping 60fps because the consoles are underpowered, so in that sense, this guy is correct, it's just that the rest of his excuse is BS.

I expect towards the end of these consoles' life span, when games are better optimised, we will have games like this running at, at least 1080p 30fps, with the option for 720p or 900p 60fps, hopefully this will sort out all of this excuse making and lying.

There is really nothing to optimize though. Last gen the consoles were using new propitiatory hardware that game devs had to learn to code for. The current gen consols are using an x86 cpu and an AMD gpu. This ins't new exotic hardware with unknown capabilities. This is pc hardware with very well known capabilities. The only real thing that can help these consoles is if they get cloud computing to do all the work and they just half to decode stuff.

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

There is just clearly no basis for this argument. No matter what the genre is (as long it's not something like text or some simple 2D game), everyone who has seen 30FPS vs 60FPS would be able to visibly tell the difference, and agree that 30FPS really disrupts the immersion. Industry standards should only drop if there is some new technology that provides an equal or better experience based on the "new" standard - in this case maybe something like G-sync - but even then not only does he not mention it, it is hardly close enough to mainstream and even then it's not very compelling.

Developers play a vital role in determining industry standards in general, and I really hope that other developers will think that this is stupid and thus let these kind of things be one-off incidents or that  consumers will not pay for their products... although given history the latter often isn't so effective for more popular franchises.

Drop the 60 fps standard on consoles. Don't bundle us Pc gamers into the mix.

Clearly their new business strategy is "assume your customers are stupid, sell more copies"

Question mark Question mark. Profit

LTT CSGO SERVER! IP 8.12.22.45!~  Connect by connecting on csgo console

Use console command "connect"   --->  connect 8.12.22.45

i played need for speed: rivals the other day, it's capped at 30FPS on PC, it's horrible. now if a game can't run on a console at the refresh rate of the TV, maybe the Devs need to turn down some stuff, cause it looks really choppy when it dips

CPU - Ryzen 7 2700 CPU Cooler - Cooler Master ML240R Motherboard - ASUS X470-PRO RAM - Team Group Vulcan 2400Mhz 16GB GPU - EVGA RTX 2070 Black SSD - Kingston A400 120GB, ADATA SU650 1TB HDD - Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU - Seasonic Focus+ 650W Case - Fractal Design Define C Keyboard - Corsair K60 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech LS21 2.1 w/ sub Headphones - ATM 50X Racing Wheel - Logitech G27 Monitors -  ASUS VS228H-P x2

Ubisoft's new logo.

RBIkQq3.jpg

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

I'm starting to feel a mix of shame and embarrassment for the console gamers.. EMBRACE THE PC Y'ALL

900p 30fps next gen.. YEAHHHHHNOOW

100 fps is my standard on pc, 

60 - 100 is a noticeable change for me,

I'm grateful pc gaming offers me this opportunity

100+ fps is pure beauty in my eyes.

Yo soy el hombre murciélago

Next Gen Ubisoft Dev: " We wanted to go for an artistic experience, so we capped the game at 1 FPS so that the gamers can enjoy the game and our creative and artistic vision 1 frame at a time." Size of game: 50GB, Requires quad sli/ crossfire....

• CPU: i5-4670K, Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 12GB(4X3) 1866(1600), GPU: Asus ROG R9 280X Matrix Platinum + 7970GHz Edition, Storage: About 12TB spread over HDD, 2 X Corsair 120GB Force GS in Raid 0, PSU: Corsair AX860i, Display(s): Dell Ultrasharp 2K, Cooling: Corsair H110.

I wish I could say exam grades are just a letter

I think someone is tired of the PS4 and Xboner getting bullied by these "standards"

I wish saying something was "too hard" was a legitimate excuse in my job too.

If i say on my job that something is too hard i would get fired ......

I haven't lost my mind -- it's backed up on a HDD!

Well, you gain not-having-a-fucking-headache-after-ten-fuckin-minutes.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

"Oh! my games running at 40fps I better turn up the graphics and get to that 30fps sweet spot, that'll make my experience better!" - said no gamer ever...

I don't know how anyone can compare graphics quality to fps/resolution. Graphics is a superficial construct. FPS/Res actually affects gameplay... Its a no brainer. Just look at Minecraft...

Drop the graphics consoles! (Yes I know they're already terrible, ultra low maybe?)

Personally I'm PC gamer 2x780s. I don't compromise on either, but if this was forced to choose..

So glad I'm not a console gamer...

2x GTX780 (@1.29ghz) | 2x 840evo 250GB raid0 | i5 4690k (@4.7ghz) | Watercooled Modded H440 Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/255872-project-whiteout-v20-h440-watercooled-3xradiators-10-fans

"Oh! my games running at 40fps I better turn up the graphics and get to that 30fps sweet spot, that'll make my experience better!" - said no gamer ever...

I don't know how anyone can compare graphics quality to fps/resolution. Graphics is a superficial construct. FPS/Res actually affects gameplay... Its a no brainer. Just look at Minecraft...

Drop the graphics consoles! (Yes I know they're already terrible, ultra low maybe?)

Personally I'm PC gamer 2x780s. I don't compromise on either, but if this was forced to choose..

So glad I'm not a console gamer...

I think thats why nintendo targets 60fps first, graphical fidelity second.

SPAAAAAACE!!!

Basically this Ubisoft dev is saying that it's "too hard" to achieve 60FPS and "you don't gain much" from the higher frame rate. I would recommend reading the whole article, if I put the whole thing here it would be a shameless copy and paste.

Source: http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/viva-la-resoluci-n-assassin-s-creed-dev-thinks-industry-is-dropping-60-fps-standard-1268241

There is only one word to describe this guy: fuckwit

What the hell are they thinking? Hopefully it is only for the consoles, if it is also for future PC game they will be loosing a large customer base.

Nothing to see here, move along

How does it not make the game better? Sure it doesn't make the *gameplay* better but it does make the game better.

30 FPS is laggy as hell. Seriously, go play Quake 3 at 60 FPS and then cap it at 30 FPS. It is night and day in terms of smoothness. At 30 FPS it looks like ass and is extremely unresponsive, to the point of being unplayable.

The exact same thing happens in all games, not just FPS. It's just that it's more important in FPS games like Quake because it's far more sensitive to input lag. The animations being choppy is the same no matter the game though.

Q3 is a bit of a special case thanks to the way the engine works. Your FPS actually changes the physics quite a bit.

Q3 is a bit of a special case thanks to the way the engine works. Your FPS actually changes the physics quite a bit.

Just like Dead Rising 3 and NFS? :)

Comeon some fire that guy.Screw ya AMD and tarded APU in consoles sigh consoles should cost 700-800$ instead and have proper performance.Former and current consoles are for kids(performance wise) and big devs switching to them and making that a standard ? oh fking really?

double_facepalm.jpg

So, Yesterday, UBISOFT announced that Assassin's Creed Unity is locked at 30 FPS because it is more realistic and cinematic and that's why industry is dropping 60 FPS. Even Evil Within is locked at 30 FPS. What do you guys think about this.

See this article: http://www.game-debate.com/news/?news=14666&game=Assassins%20Creed:%20Unity&title=Ubisoft%20Claims%20Industry%20Is%20Dropping%2060FPS%20Standard,%2030%20FPS%20Is%20More%20Realistic

"Because it's more realistic and cinematic". More like "WE KNOW NEXT-GEN CONSOLES SUCK BALLS AND CANNOT HANDLE 60FPS FOR SHIT!"

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861