Assassin's Creed dev thinks industry is dropping 60 fps standard

And so Ubisoft keeps on digging deeper. 

"resolution is just a number"
"FPS is just a number"

To which I say; revenue is also "just a number".

CPU- 4690k @4.5ghz / 1.3v    Mobo- Asus Maximus VI Gene   RAM- 12GB GSkill Assorted 1600mhz   GPU- ASUS GTX 760 DCUII-OC 

Storage- 1TB 7200rpm WD Blue + Kingston SSDNow 240GB   PSU- Silverstone Strider ST75F-P

In honesty? Who cares. Assassin's Creed is a poor mans Shadows of Mordor which I can play without Uplay (pretty much the worst thing ever) and I got for 38 bucks. Far Cry 4 is being ported by Ubisoft Kiev (SUCKS at porting to PC) and that is probably the last good game they made (FC 3). Division is being hyped as being like Destiny which people are leaving in droves. Watch Dogs 2? No thanks. Some racing game that will prob be locked at 30 FPS (Mario Kart 8 is 60). I can't think of one game I would even want from Ubisoft. 

This company just committed suicide with the PS4 fanbase who has double the consoles in peoples hands (or will soon enough), has repeatedly ticked off the Wii U fanbase which is still ahead of Xbox One sales, and has the PC player base so sick of their crap at this point, they can say goodbye to that market.

The financial quarter before Watch Doges released PC was their lead platform on sales. They have since lied and purposely turned off E3 graphic features in the PC version, come up with some BS about cpu power needed for a single player co op game as their reason for parity between two consoles, after they said "we locked them to avoid discussion" and they have their worst port division doing the next two big releases on PC lol.

This company is going bankrupt and good riddance to them. Other companies can make Assassin's Creed better than them and just did.

Ubisoft couldn't manage a freaking Banana Stand, much less the empire they have now. 

They keep fucking up without ANY help, its almost comical isn't it?

And agreed, Shadow of Mordor reminded me of Assassins Creed 2. Interesting enough story, decent lead character, gameplay that fixed what was broken in the last game and added enough polish to feel fresh, with game mechanics that took a long time to get dull. 

SoM is my hit of the year, honestly. Such a fun game. 

"Too hard to get 60 FPS" my ass, sure for consoles, but those piles of shit are shit.

My build that has no dedicated GPU and is using the integrated graphics of my i5 4690K can at least come close to these "Next Gen" consoles, if not beating them.

Sure I may have to turn some settings down a bit, but most games I play easily hit 60 FPS.

It's really not close at all to them. CPU-wise, sure, but not GPU at all

Just fuck everything, why don't Ubisoft studios just shut up and admit that the consoles are underpowered as hell. Hell the devs should be in outrage that M$ and Sony have come up with this crap for them to develop on.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

Just fuck everything, why don't Ubisoft studios just shut up and admit that the consoles are underpowered as hell. Hell the devs should be in outrage that M$ and Sony have come up with this crap for them to develop on.

Clearly their new business strategy is "assume your customers are stupid, sell more copies"

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

Man I wish ubi didn't own the tom Clancy studio

CPU amd phenom ii x4 965 @ 3.4Ghz | Motherboard msi 970a-g46 | RAM 2x 4GB Team Elite | GPU XFX Radeon HD 7870 DD | Case NZXT Gamma Classic | HDD 750 GB Hitachi | PSU ocz modxstream pro 600w

They're just covering their arse until they are competent enough to deliver titles at 1080p at 60fps which will probably take them another 6-7 years of development when they will start to talk about how powerful these consoles are and how amazing it is they can do this stuff with them compared to their limited experience at launch.

Same shit recycled over and over each console cycle.

PC is a different ecosystem, we see engines adapt to become more intensive and we match upwards to attain that next level of detail or immersion.  I kinda feel bad for these console devs who no doubt want to play with the shiniest of toys but are limited to developing for 5 year old hardware.  If the current cycle lasts as long, which I know many doubt it will, but this would see us having these systems till 2020.... with an underclocked GPU that launched in April 2010...

This is almost as stupid as "resolution is just a number".

Love this qoute in the article :-D

It's like when people start asking about resolution. Is it the number of the quality of the pixels that you want? If the game looks gorgeous, who cares about the number?

Cinematic my *** It's a game not a movie!

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

Sorry guys, fiber optic is too dificult to mantain, we are going back to dial up!

Be careful what you say. Comecast may hear it.

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

Sighs why do ubisoft keep doing this shit.

L2P the game ubi don't be such chobos.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Well, not like I was going to buy it anyway.

Sick of Ubisoft, Uplay, and horrible performing games that are okay at best story and gameplay wise.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

What happened to the idea of progress?

Moving forward, making things better, more of this, more of that, ALL OF THE EVERYTHING.

Nowadays it's just like, "30fps is okay", "we had to compromise", "we couldn't do this", "it's too hard".

For fuck's sake..

Well, in my mind, it's like this. If the consoles get capped at 30 fps so the game can have better AI or better graphical effects so that strong-enough PC hardware can take full advantage of it at a playable framerate, then I'm not too broken up about it. My only concern is if the PC gets capped at 30 fps as well, or if it's a crappy, unoptimized port (which, because it's Ubisoft, is a distinctpossibility). Of course, that doesn't excuse flat-out bullshitting like this Ubisoft guy is doing - consoles are low-end, restricted gaming PCs, and as such they need to make a lot of sacrifices to make games playable. I wish more people in the industry would admit that...

fps is just a number

resolution is just a number 

our sales income is just a number 

if their are going to start locking fps at pc version i will ......do something horrible (idk what) (did this sound too threatening ? )

Cancerous company Ubisoft has become.

The guys behind Witcher: We will give the consoles what they can handle, but we won't gimp the PC to fit the console. Both platforms will get the best we can manage, of course the PC will be better since we can manage more.

Ubisoft: Herp Derp we are inept developers and can't exploit anything regardless of the hardware it runs on. 

I'm not even going to blame the console hardware. Console hardware HAS ALWAYS been crap. That was never the issue. 

Developers are just getting very lazy. They don't want to put in extra work. They want to repackage their work as DLC (looking at you, Bungie and Destiny) or they want to make bullshit excuses about parity just to hide the fact that they can't code their way out of a paper bag. 

Fucking hacks are what is holding the industry back. Laziness.

Not hardware. Some devs have the right attitude towards the consoles. They do what they can, where they can, but they don't gimp the PC version just cause they feel lazy. As someone who games on 3 platforms, I appreciate when a PC release isn't completely fucked up (see: Shadow of Mordor). Sure, I bought SoM on my Xbox instead of PC, but thats just my personal preference on the matter. 

I appreciate the choice. I appreciate having the effort put in no matter what platform. At least make me believe you tried. Don't give BS excuses as to why. Do you think most rational and sane PC/Console gamers give a shit about one platform exceeding another? 

I sure as hell, as a consumer who spends hundreds on a year on gaming without even talking about the hardware, don't care. I don't care that my PC stomps over my PS4 which stomps over my Xbox which stomps over the Wii U (which I don't have, but lets keep this example going). I just don't care. I care that the games are fun. First and foremost. I care that the effort was put in to make a proper port that doesn't hold back for arbitrary reasons. 

I just like playing games! 

And then these assholes come in with bullshit justifications to cover up their pathetic skills as game makers. 

SO true well said well said 

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

The only industry that has 60 fps as a standard is PC. Consoles should be working towards 60 fps instead of focusing on graphics as heavily.

I suppose that might just be me though. I can't play at 30fps first person shooters without giving me a headache but even with other genres the game just seems so choppy to the point of it being distracting.

If I was solely a console user I'm not sure what I would think though. If I was never used to 60 fps I think I would rather have better graphics for more immersion and maybe that's what developers have realized. They just better make sure the PC port runs at 60fps without 'unexpected results'.

Ubisoft dev is saying that it's "too hard" to achieve 60FPS and "you don't gain much" from the higher frame rate.

I would honestly say.... he doesn't play games on computers that much AT ALL. Obviously if he did, he would see clearly.

Obvious is Obvious?

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Well, that was quick. Didn't it just become a standard again? I mean, most PS1 and PS2 games didn't run at 60fps. Some N64 games didn't even reach 30. And all PAL games were, for obvious reasons, 50 at best.

The last-gen was the first console generation with most games being 60.

Well, that was quick. Didn't it just become a standard again? I mean, most PS1 and PS2 games didn't run at 60fps. Some N64 games didn't even reach 30. And all PAL games were, for obvious reasons, 50 at best.

The last-gen was the first console generation with most games being 60.

Well, most PAL Gamecube games gave the option to run in either 50 or 60hz mode upon boot-up. And if I recall correctly, Metroid Prime (or one of them) could ONLY be run on 60hz capable displays.

I'm not sure if that meant the games fps caps rose from 50-60 or if it was something else though =s

So done with Ubisoft. They just keep... on... digging.  -_-

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

"If the game looks gorgeous, who cares about the number?"

Uhhhh... Me?

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

-snip-

And then these assholes come in with bullshit justifications to cover up their pathetic skills as game makers. 

Wow for the first time I agree with you 100%. Cheers.

The console players don't care. I know I didn't when I was a console gamer. I think the other issue is that its obvious, or should be, that UniSoft doesn't give a shit about PC gamers. There will always be PC sales because there are people who love franchises like AC and will tolerate a shitty port.