Assassin's Creed dev thinks industry is dropping 60 fps standard

Yes I understand its in almost every platform. I said this is only part of the issue with PC gamers... We think we are an "elite" form of gamer when really we are nothing special. If a game company decides to limit to 30fps because its easier for them then I can't blame them, Im just glad they brought it out on PC in the first place. I bet most people shouting about it don't even have a clue how to program games and how hard it actually is.

Programming a game that does not have FPS locked to 30 on PC is not difficult, unless you've made some really idiotic design decisions. Games on PC have had unlocked framerates for years and years, and a huge developer like ubisoft has more than enough resources to make a proper PC port. When a small developer with little pc experience makes a poor pc port I can forgive that (like the first Dark Souls port), but a large developer like ubisoft that has had quite a few games on pc should absolutely know better.

There's nothing 'elite' about expecting a game to not be arbitrarily crippled on your platform.

And people aren't even mad at ubisoft purely because their games are locked at 30 fps on console, they are angry because they are making blatantly false/misleading statements such as '30 fps is more cinematic' and '60 fps feels wrong'.

If your game is 30 fps on console because of the limitations of console hardware, that's fine, but don't go spewing blatantly misleading bullshit about it. Ubisoft deserves all of the bad PR they are getting because of these statements.

That's just stupid to lock a game in framerate. Why should they even do that?  Makes no sense.

I hate it do not run a game at 60FPS and it is noticeable for me. (no g-synch screens) 

The gameseries dies for me if they really do that.

9 of 10 voices in my mind say I'm crazy. The tenth hums the melody of Tetris.