Dear LTT, please stop hating Apple

zicru
Just now, Hilltrot said:

And some people still watch TV on 12" Black and White CRTs.  To each their own.  If you don't want to buy an iPad, that's fine by me.   There was a time in which my business actually gave me a iPad to use.  I returned it because I had no use for it.

I would have sold it if it was mine to keep, easy money.

SLAMD-XT  Ryzen 2600X 4.125ghz 1.26v~Gigabyte B450 Aorus ELITE~16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000mhz C15~Arcting Cooling Freezer 34 Esports Duo~Gigabyte Aorus RX 5700-XT~CIT chassis~120GB PNY SSD~WD BLUE 3D NAND 1TB SSD M.2~Phobya 120mm G.Silent's~SuperFlower Leadex III GOLD~Razer Basilisk~RedDragon Kumura

4 minutes ago, GreyestGoat said:

This is why companies never upgrade computers and likely were using Pentium 3 processors up until around 2006.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

4 minutes ago, Hilltrot said:

He started two companies when it did not make financial sense.

How much is elon worth? The reason you don't think it makes sense is because you don't understand what he is doing and his requirements.   He is sitting on a pretty pile of pennies for his efforts, that alone shows his decisions are paying off for him.  So either your analogy is wrong or you are. take your pick.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

2 minutes ago, GreyestGoat said:

I would have sold it if it was mine to keep, easy money.

It wasn't mine to keep, just mine to lose and have to pay for later which is why I returned it.

2 minutes ago, Hilltrot said:

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Indeed but do you see how your response to my post is contradictory? Apple products are useless for most people, they only sell because lesser intelligent people go off of their social ego to look good and to show how expensive they are, in reality people should aim to be worth a lot rather than a product.

What can you do with your time? Are you worth my time?

Resourcefulness.

Ingenuity.

Passion.

Acceptance.

Maturity.

Intelligence.

Come from not following the crowd and the ego conscience.

SLAMD-XT  Ryzen 2600X 4.125ghz 1.26v~Gigabyte B450 Aorus ELITE~16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000mhz C15~Arcting Cooling Freezer 34 Esports Duo~Gigabyte Aorus RX 5700-XT~CIT chassis~120GB PNY SSD~WD BLUE 3D NAND 1TB SSD M.2~Phobya 120mm G.Silent's~SuperFlower Leadex III GOLD~Razer Basilisk~RedDragon Kumura

1 minute ago, mr moose said:

How much is elon worth? The reason you don't think it makes sense is because you don't understand what he is doing and his requirements.   He is sitting on a pretty pile of pennies for his efforts, that alone shows his decisions are paying off for him.  So either your analogy is wrong or you are. take your pick.

It did not make financial sense at the time.

Just now, Hilltrot said:

Not to you it didn't. But to him, he understood exactly what he was doing.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

People don't have reasons to buy iPads?  The difference is only in the matter of scope.

If you don't need an iPad, then buying one is a waste of money. There's a difference between want and need.

He started two companies when it did not make financial sense.

Creating those companies was an investment, that doesn't mean that the average person buying a $1000 product as opposed to a $500 product that does the same thing will be considered a sound investment.

8 minutes ago, Hilltrot said:

There is a difference between doing a job and doing a job well and quickly.

And that right there is subjective.

5 minutes ago, Hilltrot said:

To each their own.

No shit, that's what we've been saying

Just now, Hilltrot said:

You're trying to marry the ideas of long investments with choosing between products of different price points, the former with get you your money back and more, the latter is spending less for something that you will dispose of down the line.

I found it illuminating that people would use a product just for Facebook, but i also understand that social media addiction is for warped ego's.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/your-online-secrets/201709/social-media-addicts-need-feed-their-egos

https://www.wired.com/2013/08/buying-apple-products-is-a-form-of-narcissism/

http://www.debate.org/opinions/is-buying-apple-products-an-exercise-in-narcissism

Apple being a big brand and having a social ego.. all adds up.

Then you have your genuinely non educated and brainwashed.

2 minutes ago, GreyestGoat said:

Indeed but do you see how your response to my post is contradictory? Apple products are useless for most people, they only sell because lesser intelligent people go off of their social ego to look good and to show how expensive they are, in reality people should aim to be worth a lot rather than a product.

This is an opinion you have - one based upon a certain world view and feeling about certain people and objects you may not be aware of.

Take a Lamborghini.  Is there an actual need for a Lamborghini?  How many people who own one actually use it for something other than cruising around town and boosting their social ego.

Where are the hordes of people complaining, bitching, and cussing out everyone at that Italian car company?  Where are the forums filled with those who are hatemongering the Lam?

The Lam is expensive, difficult to impossible to repair.  It's easy to dent and break the windows. They break down more often . . . etc. etc.  All the reasons to have a hate group for Apple exist with the Lam.

There was a decision by many here that they had to attack and express their hatred for Apple.  This is not rational.  One can point out the problems with a product without expressing feelings toward it.  One can rationally see the benefits and negatives of a product as well as understanding the reasons behind it.  Or one can simply cuss out anyone who defends a product.

Let's say someone buys an iPad purely for Social Ego as you say.  Why should that bother you? 

28 minutes ago, Hilltrot said:

This is an opinion you have - one based upon a certain world view and feeling about certain people and objects you may not be aware of.

Take a Lamborghini.  Is there an actual need for a Lamborghini?  How many people who own one actually use it for something other than cruising around town and boosting their social ego.

Where are the hordes of people complaining, bitching, and cussing out everyone at that Italian car company?  Where are the forums filled with those who are hatemongering the Lam?

The Lam is expensive, difficult to impossible to repair.  It's easy to dent and break the windows. They break down more often . . . etc. etc.  All the reasons to have a hate group for Apple exist with the Lam.

There was a decision by many here that they had to attack and express their hatred for Apple.  This is not rational.  One can point out the problems with a product without expressing feelings toward it.  One can rationally see the benefits and negatives of a product as well as understanding the reasons behind it.  Or one can simply cuss out anyone who defends a product.

Let's say someone buys an iPad purely for Social Ego as you say.  Why should that bother you? 

Apple never did bother me, what bothered me would be people buying because their friend has one and they want to look cool, or buying one based on perceived value rather then having any knowledge of the product they are truly buying. The only thing i do miss is the iPOD clicky wheel and playing solitair. Nothing there to hold me to the brand.

I use a Windows PC just because it makes sense for everything that i do, i had a natural curiosity for electronics from youth, a MAC is not what a person with that interest is going to buy as their machines are not geared towards that sort of thing in general, no tinkering.

I don't hate Apple, hate is a very strong word and people should be wise enough to know what words they are using.

As for cruising and looking cool, that is what most people do, that is who Apple caters to.

On 4/18/2020 at 4:12 AM, NZgamer said:

It's their opinion. I'm still going to hate apple. You may not hate apple anymore but you can't start telling other people to love apple because you love them now.

I 100% agree. Apple is far from a perfect company. However, (correct me if I'm wrong) I feel like what zicru was trying to say was for people to stop making unfair reviews and to stop hating Apple users. Saying,

On 4/18/2020 at 3:54 AM, zicru said:

I am asking you to stop the Apple hate trend.

might be a bit misleading and this could have been clarified more.

Here is my music player & earphones.

Fiio FM3121 8GB with Micro-SD expansion (256GB installed)

Earphones are Beydynamic DTX102iE.

https://www.whathifi.com/beyerdynamic/dtx-102-ie/review

The player i have had for 5 years and earphones for 3 years. Both bought on sale from Amazon.

They both still cost less than a 64GB iPOD product and sound superior.20200422_013404.jpg.e65748d664e5646b25e940cec66e47cf.jpg

24 minutes ago, lewdicrous said:

If you don't need an iPad, then buying one is a waste of money. There's a difference between want and need.

LOL.  People don't need anything.  If someone wants something, then that is all one needs to purchase it.  If they liked their purchase, then it wasn't a waste of money.  Arguing otherwise means that you don't support Capitalism.

If you don't need to play video games, then you are wasting money.   Why don't you go to the the Build section and suggest to everyone that they stop buying and building stuff they don't need.

37 minutes ago, lewdicrous said:

No shit, that's what we've been saying

That's not what people here have been saying.  Many here are actually criticizing people for the purchases they've made - not "to each their own".

But I realize now that I've unintentionally hijacked this thread.  Oh, well . . .

2 minutes ago, Hilltrot said:

Arguing otherwise means that you don't support Capitalism.

I don't support it, no.

6 minutes ago, Hilltrot said:

If you don't need to play video games, then you are wasting money.   Why don't you go to the the Build section and suggest to everyone that they stop buying and building stuff they don't need.

I don't care what other people do with their money, what I care about is people suggesting a more expensive product from one brand that will do the same thing as a cheaper product from a different company.

Not buying things you don't need doesn't mean you shouldn't treat yourself, it means you shouldn't spend more than what you'd get back from it. That in itself is subjective, but oh well, to each their own, as you say.

How about I think most people are silly buying expensive MacBooks to browse Facebook but there are legitimate use cases for them. They have certain features that are superior to what Windows stuff offers but that's not as high priority for me. For me, I like having ports, repairability, a good keyboard, and the TrackPoint. Even though the MacBook has better speakers, display (in most cases), and touchpad than my ThinkPads, I would still pick my ThinkPads since I can open mine up and do my own repairs and upgrades. I'm typing this on an X230 modded with the old school keyboard. I may go for the "X330" with a quad-core CPU down the line. I upgraded my other ThinkPad, an X1 Extreme, to 32 GB of RAM and added a 2 TB SSD to it. I can't do that with a MacBook because everything is soldered down.

However, I'm not a total Apple hater. When it comes to phones and tablets, I'm totally happy sticking with Apple. I care much less about tinkering when it comes to those devices so in that use case, the iPhone and the iPad are pretty well-suited for me. I've tried Android phones and tablets too but none of them have impressed me enough to compel me to switch. Apple's also pretty good about supporting their devices long-term. I used an iPad Air 2 for six years and, outside of battery life and occasional dropped wifi, it ran pretty well. I don't plan on upgrading my iPhone 8 Plus for a while either. It's paid off and I don't find Apple's current stuff a big enough leap for me to make the jump. Maybe when they get rid of the notch but until then, it does everything I want to do with a smartphone.

4 hours ago, Hilltrot said:

Name the better one.

For me, the better one would be pretty literally any modern Android-tablet, including e.g. the Samsung Galaxy Tab S6.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

4 hours ago, JayBoss said:

Apple's products are over priced because there's literally way better phones you can get that perform just as good, or even better than apple's.

The a13 chip outperforms the snapdragon 855 in quite a few workloads if your talking performance.

although the iPhone 11 still has 1080p 60hz when other screens have higher resolution and refresh rate.

the cameras amazing, but don’t know how it compares to similarly priced phones. 

The OS is very smooth, but doesn’t have as many features as I would like, very user friendly though.

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

2 hours ago, NZgamer said:

I agree with this.

I'm tired of hearing "Ewwww you have an Android! You're poor!"

Well I'm very sorry that I spent $200 on a phone that not only looks good but does everything I need and want in a phone without spending $1000 for a social status. Nokia 3.1 btw

2 things to say about this:

1. Even if someone is poor, being poor is not a valid criticism of that person worth  nor a criticism of the value of having products that person can afford.   If anyone thinks a persons worth is dictated by material wealth and then goes on to look down their nose at them because they can't afford an iphone, then I am afraid,   they are the one's who's value as a person is less than a rank shit that not even a dog would want to smell.  No one else's.

and 2.

I had a nokia 3.1, I loved it until I started having software issues (never worked out why but I suspect a factory reset would have fixed it).  Turns out I am unique in that because from what I read they are exceptional for their price. I personally loved the solid feel, the thing actually felt like it was solid steel, not flimsy plastic/aluminium.

every apple user i know who actually likes apple, either 1. never had an android or 2. only had one android and it was something crappy like an HTC Aria......

my largest issue is price vs performance. their smooth machines but costly and unless you benefit from a specific niche that needs apples OSX, it would never be considered cost effective and whats up with the different data types/storage formats not all being interchangable between other operating systems in the world?

also these same people like it for it compatability with all its apple eveything..... which is due to apple thoroughly testing anything with its name on it, which is one of the very few things i like about apple.... the other is the form factors, i mean apple does make some sexy devices tho...

microsoft and linux win the pc game, unless you want to buy a apple pc to run OSX.....

because noone ever wanted to build their own custom system for there use case and not spend a rediculous amount for a system thats still limited by the manufacturer.... atleast with microsoft if i need something done, theirs a program for that..... linux is a whole different beast and is capable of much more, but isnt OSX based off a modified linux kernel? 

however noones perfect and the android guys have issues too, especially bixby...... who thought that was useful? they could have atleast got it on par with siri.... 

but android is so popular and opensource, so it can be made do anything..... even everything apple can do

so why would i buy a manufacturer limited device, when i like to maximize my hardware? 

you guessed it i wont... 
JUST MY OPINION, afterall i wouldnt want you type up an entire letter to send to me on my own forum, to tell me im a bias fanboy of the technological leaders of today, when apple consistently dissapoints the tech community on a daily basis.....  

- Thread Locked -

I believe this discussion has run its course. This has long departed from discussing feedback of LTTs coverage of Apple products and has just become a general brand argument.

• No trolling or flame-bait.
    • This includes topics such as AMD vs NVIDIA, "company X sucks", and political or religious debates.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450