Dear LTT, please stop hating Apple

zicru
7 minutes ago, NZgamer said:

Well, that's where you're wrong.

If you continued to read my response and other's you would know why I and others hate Apple.

Please read my post properly.

No I didn't.

Your emotional response clouds your reasoning.  You aren't able to look at things objectively.

Anything you said after that is like the "news" in CNN.  Ignoring the good, focusing on the negatives, and twisting the narrative.

16 minutes ago, Hilltrot said:

period.

You can't name a better one.  You lose.  You said something without thinking it through.  If you had just come back with one, you might have a point, but unfortunately your opinion is based upon emotions and not facts.

You may think that what you said was awe inspiring, but nah, it was just bullshit. 

8 minutes ago, Hilltrot said:

Thank you for confirming most people's reaction to Apple is emotional rather than factual.

Personal preference will always be a thing, in fact, you use personal preference every day whether you know it or not; have you ever stayed away from anything just cause you didn't like it? Doesn't have to be tech related, it can be a fruit, a drink, a song, etc., your emotions towards things dictate how much they seem attractive or repulsive to you.

3 minutes ago, Hilltrot said:

That's a cop out.

It's like saying a 2080ti RTX is not as good as a 1650 GTX because a 1650 can fit in more computer cases and uses less power.

What kind of logic is that.  IF you need something to run a spread sheet and play light games then a 1650 is easily a better product than a 2080ti.  Why pay for shit you will never use.

It's a silly argument.  A 2080TI is better than a 1650 - period.  If you are in the tiny niche group which needs a 1650, you got it because your circumstances forced you - not because you wanted it.

None of this stupid "But there is a small tiny niche market where this item is better."

As I pointed out it is not always better, there is no such thing as absolutes in which products is better.  The fact you want to ignore any form of critical thinking and label it a "cop out" is testimony to this.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Your emotional response clouds your reasoning.  You aren't able to look at things objectively.

Says the person who lets his thoughts cloud his judgment and refuses to look at things objectively.

Different people have different needs, that is not a clouded judgment, that is a critical fact.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Just now, lewdicrous said:

You may think that what you said was awe inspiring, but nah, it was just bullshit. 

Not here to inspire.

2 minutes ago, lewdicrous said:

Personal preference will always be a thing, in fact, you use personal preference every day whether you know it or not; have you ever stayed away from anything just cause you didn't like it? Doesn't have to be tech related, it can be a fruit, a drink, a song, etc., your emotions towards things dictate how much they seem attractive or repulsive to you.

You're exactly right.  People do make their choices off of personal feelings everyday.  In many cases, people will make a decision to purchase something based on how someone made them feel.  At other time people will skip work, skip classes, avoid chores, etc. because of the negative feelings.  Those who are successful will be able to overcome certain these negative feelings to look at things objectively and act objectively.  

18 minutes ago, Arika S said:

I CANT FIND THE MUSTACHE GUY READING MEME | Meme Research ...

if they didn't know about it, then it's not an issue though...?

I meant thinking that what happened was a small issue on their part or the hardware when it’s an OS issue.

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

I mean Apple is mainly criticised for being over priced. I still agree that Apple's products are over priced because there's literally way better phones you can get that perform just as good, or even better than apple's. Another reason why I still hate them is that their phones are so boring. The user interface has and still is the same since the first release o the iPhone. They force you to adapt to their liking. Every other phone's user interface is, to some point, customisable, but apple's nope. This also goes for the MacBooks as well because their interface is just 1000 times more confusing than Windows. If Apple from the start was just a company that worked WITH other companies instead of just working alone, developing their own way for everything, maybe they'd have more appreciation now as a good company 

1 minute ago, Hilltrot said:

Not here to inspire.

Good.

1 minute ago, Hilltrot said:

In many cases, people will make a decision to purchase something based on how someone made them feel.

Exactly, some people buy things/stay away from things because of how someone/something makes them feel, it may also be drawn from personal experience. You shouldn't get something just cause you read some numbers on a spec sheet, you'll be getting yourself closer into disappointment territory. 

6 minutes ago, Hilltrot said:

At other time people will skip work, skip classes, avoid chores, etc. because of the negative feelings.

Now you're going into mental health, I won't play armchair psychologist. 

7 minutes ago, Hilltrot said:

Those who are successful will be able to overcome certain these negative feelings to look at things objectively and act objectively.  

Those who are successful harness what they have at hand and don't spend ridiculous amounts of money on things they don't need.

1 minute ago, lewdicrous said:

Those who are successful harness what they have at hand and don't spend ridiculous amounts of money on things they don't need.

Actually they do.  Elon Musk did not need a rocket company and an electric car company.  Yet he spent a ridiculous amount on both items.   

1 hour ago, ShrimpBrime said:

The hardware iPhone has actually kicks ass. All honesty. Top cameras for sure. All day very appealing features. 

It lacks the freedom of a file system that I can access as it where a PC I suppose. I don't know how they have everything now,,, but music through i-tunes was so horrible. I have a 4 and 5 in the drawers. At the time, 6" sub 200$ Android did just fine. Still on that same kick.

It's a "phone". I miss pay phones. Rotary phones. I miss not needing an area code when I dialed out. 7 digits man lol.  

I miss buttons.

SLAMD-XT  Ryzen 2600X 4.125ghz 1.26v~Gigabyte B450 Aorus ELITE~16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000mhz C15~Arcting Cooling Freezer 34 Esports Duo~Gigabyte Aorus RX 5700-XT~CIT chassis~120GB PNY SSD~WD BLUE 3D NAND 1TB SSD M.2~Phobya 120mm G.Silent's~SuperFlower Leadex III GOLD~Razer Basilisk~RedDragon Kumura

4 minutes ago, Hilltrot said:

Actually they do.  Elon Musk did not need a rocket company and an electric car company.  Yet he spent a ridiculous amount on both items.   

And some people don't NEED an ipad, but spend ridiculous amounts on them just to facebook.

Just now, Hilltrot said:

Tesla:

Since the company’s inception in 2003, Tesla’s mission has been to accelerate the world’s transition to a sustainable energy future.

SpaceX:

Initially, Musk had the idea of sending a greenhouse, dubbed the Mars Oasis, to the Red Planet. His goal was to drum up public interest in exploration while also providing a science base on Mars. But the cost ended up being too high, and instead, Musk started a spaceflight company called Space Exploration Technologies Corp., or SpaceX, now based in the Los Angeles suburb of Hawthorne, California. 

Elon had his reasons to create these companies, that has nothing to do with someone like you and me buying a product from Apple or from someone else.

Also, I find it amusing that you brought up Elon Musk, especially when you actually read that he went to a different venture when he realized that what he was doing did not make financial sense, the same way it doesn't financially make sense to buy a $1000+ laptop when you can get a $500+ laptop that does the same job, for example.

2 minutes ago, lewdicrous said:

Tesla:

SpaceX:

Elon had his reasons to create these companies, that has nothing to do with someone like you and me buying a product from Apple or from someone else.

Also, I find it amusing that you brought up Elon Musk, especially when you actually read that he went to a different venture when he realized that what he was doing did not make financial sense, the same way it doesn't financially make sense to buy a $1000+ laptop when you can get a $500+ laptop that does the same job, for example.

My phone does everything a laptop would, my actual computer does more than a laptop would.

It does everything an Apple product would except better because i would not be able to do what i want to do on an Apple product, on top of paying through the eye balls for 2014 speeds.

SLAMD-XT  Ryzen 2600X 4.125ghz 1.26v~Gigabyte B450 Aorus ELITE~16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000mhz C15~Arcting Cooling Freezer 34 Esports Duo~Gigabyte Aorus RX 5700-XT~CIT chassis~120GB PNY SSD~WD BLUE 3D NAND 1TB SSD M.2~Phobya 120mm G.Silent's~SuperFlower Leadex III GOLD~Razer Basilisk~RedDragon Kumura

Just now, mr moose said:

And some people don't NEED an ipad, but spend ridiculous amounts on them just to facebook.

The iPad does have the best cameras for that purpose.  It runs Facebook quite well with an excellent reading screen.   And that person may care about there privacy to the point that they don't want the Android version which spies on them.

And how did you become the person who decides what people need?

Just now, Hilltrot said:

The iPad does have the best cameras for that purpose.  It runs Facebook quite well with an excellent reading screen.   And that person may care about there privacy to the point that they don't want the Android version which spies on them.

How much is an iPAD?

A person might prefer the ipads camera and screen, but another person might not.  Not sure why this really simple concept escapes you.

Say's the person who insists he knows what everyone needs in response to someone saying let the people decide what they need.  The hypocrisy in your posts is out of control.

I am frugal, though this year i spoilt myself with new parts, £950 down the pan, but it was worth it as it was a one in a long time investment for a long time of enjoyment and use.

I usually buy my things second hand from charity shops and i always scout the bargains in supermarkets, it never occured to me Facebook would look better on an iPAD vs on my tiny phone screen.

6 minutes ago, lewdicrous said:

People don't have reasons to buy iPads?  The difference is only in the matter of scope.

8 minutes ago, lewdicrous said:

Also, I find it amusing that you brought up Elon Musk, especially when you actually read that he went to a different venture when he realized that what he was doing did not make financial sense

He started two companies when it did not make financial sense.

9 minutes ago, lewdicrous said:

the same way it doesn't financially make sense to buy a $1000+ laptop when you can get a $500+ laptop that does the same job, for example.

There is a difference between doing a job and doing a job well and quickly.

13 minutes ago, GreyestGoat said:

How much is an iPAD?

However much people are willing to pay for it.

4 minutes ago, Hilltrot said:

People don't have reasons to buy iPads?  The difference is only in the matter of scope.

He started two companies when it did not make financial sense.

There is a difference between doing a job and doing a job well and quickly.

But if it does the same job, there is time to put in your energy into others things whilst that product is away working for you, in the same moment a faster machine will do it sooner but the balance is the same.

If it has a dead line then you just commit more time, it is called having a working mind and being intelligent with time and resources.

This is why companies never upgrade computers and likely were using Pentium 3 processors up until around 2006.

Just now, Hilltrot said:

However much people are willing to pay for it.

Well that is not the case though is it as outlet's have fixed prices with soem on sale and some never.

For the money an iPAD would take from me, i could buy food for 3 months.

10 minutes ago, GreyestGoat said:

I am frugal, though this year i spoilt myself with new parts, £950 down the pan, but it was worth it as it was a one in a long time investment for a long time of enjoyment and use.

I usually buy my things second hand from charity shops and i always scout the bargains in supermarkets, it never occured to me Facebook would look better on an iPAD vs on my tiny phone screen.

And some people still watch TV on 12" Black and White CRTs.  To each their own.  If you don't want to buy an iPad, that's fine by me.   There was a time in which my business actually gave me a iPad to use.  I returned it because I had no use for it.