LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

for my amd gpus i need to set up the gpus for "compute" and not "gaming" in the driver settings 

without this my rx580 arent working with folding

4 minutes ago, borderman16 said:

Corona is pure piss, unfortunately good Mexican beers are never seen outside of Mexico. My favorite are Victoria and Indio

GERMAN BEER 4 the Winn lol. But ok lets not get to of topic here.... we need a beer oftopic chat :) 

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

Just now, Gero1998 said:

for my amd gpus i need to set up the gpus for "compute" and not "gaming" in the driver settings 

without this my rx580 arent working with folding

Interesting! Wich crash do you get in the logs?

Just started folding last night. Just joined the forum today.

Got my 4.9GHz OC 8600K cranking away, but the client is struggling to get work for the GPU (980ti).

Working hard 🦾!!!

Stay safe all!

1 minute ago, Metallus97 said:

Interesting! Wich crash do you get in the logs?

idk ,

The gpus only started to work after I switched to compute in the driver 

without this setting, only my cpu worked

image.png.f2d95f836ed9c3d96f198c0cfd4dc680.png

Interesting!

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, GOTSpectrum said:

Interesting!

ahh thats why i gont get any passkey :D

1 minute ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Interesting!

ohhhhhhhh crapppppp. Lets hope Goolge and Yahoo will react fast!

12 minutes ago, FooYoungHi said:

I'm having issues folding properly on Linux Mint. I'm relatively new to Linux, so forgive me if I'm overlooking something stupid.

I can't get my GPU to be recognised, it just gives me the error "On client "local" 127.0.0.1:36330: No available GPUs" when I try to add it manually. AFAIK the drivers are properly installed, but I won't be surprised if that would be the issue.

Any Linux users able to help me out here (or point me to the proper subforum)? The difference between folding with a R5 1600 and a RX5700 is a bit too great, I think.

Verify your drivers and check which on you are using. There is a Driver option in the settings section. It runs through APT so it might not load if you are doing anything else with APT

Cheers from the Border

1 minute ago, ZeZke said:

No work units for my 3950X it seems.

Give it time. There are more systems than WU currently circulating. It took me 30 minutes for my first WU last night

Cheers from the Border

4 minutes ago, ZeZke said:

No work units for my 3950X it seems.

it took about 30 to 45 minutes for my 8600K to get a WU today. My 980ti is still waiting for WUs.

Patience and perseverance will help us all science the heck out of this thing!

Joined the forum for this and first time folding. Some questions...

1. Any additional configuration needed to ensure its folding for COVID?

2. Passkey email always delayed?

3. Would an AMD RX480 fold better than my current AMD Ryzen 3800x?

Folding on unraid with F@h in a docker, on a 3800x. 

Thanks all!

3 minutes ago, DayDreamer2734 said:

it took about 30 to 45 minutes for my 8600K to get a WU today. My 980ti is still waiting for WUs.

Patience and perseverance will help us all science the heck out of this thing!

8 minutes ago, borderman16 said:

Give it time. There are more systems than WU currently circulating. It took me 30 minutes for my first WU last night

Yup! I believe that in the next days they will adjust WU production to the massive amount of donors right now!

Hi

Guys

I've signed up, Still paying my electricity bill from the last folding event lol

Will have similar to last time

my system

i7 7700k - 2070 Super

& sons system 

i5 7600k - 1070 ti

Don't think I'll be able to max them out like last time but every little helps

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Motherboard Asus Strix B550i | RAM 32gb 3200 Crucial Ballistix | GPU Nvidia RTX 3070 Founder Edition | Cooling Barrow CPU/PUMP Block, EKWB Vector GPU Block, Corsair 280mm Radiator | Case NZXT H1 | Storage Sabrent Rocket 2tb, Samsung SM951 1tb

PSU NZXT S650 SFX Gold | Display Acer Predator XB271HU | Keyboard Corsair K70 Lux | Mouse Corsair M65 Pro  

Sound Logitech Z560 THX | Operating System Windows 10 Pro

Just now, TheRealShadoh said:

Joined the forum for this and first time folding. Some questions...

1. Any additional configuration needed to ensure its folding for COVID?

2. Passkey email always delayed?

3. Would an AMD RX480 fold better than my current AMD Ryzen 3800x?

Folding on unraid with F@h in a docker, on a 3800x. 

Thanks all!

1. Nope. Set the preference on any 

2. yup or in spam. Seems that the F@H server was flagged by some email providers... 

3. do both! you have enough cores. I do the same with my Unraid. make a one core (the core plus its HT thread) for a Windows VW, pass through the GPU and fold there. Rest of your 3800x can fold via the docker. Getting a AMD GPU to work in a docker is HARD...

1 minute ago, Metallus97 said:

1. Nope. Set the preference on any 

2. yup or in spam. Seems that the F@H server was flagged by some email providers... 

3. do both! you have enough cores. I do the same with my Unraid. make a one core (the core plus its HT thread) for a Windows VW, pass through the GPU and fold there. Rest of your 3800x can fold via the docker. Getting a AMD GPU to work in a docker is HARD...

Awesome, I'll just tweak my VM i use to get into my network while traveling. Thanks for the quick reply. 

Started folding yesterday but only just joined the team, just got it sat on while I work. One question though, is there any way to limit the gpu usage at all? I searched but all of them came up with nothing, however I was wondering if I could let my gpu actually run without cooking itself, since it would if I were to let it (vega 64).

Thanks, and good luck folding everyone

2 minutes ago, FooYoungHi said:

I am using the AMDGPU drivers from the AMD site. The Driver Manager shows that no proprietary drivers are in use.

I am going to run it on my Linux Machine but it is literally quite the opposite of your machine Intel CPU/NVIDIA GPU. Ill let you know if I had to tweak something

Cheers from the Border

On 3/13/2020 at 7:21 AM, GOTSpectrum said:

Minimum Participation Requirements For Prizes

10 Days Active, 500,000 Points

This is our highest yet but should be possible for most people seeing as most modern GPUs and CPUs can hit this.

Is this 10 Days where it is online or a total of 10 days of time running F@H? New here so not sure what to expect but excited to get going.

Ryzen 7 1700 @3.8GHz | Asus X370-F | 32gb Corsair Lpx | Nvidia Rtx 2070 super | WD black 256gb nvme | Crucial mx300 1Tb sata | Fractal Design Meshify C | Corsair RM750i | Noctua Nh-u12a | Samsung 1440p 144hz VA 

Certified Noctua fan

2 minutes ago, Ghilo said:

Started folding yesterday but only just joined the team, just got it sat on while I work. One question though, is there any way to limit the gpu usage at all? I searched but all of them came up with nothing, however I was wondering if I could let my gpu actually run without cooking itself, since it would if I were to let it (vega 64).

Thanks, and good luck folding everyone

In the client you can set the type of workload that the GPU sees. Light, medium, or heavy are the three options you can select for the WU work load.

2 minutes ago, Vogako said:

Is this 10 Days where it is online or a total of 10 days of time running F@H? New here so not sure what to expect but excited to get going.

It's a total of 10 days running. You can fold any time you please.

I have many friends in the science community that talked about F@H in the past but just now started to take action.

Every little bit counts because we're all in this together.

3 minutes ago, DayDreamer2734 said:

In the client you can set the type of workload that the GPU sees. Light, medium, or heavy are the three options you can select for the WU work load.

I usually have it on light for thermal reasons, but my gpu only ever works on medium or above, so I'm not sure if there is another way to. At the moment I kick it to medium on intervals so it gets some work done but then let it cool down.