LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

1 minute ago, Valentyn said:

I don't feel so bad about having first been folding for them now :D

Haha you saw the light eventually, dont worry 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Guys I'm just running through validating the entries for the event, I will get back to your DMs at some point today after I've posted a new blog this evening!

Sorry for the delay!

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Got 3 WUs this morning but now nothing for a couple of hours. Seems to always be at the same time of the day... On the plus side, passed 5 million.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

24 minutes ago, WaldorfMan said:

Did we do it, or did we break the Internet?  😜  

Not one of my three systems has downloaded or folded a new job in the last 24 hours.

Did the "pause" and "resume" thing.  Did the reboot thing.  Nada.

Tips?

took me a couple of pause + restart this morning to get WU for my GPUs... 

maybe retry a bit later again ? 

We have just broke through 3500 sign ups!!!!!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

I'm having trouble connecting remotely. The FAH client is running on a headless machine (DIY file server, socket FM2 based) and I'm trying to access the web control page. Using the correct IP address and port I get an "401 unauthorised /" error. The headless machine only has the client installed, not the fahcontrol package. It can't as that depends on a Gnome package not applicable to my headless setup. (yes, running Linux here) Other options available perhaps?

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

(Faithless, 'Reverence' from the 1996 Reverence album)

11 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

We have just broke through 3500 sign ups!!!!!

I sent a message out to everybody at my workplace encouraging them to stop by, check us out, and maybe join up either on Folding@Home or on Boinc, or both

6 minutes ago, Dutch_Master said:

I'm having trouble connecting remotely. The FAH client is running on a headless machine (DIY file server, socket FM2 based) and I'm trying to access the web control page. Using the correct IP address and port I get an "401 unauthorised /" error. The headless machine only has the client installed, not the fahcontrol package. It can't as that depends on a Gnome package not applicable to my headless setup. (yes, running Linux here) Other options available perhaps?

Have you followed the guide to enable remote access?

You will need to add your computer's IP address to the headless machine's config file before you can connect to it and manage it remotely.

CPU Intel i7-7700 | Cooling Noctua NH-D14 SE2011 | Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix Z270F Gaming | RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 3.6GHz 32GB | GPU EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 FTW3 Ultra Gaming |

Case Fractal Design Define R5 | Storage Samsung 980 PRO 500GB, Samsung 970 EVO+ "v2" 2TB | PSU Corsair RM850x 2021 | Display ASUS VP247QG + Samsung SyncMaster T220 | OS Garuda Linux

I cannot access the web interface locally (as per the instructions) on the headless machine, as it's not installed due to an unwanted dependency and the machine not having a monitor in the first place, hence no GUI. And yes, I did update the config.xml file manually (as root) for the client to include my LAN address range and restarted the client. Still no joy.

Another update where we are outperforming PCMR!

image.thumb.png.ff3cc351cb3fb33f18e978844965e121.png

Is this the new normal?

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

5 minutes ago, Dutch_Master said:

I cannot access the web interface locally (as per the instructions) on the headless machine, as it's not installed due to an unwanted dependency and the machine not having a monitor in the first place, hence no GUI. And yes, I did update the config.xml file manually (as root) for the client to include my LAN address range and restarted the client. Still no joy.

Sorry, I missed the part about the headless. The web interface uses a separate tag <web-allow v='(ip ranges)' />. The <allow> tag is for the advanced control only.

CPU Intel i7-7700 | Cooling Noctua NH-D14 SE2011 | Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix Z270F Gaming | RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 3.6GHz 32GB | GPU EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 FTW3 Ultra Gaming |

Case Fractal Design Define R5 | Storage Samsung 980 PRO 500GB, Samsung 970 EVO+ "v2" 2TB | PSU Corsair RM850x 2021 | Display ASUS VP247QG + Samsung SyncMaster T220 | OS Garuda Linux

4 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Is this the new normal?

I just want to know what those Team 0 members are running where only 828 of them generate 2.3 billion in the last 24 hours.

3 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Is this the new normal?

We have 42% of their active users with a little over 116% their production per update

1 minute ago, Tetsurou said:

I just want to know what those Team 0 members are running where only 828 of them generate 2.3 billion in the last 24 hours.

Well the anonymous user will actually be hundreds of uses who haven't created an account but are still folding.  

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

4 minutes ago, CWP said:

Sorry, I missed the part about the headless. The web interface uses a separate tag <web-allow v='(ip ranges)' />. The <allow> tag is for the advanced control only.

Spot-on, that worked. Thx!

2 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Well the anonymous user will actually be hundreds of uses who haven't created an account but are still folding.  

Ah, an inaccurate number of users and just ascribing the remainder of the points generated to Team 0 just to have a place to put them.

2 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Interesting. I didn't know that. I mean, I also didn't look at their team members but it does make sense to pool all the non-unique users and points into a single "user".

Just now, LordKitsune said:

Interesting. I didn't know that. I mean, I also didn't look at their team members but it does make sense to pool all the non-unique users and points into a single "user".

Otherwise F@H would need someway to generate a unique string for every client and store that data separately, totally unneeded 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, GOTSpectrum said:

Otherwise F@H would need someway to generate a unique string for every client and store that data separately, totally unneeded 

Agreed, they have better things to use runtimes for.