Batteries and Jacks, oh my - Render for next LG phone found

williamcll

Update: 

Extra monitor sold seperately

LG mobiles are often shadowed by its neighbor Samsung, however the upcoming flagship might pique your interest.

lg-v60-thinq-exclusive-leak-AH-1420x799.

LG was gearing up to announce this smartphone at Mobile World Congress next week, before it decided to withdraw from the show over Coronavirus concerns. Which inevitably made the entire trade show get cancelled. LG is sticking with essentially the same design that it has been using for a few generations now. The front is mostly all screen, as the bezels do seem to be a bit thinner this time around, compared to the V50 ThinQ. However, with this darker wallpaper in the render, it makes it tougher to actually tell where the bezels start. The V60 ThinQ also sports a water drop notch, similar to the LG G8X that the company announced last fall. Which means that the notch is much smaller, compared to the V50 ThinQ. There is still a dedicated Google Assistant button and the volume rocker on the left side of the phone. The power button remains on the right side, though you can't see it in this image, since it is angled.

LG is using a gold frame on this one, it's unlikely that this will be the only color that LG offers for the V60 ThinQ. It doesn't necessarily mean that the backside will be gold either. We've seen companies do gold frames with a white ceramic back before. So it's possible that could happen with the V60 ThinQ. 

A leak from earlier this month on the LG V60 ThinQ showed us that the device is going to have a massively larger battery compared to its predecessor. We're looking at a 5,000mAh capacity battery that should keep the phone running all day long and then some. It's expected that this will be a 5G phone, even though it is not in the name. Especially since the V50 ThinQ was a 5G smartphone. So that extra battery capacity is going to be really nice with 5G. As we all know, 5G is not very battery efficient yet. There are also four cameras on the rear, along with four microphones. The additional microphones should make the V60 ThinQ better for recording audio, making it great for content creators. However, it appears that there is a camera bump on the V60 ThinQ. Meaning that LG is moving away from the seamless backside it had on the G8 ThinQ and V50 ThinQ last year. LG V60 ThinQ will also be powered by a Snapdragon 865 chipset, which is the latest and greatest from Qualcomm right now. Only the Galaxy S20 series has been announced with this silicon so far. That should be paired with 8GB of RAM and at least 128GB of storage. LG is also keeping the headphone jack and micro SD card slots. Two things that hardcore users absolutely love.

LG could announce the V60 ThinQ as soon as next week, through a live stream like many of the other companies that were planning MWC announcements are doing. And considering the date on the phone, it was slated for February 24. But it'll likely happen sometime in March.

Sourcehttps://www.androidheadlines.com/2020/02/exclusive-lg-v60-thinq

Thoughts: LG phones have never really interest me in the past, hopefully it won't be the only phone I could get useful features in the near future.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

If this is true, then my next 2 phones will continue to be LG! I always stay a gen behind, so my next one will be the G8 when my G7 dies

Laptop:

Spoiler

HP OMEN 15 - Intel Core i7 9750H, 16GB DDR4, 512GB NVMe SSD, Nvidia RTX 2060, 15.6" 1080p 144Hz IPS display

PC:

Spoiler

Vacancy - Looking for applicants, please send CV

Mac:

Spoiler

2009 Mac Pro 8 Core - 2 x Xeon E5520, 16GB DDR3 1333 ECC, 120GB SATA SSD, AMD Radeon 7850. Soon to be upgraded to 2 x 6 Core Xeons

Phones:

Spoiler

LG G6 - Platinum (The best colour of any phone, period)

LG G7 - Moroccan Blue

4 hours ago, williamcll said:

keeping the headphone jack and micro SD card slot

LG - you are my new favourite company. But do us all a favour and don't let the new found fame get to your balls. Otherwise you'll start thinking with your penis and go the way of the Apple.

Since the rest are the specs are probably going to be fine, how are LG cameras these days? Last LG phone was technically the Nexus 5. 

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

Comes down to price for me. I've got an international Note 8 and haven't been able to get AT&T LTE (and may never be able to do so) so may be in the market for a new phone soon. Bring this phone out for a reasonable price and I'd consider it.

QUOTE ME IF YOU WANT A REPLY!

PC #1

Ryzen 7 3700x@4.4ghz (All core) | MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon | Crucial Ballistix 2x16gb (OC 3600mhz)

MSI GTX 1080 8gb | SoundBlaster ZXR | Corsair HX850

Samsung 960 256gb | Samsung 860 1gb | Samsung 850 500gb

HGST 4tb, HGST 2tb | Seagate 2tb | Seagate 2tb

Custom CPU/GPU water loop

PC #2

Ryzen 7 1700@3.8ghz (All core) | Aorus AX370 Gaming K5 | Vengeance LED 3200mhz 2x8gb

Sapphire R9 290x 4gb | Asus Xonar DS | Corsair RM650

Samsung 850 128gb | Intel 240gb | Seagate 2tb

Corsair H80iGT AIO

Laptop

Core i7 6700HQ | Samsung 2400mhz 2x8gb DDR4

GTX 1060M 3gb | FiiO E10k DAC

Samsung 950 256gb | Sandisk Ultra 2tb SSD

Hm the shape and edges design reminds me of iPhone though any phone with notch/hole is insta nope for me. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

16 hours ago, TempestCatto said:

LG - you are my new favourite company. But do us all a favour and don't let the new found fame get to your balls. Otherwise you'll start thinking with your penis and go the way of the Apple.

What if LG is gendered female? ?

Also, like it or not LG's inclusion of a headphone jack and removable storage has done jack squat for its sales prospects in recent years.  The real challenge is building an interesting phone that pulls people away from the Galaxy S20s and iPhones without falling into gimmickry, and that's tough.

LG is so underrated

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

I'm not really an LG fan, but I'm kinda excited to see that they're coming out from under the radar a little bit. A 5,000mah was definitely a feature they needed to add.

LG phones have always had some impressive specs on paper, but fails once you look closer at them.

For example their screens have in general been far worse than both Samsung and Apple screens.

They are dragging their feet with software updates (slow even with the monthly security updates) and if you ever get them it's still the issue of just being a terrible skin. Samsung is pretty much the only Android manufacturer that has managed to make a skin that's significantly different from AOSP but still good.

LG have also had quite a few hardware reliability issues in the past.

Their cameras are also, while on paper pretty nice, lagging behind in terms of image quality.

On 2/24/2020 at 4:13 PM, LAwLz said:

both Samsung and Apple

Both Samsung and Samsung screens sounds funny :D

1 hour ago, spartaman64 said:

waluigi for smash

The only reason they're not putting him in the game is because of his mastery over the elements: earth, wind, fire, and air. He's too powerful to exist.

And it's here

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

On 2/22/2020 at 10:55 PM, yolosnail said:

If this is true, then my next 2 phones will continue to be LG! I always stay a gen behind, so my next one will be the G8 when my G7 dies

Amen. A refurbished LG G8 is a damn good deal! It's like $230~$300. The Samsung equivalent is double that price. 

On 2/24/2020 at 3:13 PM, LAwLz said:

They are dragging their feet with software updates (slow even with the monthly security updates) and if you ever get them it's still the issue of just being a terrible skin.

I've only had the G2 and G3, but software-updates being slow and their stupid skin being even slower certainly was true in my experience. Granted, G2 and G3 were released quite a few years ago by now, so I have no idea how LG does nowadays, but... well, I'm quite wary of them. Then again, I'm wary of most manufacturers; OnePlus has been good with updates and I hear Nokia is pretty much excellent all around, but the rest seem to be kinda meh with updates and/or their stupid skins.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Update from LG: http://www.lgnewsroom.com/2020/02/lg-announces-v60-thinq-5g-with-lg-dual-screen-designed-for-a-truly-mobile-future-3/

LG has equipped the LG V60 ThinQ 5G with its most advanced camera features and technologies yet, to offer next-level videography experiences. The LG V60 ThinQ 5G features two rear cameras and a time of flight (ToF) sensor array, including a 64MP main camera lens for sharper, brighter images regardless of lighting conditions. Also available is a 13MP wide angle lens for more agile and all-encompassing shots. For the first time ever on an LG device, LG V60 ThinQ 5G supports 8K video recording for capturing videos in stunning 8K quality and jaw-dropping detail.

Alongside the latest camera and video innovations, LG’s latest smartphone continues the company’s legacy of leveraging the very best technologies for superior audio performance. Four brand-new, high-performance microphones allow for recording sounds from various directions to deliver realistic audio experiences no matter the surroundings. The device also offers Voice Bokeh, a feature that separates users’ voices from background noise, allowing content creators to place more focus on the subject while reducing excess noise. Also included is the LG 3D Sound Engine, an audio processing technology first introduced on LG OLED TVs. This innovation recognizes the type of content and optimizes the sound accordingly for a more cinematic quality.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

On 2/27/2020 at 9:32 AM, kokakolia said:

Amen. A refurbished LG G8 is a damn good deal! It's like $230~$300. The Samsung equivalent is double that price. 

Seems a bit disingenuous to compare a refurbished phone against a brand new one and go "look at the value!".

The LG G8 is 285 dollars on Amazon, refurbished.

The Galaxy S10e is 380 dollars on Amazon, refurbished.

For that 95 dollars more you get:

More and faster updates.

A better screen.

Better cameras

WiFi 6

Slightly longer battery life.

If you go with the LG G6 you get:

95 dollars in your pocket.

Can confirm, LGG3 was nice but the camera wasn't the best compared to other flagships back then. I do enjoy the fact they are keeping the removable battery + a headphone jack. I've enjoyed the Oneplus phones for a few years now with no major complaints except for the removal of the damn headphone jack, WHY!

If LG continues to be an absolute bro then they'll get my money if not then they won't. I hope LG continues with this trend of functional devices I'm seeing.

• 3 weeks later...

It's been released to consumers, but is sold out everywhere I looked. All carriers had it priced around $900. the 60hz 1080p screen is a bummer, but that's not an awful tradeoff. I might get one of these to replace my Axon M. I'll be waiting for more consumer reviews.

Looks good on paper but LG has a terrible track record for updates. 

Now that Sony that reinstated the headphone jack and looks to have incorporated many tech from the a9 to the XPERIA 1 Mark II (stupid ass name), I might be interested in that 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1