corona virus

Letgomyleghoe
Go to solution Solved by Letgomyleghoe,

ATTENTION: there is a covid 19 F@H event happening, you can find it HERE.

this is a good opportunity to help with research!

Message added by SansVarnic

Due to the nature of this topic, please keep cool heads and conversation On Topic.

Intentional Derailing, Political Rhetoric, or Arguing will result in removal of comments/replies and warnings issued.

The "No politics" rule will be enforced even harder. This will be last warning you get. If someone posts any political rhetoric (about parties, ideology, policy etc.), you will receive PM from moderator telling to step off the thread. As forum does not have functionality to do it better ways. If you continue to post ANYTHING after receiving PM, you will get warnings for not following staff instructions.

Posting news about what governments in your parts of world do in order to act on this crisis is fine, but will be looked case-by-case. (Updated 03/19/2020)

Remember the core values of this forum;

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members.
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.
  • "Don't be a dick" - Wil Wheaton.
  • "Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted.
  • Remember your audience; both present and future.

5 hours ago, PhantomJaguar77 said:

My friend sent me a video of our store. We have no toilet paper at all. Not even the expensive rolls left. Wtf. Meanwhile all of Italy is  on lockdown.

Had a couple family members who were supposed to vacation there.

it's just a giant circle jerk

when they annouced it I was like, oh finally they have decided to do something serious rather than shitting around?

but I wonder how they will manage it.. after a pair of hours:

to circulate you need to do an autodeclaration, which is a bullshit because you can do it by yourself, and that cannot be really checked

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2020-03-09/how-coronavirus-spread-from-patient-zero-in-seattle

So yeah, like I had theorized the virus has been spreading in the states for a very long time.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

On 3/7/2020 at 3:33 PM, Deli said:

I've been washing my hands 20 times a day now. Looks like it'll become a norm. Also shaking hands is a thing of the past.

I've got several bottles of Isoprophyl Alcohol with me to use if washing hands are hard to come by.

The deep blue sky is infinitely high and crystal clear.

私はオタクではありません。

46 minutes ago, vetali said:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2020-03-09/how-coronavirus-spread-from-patient-zero-in-seattle

So yeah, like I had theorized the virus has been spreading in the states for a very long time.

https://www.cedars-sinai.org/newsroom/study-estimates-covid-19-may-have-infected-over-9000-in-us/

At least 10k.

Also, my County has completely given up trying to take any intervention and basically said "you're on your own, GL"

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

58 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

Also, my County has completely given up trying to take any intervention and basically said "you're on your own, GL"

Meanwhile in my County

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/story/2020-03-09/san-diego-county-gets-first-case-of-coronavirus-health-officials-announce

Plus UCSD will be having nearly all classes online in the spring quarter because of the virus.

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Microphone: Razer Seiren X

1 hour ago, Xiee said:

I've got several bottles of Isoprophyl Alcohol with me to use if washing hands are hard to come by.

Also have a bottle of Dettol to clean my desk, keyboard, mouse and phone at work everyday. The office smells like a hospital now.

8 hours ago, THEGURUOFNOTHING said:

First of all, I want to say that anybody that thinks that rushing to the grocery store to buy toilet paper and water is a doofus. Its a respiratory virus, not a G.I. virus. If you don't eat, you won't need the toilet paper. And buying it by the pallet load just makes you an a-hole because everyone knows you are profit-mongering waiting for the shelves to be empty so you can hock it on Ebay or Gumtree (depending on your country) for $20 a roll.

I doubt those who buy toilet paper by the pallet is planning to sell it on eBay. Some people have large families and they're preparing for the worse, and buying plenty of bottle water don't make them a-holes or a doofus. If the place they are in does go into total locked down, that means no one is out there to deliver toilet paper to stores and no one will be at water treatment plants to monitor our drinking water.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

A medical group near me just had someone test positive for the virus... It is REALLY close to me. Kinda worried. School near me closed because said parent tested positive. @_@

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

Just learned from my County job. My supervisor said that we lock up the hand sanitizer at night after hours for the employees. ? Such are the times.

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Microphone: Razer Seiren X

I don't know if it has been said already, but this virus has created some good opportunities to buy stocks ?

I only just started investing too lol

6 minutes ago, Syaoran said:

I don't know if it has been said already, but this virus has created some good stock buying opportunities ?

I only just started investing too lol

Noticed that at the gas station today. $1.99 regular, but with my TMobile Tuesdays Discount I got it for $1.77. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Local stores are all closing up. There are notices in nearly every restaurant.

Meanwhile in my county you can't even get tested if you have a fever of 102, are a cancer survivor, and just got back from another country where the virus is present as well?‍♂️

https://www.winknews.com/2020/03/09/port-charlotte-woman-says-hospital-wont-test-her-for-coronavirus-after-travel/

This is going to be a complete shit show in 2 weeks...

31 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Noticed that at the gas station today. $1.99 regular, but with my TMobile Tuesdays Discount I got it for $1.77. 

1.77 in total?!

Just now, Syaoran said:

1.77 in total?!

No per gallon. Considering we were paying $2.50 a gallon not long ago. When I started driving back in 2004 gas was $2.20 a gallon. So $1.77 is fucking cheap. Considering that 30 or so cents of that is fucking tax. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

1 hour ago, FakeCIA said:

Local stores are all closing up. There are notices in nearly every restaurant.

Where you at?

Interesting and scary interview from Joe Rogan. So great, doesn't look like the change of season is going to save our asses.

51 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Where you at?

Central Arizona, United States.

Just wait until we can finally get some more testing done..

8 minutes ago, FakeCIA said:

Central Arizona, United States.

You got any local cases? I live in San Antonio, Texas and shit hasn't shut down except for when North Star Mall had to be closed for a day after the dumbfucks here at Lackland AFB let someone sick go and she went shopping and ate at the mall.

USA over 1000 now. Will be 100k by the end of the month, if not more.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

Just now, Mister Woof said:

USA over 1000 now. Will be 100k by the end of the month, if not more.

Hope you all bought your toilet paper already...

11 hours ago, Lord Xeb said:

A medical group near me just had someone test positive for the virus... It is REALLY close to me. Kinda worried. School near me closed because said parent tested positive. @_@

I'm sorry for this off topic post.....but

Your Parrot is falling!!!! 

omg freaked me out man. 

Back to corona 19 virus spreads to Illinois 11 people the spreading has begun. No one knows nothing, no idea where it's coming or going..... Containment? I saw the kid in the Deli coughing into his arm over meat. Yea.... I kept on walking.

Should we get scared now at 11 infected confirmed or wait till thousands? 

(my family is very near where these people are located) Specifically NW community hospital. 

At what point to worry? Well now man now. Not later. Now.

Quarantine entire countries right now. Yep, it's here. It's spreading. I might get it. My friends and family might get it.

My age in the 40s, .4-1% chance of death. 

OK I won't die...... but am I going to feel like I wanna die?? I've been there before. contamination of raw and cooked meats. Oh I could have died. 12 hours both ends..... 3 iv bags later and some hours in the hospital with doubled up shots of nausea meds..... 1850's I'd been dead already.

I actually don't feel like I should worry that much. Is that wrong of me?

1 hour ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

You got any local cases? I live in San Antonio, Texas and shit hasn't shut down except for when North Star Mall had to be closed for a day after the dumbfucks here at Lackland AFB let someone sick go and she went shopping and ate at the mall.

There is 1 confirmed on the ASU campus. There are 3 confirmed in Cave Creek. There is 2 possible in Scottsdale.