corona virus

Letgomyleghoe
Go to solution Solved by Letgomyleghoe,

ATTENTION: there is a covid 19 F@H event happening, you can find it HERE.

this is a good opportunity to help with research!

Message added by SansVarnic

Due to the nature of this topic, please keep cool heads and conversation On Topic.

Intentional Derailing, Political Rhetoric, or Arguing will result in removal of comments/replies and warnings issued.

The "No politics" rule will be enforced even harder. This will be last warning you get. If someone posts any political rhetoric (about parties, ideology, policy etc.), you will receive PM from moderator telling to step off the thread. As forum does not have functionality to do it better ways. If you continue to post ANYTHING after receiving PM, you will get warnings for not following staff instructions.

Posting news about what governments in your parts of world do in order to act on this crisis is fine, but will be looked case-by-case. (Updated 03/19/2020)

Remember the core values of this forum;

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members.
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.
  • "Don't be a dick" - Wil Wheaton.
  • "Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted.
  • Remember your audience; both present and future.

Just now, PhantomJaguar77 said:

Now that the hand sanitizer and sanitizer wipes are out, hand soap is the next thing that is flying off the shelves. Lots of frustration in the air.

Germ-X Hand Sanitizer price has skyrocketed a person told me that a large bottle goes for $40+ I'll confirm this tomorrow if it's true or not.

"Whatever happens, happens." - Spike Spiegel

Not getting involved, but a good resource for cases: https://ncov2019.live/

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

2 hours ago, CalintzJerevinan said:

Germ-X Hand Sanitizer price has skyrocketed a person told me that a large bottle goes for $40+ I'll confirm this tomorrow if it's true or not.

Price gouging is illegal in my State to a certain degree. Think this applies to only local businesses  and not online products. So far where I’ve been I’ve seen that law is upholding. And if one is to stumble upon Instances of price gouging, it should be reported.

Yes, in certain circumstances. California’s anti-price gouging statute, Penal Code Section 396, prohibits raising the price of many consumer goods and services by more than 10% after an emergency has been declared.Local laws may also contain their own prohibitions on price gouging.

The statute applies to the following major necessities: lodging (including permanent or temporary rental housing, hotels, motels, and mobilehomes); food and drink (including food and drink for animals); emergency supplies such as water, flashlights, radios, batteries, candles, blankets, soaps, diapers, temporary shelters, tape, toiletries, plywood, nails, and hammers; and medical supplies such as prescription and nonprescription medications, bandages, gauze, isopropyl alcohol, and

antibacterial products.

https://oag.ca.gov/consumers/pricegougingduringdisasters#2C

Both of my workplaces now have had meetings about the virus.

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

On 3/5/2020 at 7:17 PM, Spotty said:

People in Australia have been clearing out toilet paper from stores as they panic over coronavirus. A man was tasered by police after getting in to a fight over toilet paper.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/coronavirus-toilet-paper-man-tasered-by-police-after-dispute-in-big-w-store/b5c04f19-a507-46ba-9b60-7187bc1cff85

And another fight over toilet paper in Australia due to panic over Covid-19...

The mother and daughter (grey jackets) have been charged with affray for attacking the other woman and are due to appear in court next month.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/charges-laid-over-toilet-paper-fracas-at-sydney-supermarket-20200308-p547xy.html

How many times do people wipe their ass to be needing that much toilet paper? Damn.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 hour ago, PhantomJaguar77 said:

Price gouging is illegal in my State to a certain degree. Think this applies to only local businesses  and not online products. So far where I’ve been I’ve seen that law is upholding. And if one is to stumble upon Instances of price gouging, it should be reported.

https://oag.ca.gov/consumers/pricegougingduringdisasters#2C

Both of my workplaces now have had meetings about the virus.

Anti price gouging is stupid, they should ration instead. 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

12 minutes ago, Spotty said:

How many times do people wipe their ass to be needing that much toilet paper? Damn.

I don’t know whether to laugh or be sad. One of my customers genuinely needed toilet paper but only the expensive ones were left. When she scanned it and saw how much it was she was going to put it back. Gave her a discount. Smh.

I wonder how he described the call to the officer.

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

Just now, PhantomJaguar77 said:

I wonder how he described the call to the officer.

"Hello, Police? Yeah, it's the supermarket again. We've got another one. Yep. Yep... This time 3 women fighting. Yep... Alright see you soon."

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Well, all schools in my kids district have been closed next week due to a positive case.

Was nice knowing you all.

On 3/8/2020 at 6:56 AM, Spotty said:

And another fight over toilet paper in Australia due to panic over Covid-19...

The mother and daughter (grey jackets) have been charged with affray for attacking the other woman and are due to appear in court next month.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/charges-laid-over-toilet-paper-fracas-at-sydney-supermarket-20200308-p547xy.html

My wife and daughter seem to wrap their entire arm in tp.

I mean one roll lasts about one day in the bathroom. And I now it ain't me, because I shit on the clock at work.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

4 hours ago, Andreas Lilja said:

Anti price gouging is stupid, they should ration instead. 

Costco put up some limits. Easier to keep track of with the membership cards.

?‍♂️

Everyone needs to stock pile toilet paper enough for a year, hurry, GO! :)

What a world we're living in!

Few things after weeks with virus.

1. Is there a law that may force you to get vaccine even though you dont want it?

2. Can government take some money from your account to fund fight with virus?

3. What are your thoughts on this virus? Man made or mutation?

4. How did China had so many tests ready to get thousands people tested? Who produces them, for how much are they selling them? How did other countries get this tests and how?how many? 

7 minutes ago, oskar23 said:

1. Is there a law that may force you to get vaccine even though you dont want it?

4. How did China had so many tests ready to get thousands people tested? Who produces them, for how much are they selling them? How did other countries get this tests and how?how many? 

Those first two are communist. 

1 hour ago, oskar23 said:

First off, I highly recommend getting a vaccine when it becomes available. It will train the ninjas in your blood who the enemy is. As for a law, there isn't necessarily one that is strictly put down, but it depends on the country and how bad things are. Governments cannot take money from your account to fight the virus unless it is a legal search and seizure. Only countries with Communist councils or Dictators follow a more strict practice of taking what they want, regardless of your rights. As for your third point, conspiracy theories that are clearly a lie are not allowed here. Your fourth point makes no sense.

16 minutes ago, oskar23 said:

1) No - But they can restrict your ability to use your passport, driving licence renewal, and also limit your access to certain services. A communist country would be different though, you would be rounded up and shot up as quick as they could make the stuff.

2) Technically yes, however they wouldn't do that as they would have to give you the money back, with interest like a government bond. They are more likely to target the super rich first in this regard. Communist countries would be different.

3) This is a man made viral weapon. I think it is a hybrid between a SARS type disease with Flu integer and it shares bonds with HIV. Its man made to me. If not, it is a hybrid of all the above, with mutations from the animal kingdom. Its the fact that the sub 14 year old bracket is next to untouched, with the 0-18 moth old bracket being susceptible as well. It also is virulent in the over 60s, especially the ones with underlying issues. Its almost as if it has been designed as a virus of genocide, a virus designed to chop off as much of the over 60s as it can in order to free up employment and opportunity for the younger of society.

4) The test kits can be made for a real cheap price. China managed to produce theirs for less than a dollar US per test kit, the UK are doing our for less than £4 each, and South Korea is also finding they can produce theirs for $2.14 or so i read. The teat kits are often two swabs, one a A Test, the other a B test. They can be produced quickly and easily, some places can do 50,000 a day in manufacture, and are manufactured in facilities that are almost next to ready for this, normally they would produce swabs and things like that anyways. The USA are selling them for $50+, and hospitals charging ten times that to do a test on you. The USA takes 48 hours to get the results as it has to send the samples to Atalanta, here in the UK, we send the A test to a local lab, and the B test to a lab elsewhere. The UK can do the tests in 4 hours. South Korea and Singapore i am lead to believe can do it all in just 90 minutes if circumstances are correct, generally its around 2 hours for them. The Italians are struggling as they are flat out. 

Intel i9 9900X | EVGA X299 Micro 2 | Asus GTX 1070 Strix Gaming 8GB | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 (4X8GB) 3200 | EVGA 280mm CLC

Seasonic 1300w Focus Gold | Samsung 500GB 970 EVO

WD Black 2TB/WD Black 1TB (X2)/Seagate 4TB Ironwolf/Crucial 1TB P1/Crucial MX500 500GB/Samsung 1TB QVO

Phanteks Entho Evolve MATX

Samsung LS29E790C 29 Inch Monitor | LG 24UD58 24 inch 4K UHD

Coolermaster Master Keys Pro RGB (Cherry MX Brown)

Logitech G700s

Razer Leviathan

30 minutes ago, Jeve Stobs said:

Those first two are communist. 

4. The more valid point is why it takes so long for US to make enough test kits? South Korea and Italy can make 10,000 tests a day. China can build a hospital in a week.

1 hour ago, ESPImperium said:

This is a man made viral weapon. I think it is a hybrid between a SARS type disease with Flu integer and it shares bonds with HIV. Its man made to me.

People, please stop fueling the idea that this is a biological weapon. It's not. As for the test kits, there isn't a set practice country to country. At this point, it is the same way they test for the flu and other viruses. No, the only lab is not Atlanta and it doesn't always take 48 hours to get a positive or negative result. Stop spreading misinformation and gather facts from multiple sources, not just one.

5 minutes ago, FakeCIA said:

People, please stop fueling the idea that this is a biological weapon. It's not.

You can never convince a Flat-earther that the planet we live on is round.

1 hour ago, Deli said:

You can never convince a Flat-earther that the planet we live on is round.

It's not a sphere, it's obviously a dinosaur.

59 minutes ago, oskar23 said:

Found an informative vid by Vox I watched few days ago.