Anthem "Exposed": They Done fucked up

Noctus
1 hour ago, justpoet said:

What matters isn't how a game was made, how long it took, or how much it cost to make.  What matters is if a game is good or bad, and if it has support to keep making it better or maintaining it. 

Which in this case, if this story is true, means more like remaking the whole game and Bioware probably doesn't get enough funding even remaking half of it before EA pulling the plug. And the worst part is that with so much hurry, there's probably so much bubblegum and duct tape that fixing it completely will be impossible and even maintaining it will be a nightmare with stuff being fixed somewhere and other stuff breaking somewhere because something was changed. Combining into that the Frostbite itself is very well known being total disaster to develope because it was made to do a single thing and we start to talk about just pulling the plug and giving the whole project silent funreal as soon as possible just because there is no future (except CPR and sinking money and resources that could be used somewhere else to make something hopefully profitable).

This whole thing reminds me about another game that took over a decade to make and mostly for the same reason of leads not cementing their decision and keeping everything floating: Duke Nukem Forever. 13 years of pre-productions and then whole other team and less than a year work to basicly make a whole game and everybody remembers what kind of trainwreck that was. Too much abition at the start, nothing really happening in the middle except changes and chaos at the end, the story of total failure.

Also tells a lot if the developers themselves have fallen so low as trusting into a miracles. It's like thinking that after couple of tandem skydives you might survive from a skydive without a prachute just because last times there was a god that gifted you a parachute in the middle of the fall in form of an instructor strapped to your back with a parachute (in this case the veterans are the instructors who actually know what they are doing and have the time and knowledge to sink into the game at the last moments to pull out a good game). Also saying that "things will be finished after the release" really means "we will be either fixing what is already made or we are pumping more half baked features in hopes that the whole game doesn't crash and burn because the base is rotted out and in flames".

4 hours ago, m1rr0red said:

Can someone summerize this for me please?

I mean, the best way I could summarise it was when the gameplay was "revealed" at E3 2017, the dev team at BioWare had no idea that's what their game was supposed to be. They had previously only being working on game assets and world not gameplay and not making much progress for roughly 4 years. So essentially they had that following 1.5-2 years to try and live up to that reveal trailer. The trailer was simply false advertising and not what they were working on up to that point.

I really hope bioware goes back to their roots...What sucks most about this is mass effect was killed for this..EA really has done a number on them in recent years.... Also the gamestop comment from the article is rather funny.... EA does realize its 2019 and people do not really buy physical copies anymore right?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5700x  (evga 240 AIO cooling)
PBO Settings:
Boost Override CPU: +200
CO: -17 all core
PPT: 140
TDC:  110
EDC: 150
Scalar: Auto

Mobo: Asrock x570 steel legend wifi ax

GPU: asrock challenger 7800xt 16 gb

Ram: 32 gb @3600 mhz

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C White

PSU: Seasonic Focus GX-1000

Storage: 1tb Samsung 860 ssd, 1tb nvme, 2tb Hitachi HDD, 3tb HDD for media

Display: Samsung 27" CHG70 1440p QLED Monitor

12 hours ago, fasauceome said:

I could make a game just as good in 1.5 minutes

I accept that challenge. I'll pay you... a jumbo paper-clip. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

22 minutes ago, DesolationGod said:

I really hope bioware goes back to their roots...What sucks most about this is mass effect was killed for this..EA really has done a number on them in recent years.... Also the gamestop comment from the article is rather funny.... EA does realize its 2019 and people do not really buy physical copies anymore right?

Bioware is dead. According to EA standards, and according to the the standards of those who bought their games for many years.

Was very disappointed myself when they went under the EA flag, yet not surprised that things are heading in the direction they are.

RIP Bioware. TY for KOTOR and DA, some of my favorite games.

Edit: How could I forget? The first Mass Effect as well. RIP

RIP, it could become a great game in few years if they keep the update coming but judging from this EA probably will kill it soon especially when Bioware got Dragon Age 4 to make. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

I enjoy anthem. I built a surprise computer specifically to play Anthem for my friend. I've bought multiple sets of vinyls and emotes just to support the game because I believe it deserves better treatment than it has gotten.

Is the game perfect? No. Not by a long shot. ME2 is still my favorite game of all time. But it has been a long time since I have had this much fun playing a game with friends.

22 minutes ago, Rune said:

I enjoy anthem. I built a surprise computer specifically to play Anthem for my friend. I've bought multiple sets of vinyls and emotes just to support the game because I believe it deserves better treatment than it has gotten.

Is the game perfect? No. Not by a long shot. ME2 is still my favorite game of all time. But it has been a long time since I have had this much fun playing a game with friends.

everything is more fun with a friend

even watching a turd burn is more fun when you have a friend next to you

even fallout 76...

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

3 hours ago, Efilnikufesin said:

But not the second which is considered the best of them by most? Dragon Age Origins also such a weak game, right? But that wouldn't fit the narrative, would it? They made it under EA already ? 

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

Sounds a heck of a lot like a classic textbook case of poor leadership. 

Specifically leadership that's inherently disconnected with not only their customers but more evidently the workforce alongside the lack of any clear direction. 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

All hail CDPR, the only guys left in the business who care about games before money (excluding indie studios).

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

13 hours ago, Princess Cadence said:

Anthem was just another of those huge projects that under delivered.

ExP0SeD!!1!

Seriously, what's new about this? Everyone knew it was a "big" project, and it's painfully obvious it has under delivered.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

BioWare is just a dying horse that EA keep making people bet on.

If you also followed ME:A development hell, you know this is not a big news. They're seriously lacking in management, we can't even blame EA anymore since they had time to work, it's just the company itself isn't functioning.

So I had to swear off Alpha and Beta's and now I just have to swear off releases too - what has the gaming community, and standards, come to!

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

9 hours ago, DesolationGod said:

I really hope bioware goes back to their roots...-snip-

9 hours ago, Efilnikufesin said:

Bioware is dead. According to EA standards, and according to the the standards of those who bought their games for many years.

Was very disappointed myself when they went under the EA flag, yet not surprised that things are heading in the direction they are.

RIP Bioware. TY for KOTOR and DA, some of my favorite games.

There is a secret wisdom in game developer bubble that I'm going to share with you: Don't follow the companies, follow the people in companies. As it's said in the article and everone who has looked into credits and how Bioware is as company knows, Bioware has had multiple teams within and the most known team was also more or less together with Dragon Age: Origins, currently from that team there's hardly anyone left within Bioware and instead of them there's now team which mostly is build from the leftovers from the Mass Effect: Andromeda team. Easy to understand example: Bungie today isn't Bungie at all, it has Jason Jones as lead (who co-founded Bungie with Alex Seropian who is currently the CEO of Industrial Toys) but that's mostly it, a lot of their team was left with Microsoft and founded the 343 Industries and stil lthere's more original Halo team than Bungie has.

It's just far more easier to wait for the team that was behind some great game to get together and make another alike. Like those who loved Myst games should really try out Obduction which basicly is a reboot for Mysts with the same team behind making a very same game, that is when you know something good is going to come. Same thing if ever the original TES: Morrowind team gets together and gets free hands to make TES game, that has high possibility to bring out something like what Morrowind was at it's time (quite a lot of that team was disbanded after Morrowind and during Oblivion, some of them were called back for Skyrim, because Oblivion was a huge mess, now there's at least rumours that there's very few left for TES VI so it's better to brace yourselves for another Oblivion).

52 minutes ago, JupiteL said:

BioWare is just a dying horse that EA keep making people bet on.

If you also followed ME:A development hell, you know this is not a big news. They're seriously lacking in management, we can't even blame EA anymore since they had time to work, it's just the company itself isn't functioning.

BioWare is just a brand name now. There are no people that used to make BioWare awesome.

Also, when even the EA CEO says your AAA casual game that has been in preproduction for 6 years sucks after trying it, you know you F'd up.

Bioware development cycle.

Year 1: Dick Around

Year 2: Pussy Foot Around

Year 3: Back to Dicking Around

Year 4: Oh SNAP EA IS HERE AND EXPECTS SOMETHING FOR THEIR MONEY

Year 5: Rush together mediocre game with glaring bugs, take no feedback.

Year 6: Release!

People keep blaming EA here but EA had been paying the bills for this game since 2012 and even in 2017, Bioware had nothing to show for all that money. If someone is paying you money for a product, you damn well better have something to show for. Most of the failure of Anthem came from upper management of Bioware itself with issues between studios creating superiority complexes. I would of loved to blame EA for this failure of Anthem, but at the end of the day EA was not to blame here (surprisingly).

5 hours ago, WereCat said:

BioWare is just a brand name now. There are no people that used to make BioWare awesome.

Also, when even the EA CEO says your AAA casual game that has been in preproduction for 6 years sucks after trying it, you know you F'd up.

Yeah it does seem that way, or at least that mattered are no longer there. 

I think EA should close Edmonton and give the IPs to the Austin branch. They did far better work on SWTOR than anything the Canadian branches have done in the last 5 years. 

Not surprised it was meshed up together rather late and quickly in development.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/4/2019 at 6:03 AM, Thaldor said:

There is a secret wisdom in game developer bubble that I'm going to share with you: Don't follow the companies, follow the people in companies. As it's said in the article and everone who has looked into credits and how Bioware is as company knows, Bioware has had multiple teams within and the most known team was also more or less together with Dragon Age: Origins, currently from that team there's hardly anyone left within Bioware and instead of them there's now team which mostly is build from the leftovers from the Mass Effect: Andromeda team. Easy to understand example: Bungie today isn't Bungie at all, it has Jason Jones as lead (who co-founded Bungie with Alex Seropian who is currently the CEO of Industrial Toys) but that's mostly it, a lot of their team was left with Microsoft and founded the 343 Industries and stil lthere's more original Halo team than Bungie has.

It's just far more easier to wait for the team that was behind some great game to get together and make another alike. Like those who loved Myst games should really try out Obduction which basicly is a reboot for Mysts with the same team behind making a very same game, that is when you know something good is going to come. Same thing if ever the original TES: Morrowind team gets together and gets free hands to make TES game, that has high possibility to bring out something like what Morrowind was at it's time (quite a lot of that team was disbanded after Morrowind and during Oblivion, some of them were called back for Skyrim, because Oblivion was a huge mess, now there's at least rumours that there's very few left for TES VI so it's better to brace yourselves for another Oblivion).

I knew this before you even said it, hence the RIP

I hope BioWare doesn't die out. I'd really like a new Dragon Age game... :(

6 minutes ago, PHYLO said:

I hope BioWare doesn't die out. I'd really like a new Dragon Age game... :(

All of original BIoware crew that made og ME and DA are gone, so don't get your hopes high. Also new DA has been teased by a trailer some time ago. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Just now, Bouzoo said:

All of original BIoware crew that made og ME and DA are gone, so don't get your hopes high. Also new DA has been teased by a trailer some time ago. 

Welllll crap... :( That doesn't bode well for the upcoming one then I guess, huh?

1 minute ago, PHYLO said:

Welllll crap... :( That doesn't bode well for the upcoming one then I guess, huh?

Look as ME: Andromeda and Anthem. That's basically what you can expect. I am really sad as well since DA: Origins is one of my all time great RPGs. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own.