Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Prosasan

Logitech MX518 rerelease feb. 19

still have a mx518 that works mostly the left button has started to get mushy should solder in a new one.

Wasn't the MX518 physically identical to the G5 and G500?  

They need to remake the G9x, that mouse commands a hefty premium on ebay because they killed it off too early.  They also fucked up not making more shells available for it besides the original narrow and wide, but probably remedied nowadays by 3d printing.  The G500 on the other hand doesn't command a premium (I've smashed several of them and bought replacements).

Workstation: 8600k @ 4.6Ghz || ASRock Z390 Taichi Ultimate || Gigabyte 1080Ti || G.Skill DDR4-3800 @ 2666 4x8GB || Corsair AX1500i || 25 gallon whole-house loop.

HTPC/GuestGamingBox: Optoma HD142X 1080p Projector || 7600K@ 4.6 || Gigabyte Z270 Gaming 9  || EVGA Titan X (Maxwell) || Corsair RM650x || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only.

Server Router (Untangle): 8350K @ 4.5Ghz || ASRock Z370 ITX || 2x8GB || EVGA G3 750W || CPU watercooled, 25 gallon whole-house loop.

Server VM/Plex/HTTPS: E5-2699v4 (22 core!) || Asus X99m WS || GT 630 || Corsair RM650x || CPU watercooled, 25 gallon whole-house loop.

Server Storage: Pent. G3220 || Z87 Gryphon mATX || || LSI 9280i + Adaptec + Intel Expander || 4x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 3x8TB Seagate Archive Backup, Corsair AX1200i (drives) Corsair RM450 (machine) || CPU watercooled, 25 gallon whole-house loop.

On the Shelf: EVGA X99 micro2, 780, 740 GT, 210 w/ DVI port unsoldered (Hint: it can be done but it ain't easy). 

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G3 (Intel 8350U).

52 minutes ago, AnonymousGuy said:

They need to remake the G9x, that mouse commands a hefty premium on ebay because they killed it off too early.  They also fucked up not making more shells available for it besides the original narrow and wide, but probably remedied nowadays by 3d printing.  The G500 on the other hand doesn't command a premium (I've smashed several of them and bought replacements).

I am using the G500 right now, but the mouse cord was notorious for failing. I have had two of these mice, and replaced the cord on each of them about 3 times over (you can get replacement cords on Ebay for like $9). Other than that, great mouse!

The MX518 is similar in shape to the G500, but the thumb buttons are different, and the scrollwheel is very different. People seem to think the MX518 was superior over the G500.

I will be interested in this mouse. Can never seem to find a "modern" mouse I like. Did not like the G502. I am pretty excited they are bringing this mouse back with the Hero sensor in it!

Best Gaming Podcasts on the internet! Check out Orange Lounge Radio Live on Twitch;  Sunday nights at 6PM ET / 9PM PT:

https://www.twitch.tv/vognetwork

On 2/12/2019 at 1:16 PM, fasauceome said:

So I've been using a $12 mouse for a good while, and have considered an upgrade to a nicer mouse. I'll lose the green LEDs I currently have, but for someone like me, what would a mouse like this have to offer?

bro, you are missing out!

Better ergonomics, better tracking / more accurate, better clicks (better button switches), better software (customisable buttons, custom DPI settings),.... Most of the current mice have customizable LED's too, so you can put it to green if you want.

Just better everything. I could NEVER go back to a cheapo $5 dell Mouse or something. never.

Best Gaming Podcasts on the internet! Check out Orange Lounge Radio Live on Twitch;  Sunday nights at 6PM ET / 9PM PT:

26 minutes ago, maartendc said:

I will be interested in this mouse. Can never seem to find a "modern" mouse I like. Did not like the G502. I am pretty excited they are bringing this mouse back with the Hero sensor in it!

I use the G502 for my gaming mouse but I don't use it / hate it as a daily driver.  A narrow claw grip and that texture on the thumb rest is not daily driver comfortable.  

The mouse I use most which is on my work machine is a MX Master.  I also use it while travelling when I might need Darkfield to track on glass or reflective surfaces (and it can change between 3 machine connections with a button press).

Workstation: 8600k @ 4.6Ghz || ASRock Z390 Taichi Ultimate || Gigabyte 1080Ti || G.Skill DDR4-3800 @ 2666 4x8GB || Corsair AX1500i || 25 gallon whole-house loop.

HTPC/GuestGamingBox: Optoma HD142X 1080p Projector || 7600K@ 4.6 || Gigabyte Z270 Gaming 9  || EVGA Titan X (Maxwell) || Corsair RM650x || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only.

Server Router (Untangle): 8350K @ 4.5Ghz || ASRock Z370 ITX || 2x8GB || EVGA G3 750W || CPU watercooled, 25 gallon whole-house loop.

Server VM/Plex/HTTPS: E5-2699v4 (22 core!) || Asus X99m WS || GT 630 || Corsair RM650x || CPU watercooled, 25 gallon whole-house loop.

Server Storage: Pent. G3220 || Z87 Gryphon mATX || || LSI 9280i + Adaptec + Intel Expander || 4x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 3x8TB Seagate Archive Backup, Corsair AX1200i (drives) Corsair RM450 (machine) || CPU watercooled, 25 gallon whole-house loop.

On the Shelf: EVGA X99 micro2, 780, 740 GT, 210 w/ DVI port unsoldered (Hint: it can be done but it ain't easy). 

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G3 (Intel 8350U).

10 hours ago, AnonymousGuy said:

I use the G502 for my gaming mouse but I don't use it / hate it as a daily driver.  A narrow claw grip and that texture on the thumb rest is not daily driver comfortable.  

The mouse I use most which is on my work machine is a MX Master.  I also use it while travelling when I might need Darkfield to track on glass or reflective surfaces (and it can change between 3 machine connections with a button press).

Yeah I had the G502 sent to me as a replacement by Logitech when my G500 died within warranty (they did not make the G500 anymore at the time). I thought sweet: free upgrade, but I hated it and ended up selling it. The shape of the G502 is much bigger / longer than the G500 or MX518, and there are just too many buttons, crevices, notches, etc. Just too much going on, so you never quite know where to put your fingers. They overcomplicated the design of it.

That was the strength of the MX518: simple design and good shape. They are doing better with the newer line of mice like the G305 and G403 / G703: going back to a simple design. Although I dont like the shape of them personally. I like the thumbrest.

My wife has an MX Master for office use, and she likes it! Expensive though!

I use the new MX Ergo trackball at work, which is amazingly good (and before that the M507 trackball, which was just OK) I do CAD work all day, and a regular mouse gives me RSI.

I don't understand why this would only be available in Denmark? Komplett is a well-known European retailer, so I doubt they would sell fake merchandise.

Logitech's US website makes no mention of this mouse. And I cannot find much information on it online? I can only find it on Ebay from Chinese sellers.

I did manage to find this official logitech website on the Hong Kong Logitech: https://www.logitechg.com/zh-hk/products/gaming-mice/mx518-gaming-mouse.html

But I am wondering, is this website fake? Look at the Domain name: LogitechG.com not Logitech.com. Very strange.

16 hours ago, AnonymousGuy said:

They'd better find a better soft touch, because the stuff they used on the G9 was absolutely terrible.

Current PC:

Spoiler

*WORK IN PROGRESS*

Mothballed PC:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

3 hours ago, maartendc said:

I don't understand why this would only be available in Denmark? Komplett is a well-known European retailer, so I doubt they would sell fake merchandise.

Logitech's US website makes no mention of this mouse. And I cannot find much information on it online? I can only find it on Ebay from Chinese sellers.

I did manage to find this official logitech website on the Hong Kong Logitech: https://www.logitechg.com/zh-hk/products/gaming-mice/mx518-gaming-mouse.html

But I am wondering, is this website fake? Look at the Domain name: LogitechG.com not Logitech.com. Very strange.

It was first release for resell in China back last year.  I first heard of it about four months back on a different forum.

Most folks I seen State side with the mouse bought either through a Chinese seller on Ebay or found a reseller State side that would source the mouse.

Just a nutty gal that abuse hardware with F@H and BOINC.

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 4690K Delid, E5-2670V3, 1900X, 1950X

My GPU Army:960 FTW at 1551MHz, 1080Ti FTW3, 1080Ti SC, 1070 Hybrid, 2x Titan XP

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, PS4 Pro, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

22 hours ago, Ithanul said:

It was first release for resell in China back last year.  I first heard of it about four months back on a different forum.

Most folks I seen State side with the mouse bought either through a Chinese seller on Ebay or found a reseller State side that would source the mouse.

Huh, okay. Buying this from a Chinese Ebay seller gives me the creeps though.. could be fake.

I don't understand why they wouldn't release this in other markets. People would love it. Perhaps too afraid it would cannibalize sales of their other mouse products? The way I see it, they don't have a good successor to the MX518 /G402 / G500 at the moment shape-wise, so releasing this worldwide would make a lot of sense.

Their current line-up of G Pro / G305, G903 and G703/403 is way different, and I don't like any of the shapes.

4 minutes ago, maartendc said:

Huh, okay. Buying this from a Chinese Ebay seller gives me the creeps though.. could be fake.

I don't understand why they wouldn't release this in other markets. People would love it. Perhaps too afraid it would cannibalize sales of their other mouse products? The way I see it, they don't have a good successor to the MX518 /G402 / G500 at the moment shape-wise, so releasing this worldwide would make a lot of sense.

Their current line-up of G Pro / G305, G903 and G703/403 is way different, and I don't like any of the shapes.

I'm not entriely sure either on why they being slow to release into other markets. Considering how folks over on OCN gone gaga for it and on a few other forums, I would think Logitech would want to release the mouse into as many markets as they could.

My GPU Army:960 FTW at 1551MHz, 1080Ti FTW3, 1080Ti SC, 1070 Hybrid, 2x Titan XP

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, PS4 Pro, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

1959xtD.jpg

Legit tho, i think I'll get at least 3, lol. 

Still using my 10y/o MX518 and love it to death. 

Gaming HTPC:

R7 1700X@stock - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - Asus GTX 1080 Strix - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Silverstone SX500-LG - 500gb 960 EVO - Fractal Design Node 202 - Samsung 60KS7090 - Logitech G502 - Thrustmaster T500RS - Noblechairs Icon

Desktop PC:
i7 2600k @stock - H100i GTX - Asus P8Z77-i Deluxe - Asus GTX 1050Ti Strix - 16gb HyperX Fury 1866mhz - EVGA 750G2 - 250gb 840 EVO - 6TB WD My Book Duo (Reds) - Enthoo Evolv ITX - Dell U3415W - Benq XL2411T - Qpad MK-85 Brown - Logitech MX518 - Blue Yeti Platinum - Noblechairs Icon 

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5* - 
250gb 970 Evo - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

@maartendc Seems a US webpage is now up with price shown:  https://www.logitechg.com/en-us/products/gaming-mice/mx518-gaming-mouse.html

26 minutes ago, Ithanul said:

@maartendc Seems a US webpage is now up with price shown:  https://www.logitechg.com/en-us/products/gaming-mice/mx518-gaming-mouse.html

Nice, seems like they will be releasing soon! I guess I will pre-order one! My G500 is on it's last legs anyway.

Thanks for the heads up!

On 2/12/2019 at 3:04 PM, Brooksie359 said:

I actually know someone who still uses that mouse. 

I know someone who does as well! 

a1d.gif

Gaming HTPC:

R7 1700X@stock - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - Asus GTX 1080 Strix - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Silverstone SX500-LG - 500gb 960 EVO - Fractal Design Node 202 - Samsung 60KS7090 - Logitech G502 - Thrustmaster T500RS - Noblechairs Icon

Desktop PC:
i7 2600k @stock - H100i GTX - Asus P8Z77-i Deluxe - Asus GTX 1050Ti Strix - 16gb HyperX Fury 1866mhz - EVGA 750G2 - 250gb 840 EVO - 6TB WD My Book Duo (Reds) - Enthoo Evolv ITX - Dell U3415W - Benq XL2411T - Qpad MK-85 Brown - Logitech MX518 - Blue Yeti Platinum - Noblechairs Icon 

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5* - 
250gb 970 Evo - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

I see Logitech took the Nintendo game route on this one: why release a new product when we can rerelease a crappy old one with minor updates.

Seagull eat fish. But fish belong to Mafia. Mafia punch seagull for not respecting Mafia. Seagull say "No, please! I have child!"

Mafia punch seagull with child.

Pyo.