Nvidia readying new Quadros (M5000 and M4000) and GTX 950 (Ti)

asim1999

These Quadro M cards are most likely being prepared for launch at SIGGRAPH 2015, which starts on August 9th. It makes sense, since last year NVIDIA announced Quadro Kx2 parts during the same event.

Both M5000 and M4000 are based on GM204GL graphics processor. NVIDIA is slowly replacing Kepler parts in Quadro lineup with Maxwell. So far, only the GM206 has not been confirmed to be used with new Quadro M series.

Configurations of these cards remain unknown, but something is telling me that they might arrive with 8GB of memory. I wonder if they are going to use the same cooler as with M6000?

NVIDIA Tesla M60

Quadro M models are not the only professional graphics cards being developed. Tesla M60 has also been spotted in the drivers, and yes it’s also based on GM204 GPU:

For the quadros, i think that they will be based off of the GTX 980 (M5000 ) and 980 (M4000)

As for the GTX 950:

NVIDIA has plans to replace first generation Maxwell graphics cards with something new. Let me remind you first generation Maxwell consists of two graphics processors: GM107 and GM108. While the latter is mobile silicon, the first one is currently powering the ‘budget’ mid-range segment, also known as GTX x50. Both GTX 750 Ti and non-Ti may soon find their replacements, as we’ve just learned NVIDIA has just finished its new processor — Maxwell GM206-250.

Here is what we know for sure:

• the new processor is codenamed GM206-250
  • it’s a GeForce product
  • it’s a GTX product (which means it’s not GT x40 and below).

Well that’s not much, but don’t forget this information very fresh. The GM206-250 is cut-down version of GM206-300, which is the full processor with 1024 CUDA cores used in GTX 960. AMD’s own benchmarks compare Radeon R7 370 and R7 360 to GTX 750 Ti and 750 respectively. The launch of new GM206 graphics card will surely cause trouble to Radeon R7 300 products.

We will keep you updated about this mysterious card.

IMO if they get the pricing right, this could be a good card for low power and SFF HTPCs

Sources:

Quadro cards: http://videocardz.com/56981/nvidia-readying-quadro-m5000-and-quadro-m4000

GTX 950:http://videocardz.com/56984/nvidia-preparing-geforce-gtx-950-ti

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

950 ti :D

Cool, hoping it beats the amd cards at that price range

Recommend what is best, not what you preffer.

"Like" comments to show your support of them or the idea they express.

Just what we all wanted.

Random Quadro cards and a new Budget card.

Cant wait to see how big the memory bus is.

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

There better be a buyable single slot version of this. Trying to get a hold of either the Galax/ KFA2 or ELSA single slot 750 Ti was impossible.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Just what we all wanted.

Random Quadro cards and a new Budget card.

Cant wait to see how big the memory bus is.

will probably be 128-bit since the 950 is based off the 960 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

There better be a buyable single slot version of this. Trying to get a hold of either the Galax/ KFA2 or ELSA single slot 750 Ti was impossible.

Hopefully the ELSA version will run at frozen temperatures

JK

will probably be 128-bit since the 950 is based off the 960

What are your opinions on a 4Gb version....

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

What are your opinions on a 4Gb version....

kinda pointless as the card will be too slow to make use of the full 4GB 

Smart man.

- WCCFTECH

Good. Am in the budget for a new Quadro, though the M cards are generally too high priced to be worth it for me.

I want some ground breaking efficiency out of this GTX 950 ti. I better see 'Titan X' level efficiency if Nvidia wants a dime out of me.

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

950 ti will probably be about 82% the speed of a 960 IMO, and probably cost about 120(+/-10) quid UK price (75% 960 price).

System specs
  • Graphics card: Asus GTX 980 Ti (Temp target: 60c, fan speed: slow as hell)
  • CPU: Intel 6700k @ 4.2Ghz
  • CPU Heatsink: ThermalRight Silver Arrow Extreme
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus Viii Gene
  • Ram: 8GB of DDR4 @ 3000Mhz
  • Headphone source: O2 + Odac 
  • Mic input: Creative X-Fi Titanium HD
  • Case: Fractal Design Arc midi R2
  • Boot Drive: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB 
  • Storage: Seagate SSHD 2TB
  • PSU: Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 550w

Peripherals

• Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q
  • Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma (16.5 inch/360)
  • Mouse surface: Mionix Sargas 900
  • Tablet: Wacom Intuos Pen
  • Keyboard: Filco Majestouch Ninja, MX Brown, Ten Keyless 
  • Headphones: AKG K7xx
  • IEMs: BrainWavs S1

GTX 950? It better come at a way lower cost than the 960 to be justifiable to even make the purchase over it. I see a 20$ difference coming though...

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I doubt they'll perform any better than the 750s considering the 960 is just barely better than the 760. Too much power and they'll eat away the 960's marketshare.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

So is the 960.

Ot: But I'm confused, why 950Ti and not a non Ti model? Afaik the 950 wasn't released yet? And when are are we gonna see the 960Ti to fill the gap? I assume they are postponing it for the possible release of Tonga XT 380X.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

I'm suspecting the 950 would be a 10-20% improvement over the 750ti with the same price. Nvidia doesn't need to be a better deal then AMD, even if it doesn't match the price per performance of the R7 counterparts, the brand recognition is enough to sell them

Can't wait to see how much it will be cut down ... 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

I used a 750 TI for a few months, and it's definitely designed for low power, no PCIe power enviroments. I hope the performance is between 750 TI and 960 (obviously) without any additional PCIe power. If it has PCIe power, then it is not worth buying in my opinion.

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

I'm suspecting the 950 would be a 10-20% improvement over the 750ti with the same price. Nvidia doesn't need to be a better deal then AMD, even if it doesn't match the price per performance of the R7 counterparts, the brand recognition is enough to sell them

I have never understood why this is. AMD's performance has never fallen behind (not significantly, not before the 970/980 and even then, they weren't that far behind). The two companies have been leap-frogging each other for years and still are. As it stands right now, AMD has just as strong or stronger card vs anything from Nvidia at nearly every price point (the Fury X being questionable). I just don't get it. 

I understand certain brand names carry some weight, like Seasonic power supplies, but in the case of GPUs, it's not like comparing a quality PSU to a cheap PSU. AMD and Nvidia are on equal grounds when it comes to the quality and performance of their cards. Again, I just don't get it. I don't understand where the bias comes from. It's as if a large number of PC enthusiasts/gamers are like sheep. A few go one way, the rest follow, somewhat blindly.

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

I've been waiting for GTX 950 Ti for months now. I feel a bit repulsed everytime I have to stick a 750 Ti into a customer build.

FX 6300 @4.8 Ghz - Club 3d R9 280x RoyalQueen @1200 core / 1700 memory - Asus M5A99X Evo R 2.0 - 8 Gb Kingston Hyper X Blu - Seasonic M12II Evo Bronze 620w - 1 Tb WD Blue, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda - Custom water cooling

I have never understood why this is. AMD's performance has never fallen behind (not significantly, not before the 970/980 and even then, they weren't that far behind). The two companies have been leap-frogging each other for years and still are. As it stands right now, AMD has just as strong or stronger card vs anything from Nvidia at nearly every price point (the Fury X being questionable). I just don't get it. 

I understand certain brand names carry some weight, like Seasonic power supplies, but in the case of GPUs, it's not like comparing a quality PSU to a cheap PSU. AMD and Nvidia are on equal grounds when it comes to the quality and performance of their cards. Again, I just don't get it. I don't understand where the bias comes from. It's as if a large number of PC enthusiasts/gamers are like sheep. A few go one way, the rest follow, somewhat blindly.

people think of nvidia as a brand like Mercedes and AMD as Volkswagen, a cheaper alternative. maybe different brands would be a better analogue, but you get the point. nvidia is considered a more premium brand and amd is the more ordinary one (having a cpu line that makes their brand look more like a budget brand doesn't help either), it's a bit bullshit but that is the world we live in. that is what linus and others mean when they talk about some people (who buy and show off really high end stuff) being "influencers", showing off things like the "the worlds fastest gpu" makes a brand look better, so by showing people $1000 5960x's and titan x's makes the whole brand look premium, even though it's only like 1-2% of the gpu market. 

When you think of Mercedes-Benz as a premium brand with really expensive cars, and you're out for shopping for a 80 person bus, you'd still have the though for that brand being premium, even though their bus department doesn't have to do anything with the other segments and is made in Turkey. It is a marketing strategy that is being used for long long time

The 950 Ti is going to be stupid. Sure, they need to do something with the 960's that can't be 960's, but how are they going to make the 950 Ti faster than the 750 Ti, without stepping on the toes of the 960? Not only that, the main appeal of the 750 Ti is that it seldom requires a 6 pin power connector in 90% of the cards released using that chip. How can you make it faster without removing that appeal? The GTX 960 has a 120w TDP compared to the 65w TDP of the 750 Ti, you cannot tell me they will keep it under the PCIE 75w power and still somehow make it faster than the 750 Ti.

The GTX 960 barely maxes games at 1080p, and on the more recent AAA titles, it can't even do that. Now they are going to give us yet another budget card that wont be able to do it either? The 750 Ti already handles games on medium-high just fine as it is. Can't say i didn't foresee this happening though. 

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/396789-gtx-960ti-and-r9-380x/?p=5350777

They might make a 950 to please people out of a weaker GM206, but i see no reason for it. If i recall correctly, GM206 was confirmed to have a maximum of 1024 cores, so that means they could only go down from there. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.