Nvidia readying new Quadros (M5000 and M4000) and GTX 950 (Ti)

asim1999

Any news on a 960 Ti and a 970 Ti?

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Any news on a 960 Ti and a 970 Ti?

i don't think they can exist. 960 is already GM206, and they are cutting that down to make the 950 Ti (rumor still, i want to believe its a lie). The 970 is GM204, which comes from a cut down GTX 980. Cutting it down even more to make a 960 Ti seems highly unlikely. If the yields of the 980's were able to produce something that far gone, they would probably trash it anyways. 28nm is not new tech, and they have been doing this for a while now. I want to believe the process is refined enough for them to isolate all failed 980's into capable 970's, so for any 960 Ti to exist in GM204 would probably be non-existent.

Now, if they were to make an entirely new chip to bring in a 970 Ti, and make 960 Ti's out of the failed versions of the 970 Ti, that would be an entirely different story. However, i don't see them doing this either as their pricing for the performance gaps between each card is already cozy for them. 

Something coming out of GM206 was pretty much inevitable, i was just hoping it would not be called a GTX 950 or Ti. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

950 ti :D

Cool, hoping it beats the amd cards at that price range

Super efficient card and your power supply =p 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

i don't think they can exist. 960 is already GM206, and they are cutting that down to make the 950 Ti (rumor still, i want to believe its a lie). The 970 is GM204, which comes from a cut down GTX 980. Cutting it down even more to make a 960 Ti seems highly unlikely. If the yields of the 980's were able to produce something that far gone, they would probably trash it anyways. 28nm is not new tech, and they have been doing this for a while now. I want to believe the process is refined enough for them to isolate all failed 980's into capable 970's, so for any 960 Ti to exist in GM204 would probably be non-existent.

Now, if they were to make an entirely new chip to bring in a 970 Ti, and make 960 Ti's out of the failed versions of the 970 Ti, that would be an entirely different story. However, i don't see them doing this either as their pricing for the performance gaps between each card is already cozy for them. 

Something coming out of GM206 was pretty much inevitable, i was just hoping it would not be called a GTX 950 or Ti. 

Well pricing is one thing and performance is another. Gtx 970 holds almost twice the performance of gtx 960 on Witcher 3, so I think there should be something. Even more 960 is close to 760, 970 is close to 780 and 980 is close to 780 ti, but nothing ever replaced 770. :D But whatever , these are only hopes :D

Well pricing is one thing and performance is another. Gtx 970 holds almost twice the performance of gtx 960 on Witcher 3, so I think there should be something. Even more 960 is close to 760, 970 is close to 780 and 980 is close to 780 ti, but nothing ever replaced 770. :D But whatever , these are only hopes :D

Yeah, i get what you are saying. Its why i, along with many others, were disappointed with the release of the 960. We were hoping it would be faster than the 770, but that hope was kinda crushed. Though, with recent maxwell tech, and considering how great maxwell OCs, the 960 CAN be faster if the games are new enough, and you OC the hell out of the 960. Aside from that, yeah, its not impressive.

Also, witcher 3 is insanely heavy on memory bandwidth. If your mem bandwidth is too slow, your card will fall flat on its face. That is why the 970 kicks the 960 to the curb in that game. Those textures tend to be huge.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

I have never understood why this is. AMD's performance has never fallen behind (not significantly, not before the 970/980 and even then, they weren't that far behind). The two companies have been leap-frogging each other for years and still are. As it stands right now, AMD has just as strong or stronger card vs anything from Nvidia at nearly every price point (the Fury X being questionable). I just don't get it.

I understand certain brand names carry some weight, like Seasonic power supplies, but in the case of GPUs, it's not like comparing a quality PSU to a cheap PSU. AMD and Nvidia are on equal grounds when it comes to the quality and performance of their cards. Again, I just don't get it. I don't understand where the bias comes from. It's as if a large number of PC enthusiasts/gamers are like sheep. A few go one way, the rest follow, somewhat blindly.

Cept overclocked 980s have beaten overclocked fury x in both synthetics and some 1080p gaming. (Obviously the lower speed with smallish vram 'kills' the 980 at higher resolutions). o and it took amd 2 years to release one new gpu set that didn't come close to leapfrogging the competition (once overclocking is taken into account).

And yes fury was in the works for 7 years.

Pascal looks to be within the next 6-9 months and it ought to obliterate every single thing available by massive margins.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

The 950 Ti is going to be stupid. Sure, they need to do something with the 960's that can't be 960's, but how are they going to make the 950 Ti faster than the 750 Ti, without stepping on the toes of the 960? Not only that, the main appeal of the 750 Ti is that it seldom requires a 6 pin power connector in 90% of the cards released using that chip. How can you make it faster without removing that appeal? The GTX 960 has a 120w TDP compared to the 65w TDP of the 750 Ti, you cannot tell me they will keep it under the PCIE 75w power and still somehow make it faster than the 750 Ti.

The GTX 960 barely maxes games at 1080p, and on the more recent AAA titles, it can't even do that. Now they are going to give us yet another budget card that wont be able to do it either? The 750 Ti already handles games on medium-high just fine as it is. Can't say i didn't foresee this happening though. 

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/396789-gtx-960ti-and-r9-380x/?p=5350777

950ti will have room, the 750ti didn't even beat the 7850 or a 660... It just needs to be in the 140$ range and have the performance similar to a 7850 and it'll probably be just fine.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Damn, I was thinking about going with a 750 Ti for my next build :(

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

Maybe $600 i5 Intel/Nvida builds will be feasible now.

[ Cruel Angel ]:     Exterior  -   BENQ XL2420T   |   SteelSeries MLG Sensei   |   Corsair K70 RED   |   Corsair 900D  |                                                                                                    CPU:    -   4.7Ghz @ 1.425v             |

Interior    -   i7 4770k   |    Maximus VI Formula    |   Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB    |   ASUS GTX 980 Strix SLIx2  |  840 Pro 512Gb    |    WD Black 2TB  |           RAM:   -   2400Mhz OC @ 1.650v    |

Cooling   -   XSPC 120mm x7 Total Radiator Space   |   XSPC RayStorm    |    PrimoChill Tubing/Res  |                                                                                             GPU:   -   1000Mhz @ 1.158            |