Colorful to Become World's Second Biggest Graphics Card Vendor in 2015, surpassed MSI, ASUS and Gigabyte

ahhming

China based Colorful , has surpassed industry MSI, ASUS and Gigabyte, in terms of graphics cards shipped worldwide this year, according to industry numbers published by DigiTimes. The report notes that Colorful could become the second largest graphics card maker in terms of shipments by the end of the year, next only to Palit (the current leader in terms of shipments).

Colorful has an average of 500,000 graphics cards shipped per month, and is projected to have shipped over 5 million cards in 2015. The company has currently outsold ASUS, MSI, Gigabyte, and ZOTAC. Colorful has a strong brand-image in China. Palit, with a brand portfolio that includes Galaxy, Gainward, Point of View, and its own namesake,  is the biggest graphics card manufacturer by volume. Colorful's motherboard business is accelerating at a similar rate, and the report notes that the company could become "a very big threat" to ASUS and Gigabyte.

accounting for over 50% of the global volume. Colorful, Galaxy and Zotac are the leading players in China's graphics card market.

Asustek shipped five million graphics cards in 2014 and expects its shipments in 2015 to stay at the same level. But the vendor is expected to be surpassed by Colorful and Galaxy since its share in the China market has not seen any growth, the sources said.

Gigabyte shipped 3.6 million graphics cards and MSI 2.9 million units in 2014, but their shipments may decline 5-10% on year in 2015 and are currently facing fierce competition from Zotac, Maxsun, Gainward and Onda, the sources pointed out.

As for GPUs, Nvidia-based GPUs currently have 70% of share in the worldwide graphics card market.

Palit, which has sub-brands including Galaxy, Gainward and Point of View, is expected to remain the largest vendor worldwide, the sources added.

4a.jpg
igame660.jpg
Colorful-iGame-GeForce-GTX-980-Kudan_TOP
Source:
http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20150525PD203.html?mod=2

what. is. that....

edit: it would blend in perfectly with my build

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

What the hell is that monstrosity?

Why have the extra fin arrays AND fans.. either go that big and passive or active and much smaller.

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

All this talk about big threats to the other manufacturers, and yet, I've never heard of them. Until they make a presence in markets outside of China, I'm not too concerned. 

i have never heard of Colorful.... That looks amazing though o_o

Also, Palit? Really?

You could have made a triple slot cooler... Or a water block, that would have cost just as much, if not less to manufacture...

And the colors....

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

Don't worry, not all of the cards look that shitty

China really has no stile or sense in any way:

1237739-gtx-680-colorful-computex2012-02

colorful-gtx680-crazy-vga-cooler-02.jpg

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

China really has no stile or sense in any way:

That....that thing... that thing would take...4 no 5...maybe even 6 slots...

By the nine divines.....

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

My God I thought I was reading The Onion, but it's true! I mean they go full 9s on the PCBs, but these coolers are stupid! The Kudan is the only one worth mentioning.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

China really has no stile or sense in any way

this has to be the graphics card equivalent of fitting a v8 into a fiesta, just fucking overkill

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

never hear of it. and the first card is fugly

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

I wonder how the marketshare would look like on tier by tier basis, aka do they have the 2nd highest in all types of cards or do they just spam the market with 220s. That put on a side, being a chinese company focused on chinese market i dont think any other brand can compete.

I should strap a radiator frokm my old fridge to a 480 stock cooler and send them as a deisgn. Maybe they woulf put it on.the market

Dem heatsinks doe

What's that Red&black card in the third photo in OP?

It looks too good. The others are well, colorful, but that R&B looks sick. 

MARS_PROJECT V2 --- RYZEN RIG

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @3.7GHz 1.27V | Cooler: Corsair H80i Stock Fans@900RPM | Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 | RAM: 8GB DDR4 2933MHz(Vengeance LPX) | GPU: MSI Radeon R9 380 Gaming 4G | Sound Card: Creative SB Z | HDD: 500GB WD Green + 1TB WD Blue | SSD: Samsung 860EVO 250GB  + AMD R3 120GB | PSU: Super Flower Leadex Gold 750W 80+Gold(fully modular) | Case: NZXT  H440 2015   | Display: Dell P2314H | Keyboard: Redragon Yama | Mouse: Logitech G Pro | Headphones: Sennheiser HD-569

Never thought of it but i guess it makes sense. Chinese market is very excluded from rest of the world but it's absolutely massive.

I didnt know that they also rice graphics cards.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18