Razer Blade 14 2015

nice !

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Oh, very nice :)
Couldn't open the thread a little bit earlier, but now I can.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Hmmm. Too expensive. 

Now that thats out of the way I do actually kinda like it. It would be nice to have a good laptop again that I can actually do something with. That no hdmi audio is a big turn off to me though.

Blarg

nice review, linus to his best once again, to bad he wasnt really able to test gaming performance, but if that is still the same it shouldn't be bad.

and i just realized how much this thing looks like a macbook pro with the speakers to the side of the keyboard, damn...

edit:

linus made a small mistake, he didnt mentoin the fact this has a touchscreen, which kinda sucks combined with a gaming system IMO

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Hmmm. Too expensive.

Now that thats out of the way I do actually kinda like it. It would be nice to have a good laptop again that I can actually do something with. That no hdmi audio is a big turn off to me though.

The hdmi audio issue was with the TV, not the blade

Desktop: The Bluez | CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.5 ghz 1.296V | CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: P8Z77 M-Pro | Memory: 16 GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX  

GPU: Asus GTX 780ti DirectCu II | HDD: Some Random Hitachi 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, 850 EVO 500GB | PSU: Rosewill Hive 750W | Case: Enermax Ostrog GT (Blue Ver.) 

Laptop: Razer Blade 14 2013 256GB

washing the butt > wipe

i'm not sure how you can mess that up, its not like they don't give you place to hang your pants

back to the topic, eh the laptop is not that bad i guess

No left-in-the-rain test? I am disappointed.

nice review

im in the market for a new laptop/WS. currently have a 3 year old macbook pro which i love but want to switch to a windows pc

i love the mac battery life and track pad. how does the Blade compare ? wish it was a 15"

any advise would be appreciated

cheers

ben

This is the only Razer product that I deem it worth its price. This design with decent cooling solution (though it does overheat slowly, but it takes at least 2 hours), M.2 SSD, crazy display etc.

nice review

im in the market for a new laptop/WS. currently have a 3 year old macbook pro which i love but want to switch to a windows pc

i love the mac battery life and track pad. how does the Blade compare ? wish it was a 15"

any advise would be appreciated

cheers

ben

the battery life form the mac is impossible to find on most windows systems, the things that come pretty close are thinkpads, which are robust, thick and heavy, altough most of them dont pack a punch when it comes to raw power.

you might also consider using bootcamp(pre installed) on your old macbook to install it besides OSX and have the ability to switch to windows when you want/need, altough if i'm not mistaken, the battery life goes down drastically when it runs windows.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

woah....Linus is wearing sandals WITHOUT SOCKS!! WTF?

I'm sorry Yvonne, but whoever was with you on that trip was NOT Linus.....

I picked up a Razer Blade 14 (2013) from Ebay yesterday. Hopefully I'm not going to be too disappointed because of the really miserable TN Panel when it get's here... But since I've been using a MacBook (mid 2010) as my daily driver for five years now (that thing is rocking an Intel Core 2 Duo and a Nvidia 320m...) the 2013 Razer Blade can't be that big of a disappointment... Quite excited for that beast to get here!

Dat price tho!

W1 | X4 965 | 4x2GB | HD7950 | 550w | 240GBx2

Hmmm. Too expensive. 

He said the TV idin't support audio over HDMI from my understanding the Blade supports it just fine

The hdmi audio issue was with the TV, not the blade

He said the TV idin't support audio over HDMI from my understanding the Blade supports it just fine

Alright. guess I was just tired and heard wrong.

Blarg

Damn, that was quite the review, GJ Linus.
Razer gotta be pretty happy with the video too :)

CPU: FX 6300 @ stock Mobo: Gigabyte 990FX UD5 v3.0 GPU: 1 x R9 290 4GB RAM: 24GB DDR3 1600 SSD: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB HDD: 1 x 1TB & 1 x 500GB PSU: BeQuiet PowerZone 1000W Case: Coolermaster Elite 370 (upside down due to lack of stick thermal pads for memory heatsinks) CPU Cooler: Thermalright Ultra Extreme 120 GPU Coolers: Thermalright HR03-GT Fans: 5 x Akasa Apache Blacks, 1 x Corsair 120mm SP HP (GPU) & 1 x Noctua 92mm
Most of this was from mining rig, hence the scewy specs (especially PSU)

@nicklmg 

In this video, at about 0:30, linus mentions the pro-3 failing this, or, a similar test. 

Can you point me to this test and info?

I don't think he ever created a video about that. If he did mention it it would be in our SP3 review (not sure if it's there, haven't watched that video in months).

it looks awesome but at the price it will always be out of reach for me.

Oh my God. $3,000 USD? Is it made out of panda?

The kitchen shot in this video looks pretty grainy and noisy