YouTube introduces YouTube Music Key (Subscription service)

Introducing YouTube Music Key beta

You’ve asked us for ways to listen to music without ads, to keep playing music videos even if you lock the screen or start using another app, and to play music even if you’re not connected to the Internet. That’s why today we're introducing YouTube Music Key beta, a monthly subscription service starting with the promotional price of $7.99/month (discounted from $9.99/month) that will give you all that—ads-free music, background play and offline viewing. It will also include a subscription to Google Play Music, with 30+ million songs, expert-curated playlists, and in the coming days, the ability to watch many YouTube official music videos right from the app.

Thanks to your music videos, remixes, covers, and more, you’ve made YouTube the biggest music service on the planet. To turn YouTube into your perfect music service, we’re launching YouTube Music Key as a beta with our biggest music fans first, and then we’ll bring YouTube Music Key to the whole world together. So, if you see an invite in your app or email, try it out for six months for free.

Source: http://youtube-global.blogspot.be/2014/11/youtube-music-2014.html

Another music streaming service. It's good for the competition, but in the end I won't see it coming fast to my country.

That sound interesting probably will never come to where i live seeing that google play music is still not available here.Even Youtube Creator Studio is still not available.

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

I can't see myself using this service..

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

There was no real reason to pause videos when you locked the screen other than stopping people from using free YouTube instead of paid Google Play Music.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

People that end up paying for services like these don't really know how the internet works :/

"no ads"?

"play music while screen is locked"?

"offline viewing"?

we can already do all that. doesn't even take much tinkering lol

SPAAAAAACE!!!

People that end up paying for services like these don't really know how the internet works :/

"no ads"?

"play music while screen is locked"?

"offline viewing"?

we can already do all that. doesn't even take much tinkering lol

I would pay for a service that makes my life easier, I just open the app, press a button and hey presto, downloaded the video or add free music

Honestly I think its a cool service, might even look into it myself

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Yeah no thank you Spotify has a free version and a much much better paid subscription than this

I would pay for a service that makes my life easier, I just open the app, press a button and hey presto, downloaded the video or add free music

Honestly I think its a cool service, might even look into it myself

but I pay the same amount for netflix and get much more content for my money. $8-$10 seems like a lot to ask :/

SPAAAAAACE!!!

I mean, if it's better than spotify then I'm down to switch. It would be so much cooler to have the video playing while driving. 

I mean, if it's better than spotify then I'm down to switch. It would be so much cooler to have the video playing while driving. 

Yeah I love the idea of getting all the music videos

Yeah no thank you Spotify has a free version and a much much better paid subscription than this

Spotify is only music, not music videos, so this service also does that, which is pretty awesome :)

but I pay the same amount for netflix and get much more content for my money. $8-$10 seems like a lot to ask :/

I have netflix too, but that is for tv shows and movies.. not music and music videos

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Looks like they've just added a Music tab to the subscriptions page as well.

cd6169f1fc.png

I hope that this works with other videos as well (other than music). I presume that it doesn't, but it would be nice if it did - I watch a lot of YouTube and at least sometimes I would pay to not have ads (and no, I will not use adblock).

HTTP/2 203

Hmmmm, for the last couple of hours I've used the new music tab on the "front page" of youtube, it actually works quite well and this mix that it created for me isn't too bad. I could see myself paying for this, I am not too fond of Spotify, and a lot of artists/release labels (Proximity for instance) I listen too don't have Spotify, but ofc they all have YT. But does it need to stream the entire vid, or is it able to just rip the audio from it (low bandwidth connection here...) 

Edit: I do use adblock on YT, mainly because of the shit video ads that completly fuck up my bandwidth, but having this in an "app" form which is more polished seems to be better. 

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

Tbh this looks like youtube wants to promote musicians/music youtubers. I guess that any label of distinction will keep selling their albums seperatley and we will keep recording free spotify in order to get our free music.

who cares...

finally background music

Cpu: FX8350 MoboGigabyte GA.990FXA-UD3  GPU: EVGA GTX770 2GB  RAM: 8GB Crucial ballistix tactical tracer  STORAGE: Crucial M500 240GB /seagate barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair RM750  CASE: Xigmatek Talon  COOLING: Corsair H100i KEYBOARD: Quickfire TK KEYPAD: Razer Nostromo MOUSE: Razer Naga 2012  HEADSET: Tritton pro+

Kind of odd when you consider Google already offers a music streaming service through Google play...

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

music in the background?

vwMin.gif

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1240 v3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 RAM: 16 GB GeIL Dragon 1600mhz GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 770OC 2GB Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D Storage: 1TB WD, Blue, 120GB, munch ssd PSU: 600w Corsair 

Display: aoc tn something, Dell ips U24..  Keyboard: CM storm quickfire xt Brown switches Mouse: Logitech G502, Pricing: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/8CBWjX

Biggest concern is how much data is going to be used while streaming.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

I have netflix too, but that is for tv shows and movies.. not music and music videos

for music videos I'm sure YouTube is a better option. unless you plan on locking your phone's screen while watching one?

and as far as music goes, $8/month seems like a lot to me. how many songs do you listen to a month? (new songs/artists)

or will they charge us $8/month so we can loop 15 songs?

My library consists of Metallica (all albums), Eminem (most albums), Watsky (about 4 singles), Childish Gambino (about 3 singles)

and a lot of covers of metal/rock by Charlie Parra on YouTube (Creator of The Sandy Ravage Theme)

it's a hard sell for me because movies/TV shows are more expensive to produce than music. not to mention server costs for larger files (movies/TVshows) so I'm skeptical of the price.

SPAAAAAACE!!!

Excellent. As I understand it, I will already have this service when it is released since I already subscribe to Google Play Music. I will definitely check it out.

also include a subscription to Google Play Music

Yep, I'm in.

I love Google All Access, WELL worth $10/month.

I wonder if we automatically get this if we are already paying for All Access Music?